Official Dc Thread

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by JSM, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

I'm hyped for this!!

raviator likes this.
  2. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Might be the best thing to come from these CW shows.

Barnstable likes this.
  3. Barnstable

I started watching DC Legends of tomorrow right now to get ready for this show cross over event, and man... this show is terrible. I think I'm on season 1 episode 5, and I hope it gets much better (like Agents of Shield), because I can't imagine watching this load of crap all the way up into the middle of season 2.

4. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

I actually stopped watching it. It is ridiculously bad. I understand you have to suspend a little disbelief with time travel, but they are so freaking careless with it, I can't accept it. Flashpoint had real consequences, and all Barry did was save one person's life. In Legends they outright kill people that could save thousands of lives resulting in millions of people being born from those thousands. They are supposed to be protecting time in Season Two and they change the timeline in some gigantic way in nearly every episode. Add to that the characters are all dreadful outside of Atom...

Supergirl is just about as bad. I now just read recaps of those two shows the next day to sort of stay up to date for when crossover events happen. I watched both of last week's episodes thinking there might be some lead in, but there was nothing in Supergirl to even hint at something coming and in Legends there was one line at the very end of the episode that said our friends in 2016 need our help. That's it.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    Barnstable likes this.
  5. Barnstable

Supergirl grew on me. It's not exactly good, but it has a sickening charm and innocence to it.

Arrow is too WB, teen angst or me to watch or too long, but it's good in short dosses.

The Flash is the only DC show that I really just like, even though it's pretty cheesy and easy to predict much like Supergirl.

All that said, Legends of Tomorrow is on another level. I'm nearing the end on season 1 waiting or something to happen or me to care about.

6. alam1108

Legends is pretty bad, interesting concept but terrible execution.

Supergirl has grown on me as well, the move to CW has helped a lot.

Arrow hasn't recovered from having to move away from the suicide squad story line. It used to be good but I feel like every episode is the same now.

I like Flash the most, the support characters are my favorite and his villains are some of my favorites too. you

Savory Griddles and Barnstable like this.
  7. Savory Griddles

I think that supporting cast helps a lot. Joe West is the most endearing of the "fatherly figures" in the CWverse. I hated Cisco at first, but now I love him. And Wells is always good in whichever version of Wells he's playing. Iris and Caitlin are the weakest, IMO. I like Caitlin as the normal Caitlin, but I just can't buy her as Killer Frost. She comes of like she's trying too hard to be evil.

Barnstable likes this.
  8. Savory Griddles

So I watched Supergirl last night. The huge 4 episode crossover event that was promised? Nope. It was a normal Supergirl episode with Barry and Cisco showing up in the last few seconds to say they need her help. Instead of alien-invasion action, we got 30 minutes of relationship drama. This is why I don't watch this piece of horse turd. Next time they promise a crossover event with all 4 shows, I will read the summary of Supergirl on Tuesday morning.

9. Barnstable

Finished Legends of Tomorrow season 1 :Kobepuking:

10. alam1108

So that crossover was a thing.
    I enjoyed it because I like these characters and I'm a sucker for big hero team ups.

It was really just a 3 night crossover as oppose to the 4 that was advertised all weekend long everywhere. Best of the nights might have to be Arrow. It was their 100th episode and they called back a lot of characters/stories from the past couple seasons.

It was nice seeing a TV network do this with not a huge budget, it was very ambitious and it worked for the most part.

Barnstable likes this.
  11. Barnstable

I thought they should have use a 4th episode on Supergirl to flesh this out. I felt it was way too rushed. Not enough plot development. Like they just threw this story together, when they should have been hinting at it and building it up over time through all 4 shows months in advance. That would have made it feel more substantial.

12. alam1108

All the previous crossovers have been a separate story line as well. I think the writers/producers want to make standalone stories where it feels like you are watching a long movie, where the casual viewer doesn't have to watch a bunch of other episodes to enjoy it.

13. Barnstable

I don't want there to be anything significant in the lead up, just something to hint towards it, like Marvel does at the end of their movies. It all just feels too random to me when they jump right in to this big cross over. I know some shows have made it work, but I'm not a fan of how they handled this.

14. alam1108

At the end of last week's episode of the Flash, it was him approaching the spaceship that landed.
    I'm pretty sure that's not what you meant but there was that.

15. Savory Griddles

I mean, I don't want to ruin a part of LoT season two for you, but if you don't care, here is a perfect example of randomness:

So there is an episode where Atom loses his Atom suit (it gets destroyed) and at the end of the last normal episode of LoT he didn't have a suit. But they needed Atom to be Atom for the crossover so they quickly explained it away with one line...and it had been a pretty significant part of the last few episodes.

Barnstable likes this.
  16. alam1108

They explained it well enough on LoT. The episode where they found a bunch of the star alloy from the Western time period, he explained how he had enough of it to make 40 Atom suits but he wanted to make a suit for Commander Steel first. Steel got his suit and probably worked on his right after. After all, Gideon can make almost anything.

17. Savory Griddles

Yes, but it was so stinking quick. It went from no suit to suit off camera. They made such a big deal about it the LoT storyline (it was essentially most of Palmers character development with him learning to be a hero without the suit), it should have been handled there as opposed to no suit, then suit because we need him to fight the aliens.

18. alam1108

Fan made, but I wish this is a thing in the future. Most likely not with company politics involved.

19. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I just watched the animated version of The Dark Knight Returns (parts 1 & 2), have no idea why I put it off for 3 years, guess I figured they shouldn't have charged for 2 blu rays and it should have been one. It was on cable and DVR'd it though. Now I understand what Snyder was going for with Batman V Superman, and now I see even more how miserably he failed. This was superior to that film in every way. That pretended to be epic, this was epic. Commissioner Gordon vs the new comish, The Mutants, a new Robin, Harvey Dent, Joker, Superman, nuclear war, Gotham in chaos, now that's a Batman movie. Only thing that would have made it better were if it was voiced by some of the regulars, this Joker was good, but he was no Hamill.

Barnstable likes this.
  20. alam1108