Moritz Wagner Discussion: Mo Knows Treys

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 21, 2018.

1. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

Championship.

2. Anon Inam

Anon Inam Guest

Love the optimism!

3. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

But what do you think about the clip? Doubt you have seen it before. As a non-"novice" evaluator of basketball talent unlike many of us what are your takes watching the 6 minutes? If you actually do that. Which is all and what Lakers fans have to go on so far. He's going to be playing with your boy so would think you will care and give up your thoughts.

4. ThizGuy83

ThizGuy83 - Rookie -

Medical healthcare professional
    we just need a player with size and hustles. he seems to fit the bill. we are not asking him to be a damn hall of Famer or all star, we just want him to be dependable and give the team energy.

5. Anon Inam

Anon Inam Guest

I seem to have offended you. Sry

6. LTLakerFan

Well that aside, yeah cracks like us being novices if we don't think like you think about LBJ, I actually would like your takes on Moe. Do you even give a bleep about anyone else on this team? Start earning your keep with interesting content maybe in your posts on this Lakers forum. Doesn't that make sense to you? Again your Guy chose to come here.

7. Anon Inam

Anon Inam Guest

I tried to already state my position on him. He is a rookie, and not really built to bang at the position he plays. I think expecting too much too soon of him would be a mistake.

I am trying to think of a similar player that was able to be effective immediately upon entry into the leafue, but I am drawing a blank.

8. LTLakerFan

Yeah never mind. Thanks for the breakdown. Nothing to think will be useful in that footage that we have not been able to get from our back up center position? You could have said the same generic nothing about Kuzma last year after his sterling SL until he actually showed it against NBA players.

9. Anon Inam

Anon Inam Guest

Kind of hard to rely on every draft pick becoming the steal of the draft

10. LTLakerFan

Generic. Never mind. I don't care any more. Call anyone here novices again and it's on.

11. Anon Inam

Anon Inam Guest

OK, I’m not sure what you were looking for.

Being a fairly tall and energetic guy who can shoot doesn’t necessarily translate into what we need right now. We need interior defense and rebounding. Offense it’s not our issue right now.

12. Anon Inam

Anon Inam Guest

And my apologies on the novice comment. It was a throwaway word, but I could see how it might offend some.

I just have a hard time believing that NBA fans don’t fully appreciate when LeBron James brings to the table. But to each their own.

13. LTLakerFan

There you go. Stick to your one and only talking point on this forum so far. The greatness of LeBron.

14. Anon Inam

Anon Inam Guest

So if you don’t like what a poster has to say about a marginal NBA rookie, you just flame them? Nice.

15. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I'm going to say this once: the next person to throw out a comment like "Kobe stan", "Bronsexual", or attacks the intelligence of another poster with comments like "novice" is getting a suspension. I dont care who they are.

alam1108 likes this.
  16. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I hope Mo gets some time tonight. I don’t expect immediate impact though, he’s a rookie and he missed all of training camp and preseason, he has never seen real NBA action before. It will take him some time, I just hope in the meantime he grabs us hustle boards we desperately need right now, he blocks some shots, hits some jumpers, you know, sort of fills that Nance role we’ve been missing. I don’t expect him to hold his own on defense vs bigger guys though, he didn’t in summer league, he isn’t that strong yet, and that’s fine, as long as he can find a way to play to his strengths and contribute.

Barnstable, alam1108 and Cookie like this.
  17. LTLakerFan

Marginal? Against opposing benches? Why? That's what I'm trying to get out of you instead of generic nothing. I say, you could have said the same thing about Kuzma last year after summer league and you come back with, "Kind of hard to rely on every draft pick becoming the steal of the draft". Who is calling Moe the steal of the draft? Maybe I'm wrong but I was right about Kuzma watching clips of him in college before SL last year and of course after his amazing run during it. "I" am excited because of the size, a lot of the similar same skills (on a bigger player) .... and how he appears to have a similar motor as Larry Nance Jr. But he's bigger and has an offensive game. Defense will come (hopefully) but he has the advantage of being actually a 7 footer rather than short 6'9"-6'10".

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    Anon Inam likes this.
  18. Big Mamma Jamma

Big Mamma Jamma - Rookie -

Even though Moe is a rookie I really believe he can change the dynamic of the game. One thing the opposing bigs will have to respect is his shooting. Moe can stretch the floor and open up the paint just with that skill alone. This game is about spacing and I think he could help just because of his ability to shoot the ball.

I don't expect him to light the world on fire because that isn't really fair to him but I could see him providing a different dimension and dynamic to the team when on the floor.

Cookie, TIME, raviator and 1 other person like this.
  19. Anon Inam

Anon Inam Guest

The team could use a shot in the arm. Maybe he’s exactly what we need.

20. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Unleash the beast

TIME, Anon Inam, Khmrp and 3 others like this.