Official Dc Thread

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by JSM, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

2. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

I'm not feeling it at all

3. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

What Lego batman?

Me neither btw. I like the superman as a polarizing figure angle, but the rest feels like they are trying to catch marvel in one movie, instead of planning it out properly

4. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    I don't get the Batman vs. Superman storyline. How did it work in the comics? Batman obviously has no chance against Superman. Did he track down some Kryptonite?

5. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  6. Barnstable

I thought the trailer sucked a**. Probably because I just saw the Star Wars trailer yesterday, so I remember vividly how that made me feel vs. this crappy CG filled trailer

7. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

That honestly felt like a fan made trailer for something.

therealdeal likes this.
  8. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I'm inherently a little biased as mostly a Marvel guy, but I love Batman.

This trailer was incredibly boring. The last line was great and all, but other than that?... Yawn. Maybe @Barnstable is right and it's because Disney/Marvel/Lucas Arts stole their thunder with the Star Wars trailer, but still... The Star Wars trailer was way better.

I'm quickly running away from the Batman vs. Superman movie if that is any indication for what's coming.

9. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    I guess I'm in the minority, but I thought it was great. Maybe because I've had such low expectations for everything I've heard about the DC Cinematic Universe. I've never been a huge Superman fan, so I like how they're playing up the angle of people being skeptical about him. Everything about Batman in the trailer was awesome. I loved his voice and it was even cooler since the first time we hear it is him delivering that awesome line.

But I'll agree that they probably are rushing things. As someone who has never read comics, I didn't really understand why Batman is coming after Superman. While watching the teaser, all I could think about was how I'd honestly want to see a bit more of Batman's origins within this new universe. It wouldn't make much sense to me if Wayne becomes Batman just because he doesn't trust Superman, but at the same time it would feel weird to have this be a battle he takes on later in his superhero career without really seeing any of his past.

10. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Watched the high quality version of it, still doesn't do anything for me. Affleck looks like an ok Bruce Wayne in the one scene we see. The suit looks huge in the scene where he's walking, not the ending scene. Not sure about the computerized voice. Better than him trying to copy Bale and do something original, I'll have to see/hear more of him talking to decide whether it works or not. The quote at the end was the ONLY thing awesome about this trailer whereas every single frame of the Star Wars trailer dripped epicness.

11. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Star Wars trailer releases and brings thousands of fans to tears because of how awesome it is. Why did WB decide to release this trailer anywhere CLOSE to SW? I realize it leaked, but it was coming on Monday regardless. They shouldn't have even cut it together until they knew they were clear of the SW trailer.

But even with that being said, this trailer was bad. I was excited for this film, but if they are going to go the "false god" route and make people actually start worshiping Superman like some sort of cult or deity, that would be enough for me to abstain from the DC universe all together. I'm all ready nervous about the casting choices they are making and I am not a Zach Snyder fan at all. That trailer was just about as bad as it could be for me. Hit every possible note in terms of turning me off.

Barnstable and Weezy like this.
  12. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

This movie is going to make or break the DC movie-verse I think. From the looks of the trailer its closer to breaking than making. If they were the ones that leaked the trailer then that was a bad move, no way was this going to compete with Star Wars. Should have kept with the Monday release date.

13. raviator

raviator - Rookie -

As far as teaser trailers go it was mediocre. But I'll reserve judgement until I see the real trailer.

14. Barnstable

QFT

15. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I'm a Marvel guy but this was all played just about perfectly by Disney/Marvel/Lucas and it screwed DC/WB.

This was the first real trailer for the movie and thus didn't have much footage. It's weak. The first Star Wars trailer wasn't great either. DC sets up this date on Monday to release the trailer, but Disney/Lucas releases their second trailer right before hand. They just effectively stole the thunder and ran with it. It's all a marketing ploy and it worked perfectly.

The only decent parts of the trailer are the Batman reveal where he looks enormous and the line at the end... everything else is boring and a waste. Most teasers are like that though.

Oh well. DC just has to tip the cap to Disney/Marvel/Lucas and keep plugging. I've always thought they were making a mistake trying to emulate Disney's model for Marvel success. They didn't need to shoehorn characters together. Just tell good stories and audiences will respond.

16. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

@therealdeal

You just hit the nail on the head. DC is trying to keep up with Marvel, but they dont want to do all the foundation building. Marvel spent years developing their cast of characters and then after a time once fans are fully invested in the characters hit you with avengers. Dc is just throwing characters together and hoping if its dark and gritty fans will love it.

Also I think Disney is paying to get the best talent. JJ and Joss are some heavy hitters, and they are taking risks with great young talent. Dc seems to be playing it safe.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
    Savory Griddles and therealdeal like this.
  17. Helljumper

Student
    Jared Leto as The Joker. Get rid of the tattoos, and it would look great. The tattoos are lame as hell though.

[​IMG]

Kingsama likes this.
  18. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

I cant really buy the tats, scarification maybe,but not tats

Barnstable likes this.
  19. Helljumper

Student
    Here's a new pic of Affleck as Batman

[​IMG]

Barnstable likes this.