Official Dc Thread

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by JSM, Mar 13, 2015.

1. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

2. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Boooo! Go Marvel!

Nah I'm kidding. I think Batman vs. Superman will be cool. I am not however looking forward at all to Suicide Squad. I think that's going to flop pretty hard.

3. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

I have to admit, I had much more interest in it before Hardy dropped out. Still want to see how this interpretation of the Joker plays out. And Will Smith in a superhero supervillian movie (Hancock doesn't count) has my curiosity. I do like Ayers though, he's capable of making some damn good dark, gritty movies.

therealdeal likes this.
  4. therealdeal

The problem is getting Smith to play nice in a group. He's been a scene stealer ever since he hit it big with MIB and Independence Day. I love his work, he's one of my favorites, but will he work well in a group? I don't know. We'll see. And a new Joker is always interesting.

5. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

It's good to see him finally taking a chance after his career flat-lined because he tried his damnedest to cram his talentless kids down our throats. He could've avoided this situation all together if he had accepted Tarantino's offer to play Django. Him having a mask on during the action will help deflect from the fact that it's Will Smith. How he handles the scenes when he's not suited up and whether he can fit and not upstage actors is TBD. Ayers handled the group dynamic in Fury quite well, I thought. Brad Pitt is larger than life too, but it didn't seem like a Brad Pitt vehicle (granted he has a history of fitting in well in the Oceans films).

The Showtime Mamba likes this.
  6. therealdeal

Yeah I mean we'll see what happens. I just don't have much faith in the situation working out the way they think it will. I think it'll be a lot like Man of Steel: cool for a one-time watch, but upon further inspection not all that great.

7. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

If the new DC movie didn't have the Joker I wouldn't care much, but it does along with Harley Quinn, so I'm interested. The Joker is my favorite comic villain, we get plenty of him in comics and cartoons (even video games), but not in movies IMO. So I'm excited for more Joker and a new take. I don't know how it came about that he became this untouchable role that we only get to see every 20 years, but I hope that's changing.

8. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

It's weird. I felt the exact opposite. The first time I was like, eh. But it was way better on rewatches.

9. therealdeal

Really? I enjoyed it while I watched it, but every second I've seen it and thought of it afterwards it's been terrible.

10. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

11. Weezy

I'm honestly excited for this, I think it has a very solid cast, and if done right, it could be sweet. And again, more Joker is never bad IMO.

12. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

I feel like the Suicide Squad movie is going to make or break DCs movie universe. I just don't have the confidence in them to make good movies as I do Marvel.

The refusal to connect the TV universe with the movie one is going to hurt them I think. This season of Arrow took a hit with the announcement of the suicide squad movie, they had to cut back on two of the better villans on the show in death stroke and deadshot. This tv universe flash and arrow are building is great though.

13. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

I actually disagree with the whole blending of universes. Only now is it working for Agents of Shield, and Agent Carter sucked. It's like in the comics, there are alternate universes. That's the way I look at it. By not blending them, you have more freedom to follow your stories. Agents of Shield SUCKED for the majority of last season because of what they could and couldn't do due to Winter Soldier's story. We are going to get two well built out universes that can each explore there own stories.

But I do agree with Suicide Squad being a HUGE deal for DC. First off, it's a very different kind of comic movie. Second, they are going to use it as a jumping off point to flesh out a lot of villains.

14. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Don't get me wrong, I would love for the TV universe to be separate from the movie universe for the same reason you stated, freedom to follow stories. Problem is it's not that black and white, the separation between the two. If you wanted them separate then let them be separate. DC has pulled Blue Beetle, Deadshot and possibly Deathstroke from being used on the TV shows because of "movie possibilities". Personally I felt like that has somewhat caused the rocky season Arrow has been having.

15. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

16. therealdeal

I heard it's fake? Would be pretty sick if it's real though. Not a huge DC guy OR a huge Snyder guy, but the man can do some good things visually.

17. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

^ Heard conflicting things. Guess we'll know for sure Monday. Figured i'd throw it up here before it got pulled (if it's real).

therealdeal likes this.
  18. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

[​IMG]

interesting.

19. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Batman/superman trailer leaked last night. Aside from that scene above, thought it was underwhelming. That could be because my mind was still blown from the star wars trailer. Not entirely sure.

https://vid.me/zvQk

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  20. Weezy

It's just a trailer, I know, but I felt nothing. No excitement, no chills, nothin. If that's Batman's voice it's lame. Could also be me still not feelin Affleck in the role.