Official Dc Thread

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by JSM, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

I absolutely hate their outfits. They went with the Injustice, over the top design, and I think it looks pretty bad

2. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Aquaman actually looks the best out of that lineup.

3. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

I actually like the outfits, except for Flash's.

raviator and Savory Griddles like this.
  4. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

5. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Compare that to MCU costumes.... hilarious, DC exec still don't know why Marvel has them beat. Do not stray away from the reason why the superhero is popular, their classic costumes and their backstories. You mess with that and there goes what makes them special.

6. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Yeah. I actually agree. Flash's looks a bit over the top, but the rest are fine. Can't even really see Aquaman's that well. It's kind of dark on that side of the picture.

7. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

I think CyBorg looking like Michael Bay's version of Transformers, with just a bunch of jagged scrap metal glued together, and The Flash with the total over design are absolutly terrible. The rest, eh, I'm not a fan. Aqua man might be ok, but I can't really make out the uniform well enough.

raviator and TIME like this.
  8. Savory Griddles

Hard to say. It looks like it might be sort of like Flash's where there are geometric shapes sort of making it up and the light is reflecting off of the different panels. I don't remember it looking like scrap metal in the Justice League trailer. Aquaman...I mean, they had to do something to him. They couldn't go with the orange and green ensemble. :D I'll reserve judgement on the rest of the suits. But Flash's sucks. They are saying he needs this special suit to deal with his speeds. DC trying to make ridiculous super powers somewhat scientific or "believable" I guess. Because he can channel the Speed Force and move through time, but we gotta explain the skin not burning up. That's the really hard to explain part, right? :wasntme:

raviator and Barnstable like this.
  9. raviator

raviator - Rookie -

I'm agreeing with all the assessments here. I'm actually okay with WW, but yeah Flash's outfit just doesn't look uniform, too many jagged edges like it's strung together at the last minute or something. And I agree with Barns about cyborg, almost expecting him to turn into a Porsche or something.

Barnstable likes this.
  10. Savory Griddles

11. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

WB keeps making money with bad movies and they're planning 15 more or something.

There's still: Justice League, Man of Steel 2, The Batman, Wonder Woman, Suicide Squad 2, Gotham Sirens, Flash solo, Aquaman solo, Green Lantern, there was talk of Booster Gold, there's been talks of Cyborg solo, and now of course a d*** Grayson movie.

Amazing. Even Marvel isn't that diluted.

12. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

its like they don't know when to stop and just restart the whole thing. Seriously just take a break and plan some stuff out. They just tweak on the fly and things just keep getting more convoluted.

13. Savory Griddles

I know. I was talking with a buddy of mine at work about this exact problem. What if WW bombs? Aquaman will already be in production. They need to give themselves a chance to stop and reboot the whole thing.

This Nightwing movie has me wondering if it's Ben Affleck's way out of the DCEU. There were rumors a few days ago he wanted out completely. Maybe they kill Bruce Wayne and have Nightwing become Batman? I find it odd that they have all these movies lined up and have had them lined up for months, then Affleck drops out as director, rumors swirl he wants out completely, then a new movie about Batman's comicbook replacement is announced out of nowhere.

DC also has Flashpoint in their back pocket if they want to use it for a reboot. They keep cancelling and pushing the Flash solo movie back. Maybe it's so they can set up a couple things in the next couple movies. Introduce us to Flash, etc, etc...then restart the universe where things are different, but the same people are in most of the roles? I don't know. It appears to be such a mess over there, it can't be that disjointed. These changes must mean something is going on.

14. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

If i was steering that ship i would call finish releasing what has been shot and call it all off after that. I would then sit down with the best folks i could find from the world of comics, film, etc and start plotting a large story. I would start planning on doing solo films for the big characters, but would start with the ones that have not had films before. Like Flash or Cyborg, or even a rebooted GL. Then slowly working in the rest until it built up to something. You could pepper the films with easter eggs and hints. they are just going to Sony it up though and keep ruining the DCU...

Savory Griddles and therealdeal like this.
  15. alam1108

I love Nightwing but uggggghhhhhhhhh

16. Savory Griddles

Yep. Everyone wants to copy Marvel, yet nobody actually does. They just want to skip to Avengers. Marvel built up the world and let us get to know the characters. That build up is what MADE the payoff of seeing them together fighting that much better. You have to have some foreplay before the main event, right?

DC skipped everything and started with the butt

Kingsama and Barnstable like this.
  17. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

I also think the biggest issue with all non marvel studio movies has been the rejection of source material. Fox even said they were doing it. Disney has made a major effort to honor the source material while still reframing it in a new story. DC, Fox, Sony, etc all just slap a characters name on something and have them look somewhat like the character and call it good. Why would you not borrow for decades worth of great stories and character development? Until they get that right you are gonna continue to have mostly sub par movies. Heck the only reason Deadpool worked was they let them actually make a deadpool movie. I bet part 2 stinks because it sounds like fox is taking control back...

ThizGuy83 and Barnstable like this.
  18. alam1108

We're getting a Justice League trailer on Saturday. Yay?

19. Savory Griddles

Yay?

20. alam1108