Mash's Official Maverick's Discussion

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by MonsterMash32, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

that Frank fella better be as good, otherwise Phil royally f the knicks again, I have no doubt in mind if Phil was forced to make a legitimate decision during Porziginis draft, i.e. if Okafor was still on the board along with Porz he would've taken Oka4 10/10 times.

The Showtime Mamba likes this.
  2. MonsterMash32

MonsterMash32 - Rookie -

It's painful to watch try and play defense. Under Avery/Rick, from about 05 - 12, he was a good enough team defender and used his size to sometimes alter shots. Now? I went to Sonic vs Spurs game in 2001, Ewing's first year there. He doesn't look quite as bad as Patrick, because he had injuries starting in college, but there are similarities. I know Duncan and KG took bench spots, it may be a good idea, for him and the team, to play the 7th man.

3. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i assume you mean dirk, and yes, it's a big struggle. it was pretty bad the last two years, too. he had an inaccurate rep as a bad defender early in his career, but it's justified now.

i still point to the spurs, though: they play d with gasol out there, and he's got similar strength and mobility issues.

anyway, i think it may be time to play him as the backup 5. they could start noel and barnes and have dirk and powell as the primary backups at 5 and 4, respectively.

before the season, i would have suggested starting dirk at the 4, but his mobility issues are even more problematic there, as most teams like to use their 4 to set high screens.