Los Angeles Rams! How The West Will Be Won?

Discussion in 'Other Sports Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jan 7, 2015.

1. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

I forgot about Mannion...he looked like a solid prospect coming out of college. Right now, the same criticisms are being leveled at Wentz. Last night on NFL Network, they showed how Goff was trying to get his reads down before catching the football which led to the fumble. He could just be pressing. The panel though was still high on him...McGinest, O'Hara and the other former player whose name escapes me at the moment. Part [or most] of the reservations is that Goff did not run a pro style offense at Cal. Does he seem un-athletic to you btw?

2. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

No he seems to have the body for it, but his mind is so far behind that it's shocking. He seems like a very uneducated kid who has had life handed to him for a long time. All this pro style offense is way, way over his head. I'm not saying he's a bust just yet, but he's certainly way behind what you'd expect give his draft spot.

3. gcclaker

Well...I hope the Rams don't have a bigger Ty Detmer or Dave Klingler on their hands.

4. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Talking about absolute bruising beasts of running backs whose careers did not last long because they had to do so much and were such targets, Earl Campbell comes to mind. Only 1978 - 85.

[​IMG]

And waaaay too short of a career because of the freak hanging on tackle on one leg along the sideline ...... this guy. Blazing speed to go with that body. Bo knows "amazing athlete".

[​IMG]

I still remember one catch he made in center field. Low screamer off the bat with hardly any arc to it. He read it perfectly and sprinted straight back toward the wall, but nowhere near the wall then just leaped upward like 30-36 inches on that blazing dead run and backhanded the ball for the out. And LOLOL that run where he just BLEW UP Brian Bosworth at the goal line who was huge and at that time supposed to be a defensive monster.

gcclaker likes this.
  5. gcclaker

^Campbell...The Tyler Rose and Bo Jackson, Auburn's most famous alum not named Barkley. Crazy how both did their feats without resorting to much weight lifting and, uuummm, supplements. The 30 For 30 docs on both were very entertaining and really shone a light on them as individuals. Speed and power... Jackson's injury was a freak one...hip dislocation with what looked like a non descript tackle.

I'll always associate Campbell for running THROUGH Isiah Robertson then linebacker for the Rams. So much so that he had to ask the pre-game show NFL Today to remove that highlight from their lead in promo.

6. LTLakerFan

[​IMG]

therealdeal likes this.
  7. therealdeal

Cuts: Battle, Christian Bryant, Chubb, Cunningham, Morgan Fox, Rohan Gaines, Aaron Green, Austin Hill, Michael Jordan (CB), Jordan Kovacs, Eric Kush, Cameron Lynch, Terrence Magee, Paul McRoberts, Marcus Roberson, Ian Seau, Jabriel Washington, and Duke Williams.

Terminated Contract: Akeem Ayers, and Cam Thomas.

That means all the stars of Hard Knocks were cut pretty much. I thought McRoberts had a shot. I thought Duke Williams played his way OUT of a contract. I like Kush, but his head just isn't always in it. Baby Seau was okay, but kept making rookie mistakes. You're the DE! You can't give up containment! Ever! Chubb I think went back to the practice squad, he's got a future. So does Fox.

I was surprised we cut Ayers, but I think that's how much faith they have in Chubb if injuries hit.

8. gcclaker

So...young QB's all around. Garofollo, Prescott, Wentz played yesterday and all didn't fare too badly. I am intrigued to see how Goff will do when he gets his chance.

9. therealdeal

*sigh*

Probably not as good as those kids...

10. gcclaker

"Beat L.A.!' chants at Niner game...

11. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    Best part of the game

LTLakerFan likes this.
  12. gcclaker

^Last night's WTF? moment..

13. LTLakerFan

How in the world does due diligence and the fact of having to give up draft picks for years going forward .... overlook or not realize that apparently this Guy is NOT all that, maybe is not better than Wentz and apparently is NOT the sharpest tool in the shed? What am I missing? He's not a big guy and unless he's the 2nd coming of Joe Montana why was he picked over Wentz? Couldn't even beat out Mannion for 2nd string on opening night. What a colossal blunder unless this guy really has great talent and can smarten the hell up with his Xs and Os.

14. gcclaker

Goff grew up under tough times at Cal. He's a resilient kid. Y'all gave up a lotta peoples for him so brass must have seen something. L.A. though is a short minded town so I hope it is soon. I did not know Goff was 3rd string on the chart. Short term answer is to pick up a veteran signal caller so the young man can have time to learn. Keenum ain't it or maybe give Mannion the reins. He does well, trade him for draft picks. There are always QB needy teams out there. I don't think Goff is and will be ready this season...

Have nothing against the Rams and I like the members here that cheer for them. Be different if it was Denver or K.C.

15. therealdeal

I was too embarrassed to post here before...

That first game was some of the most pathetic football I've ever seen. The coaching staff needs to get fired. I'm sorry, but they had all summer to come up with a gameplan for the Niners and this is what they gave. They had no answers. One of the linemen did an interview on Dan Patrick and said, "they threw blitz packages at us all night that we weren't prepared for". Oh. Unprepared...

The play calling was archaic. Nothing at all moving downfield. Bad blocking even on run plays and couldn't give Gurley a lane to move through. It looked like they were tanking the game. The got rid of high priced veterans like Lauranitis and Long which left nobody to fill the void. Alec Ogletree looked completely outmatched for the Mike back position.

Everything about that was the worst football I've watched in a long time. Fisher and Snead need to get fired and they need to bring in a new coach and system.

Fisher is the Byron Scott of the NFL.

16. gcclaker

...damn. I know someone who played high school football [o-line] who told me what he saw was surreal. Disorganized, no cohesion... I always thought Fisher was a credible coach going back to his Tennessee days. Your last statement was damning however...

17. therealdeal

Yeah I played football for 8 years and what we saw on the field was less complicated than my high school days for sure.

It wasn't just that there was no gameplan, it was that there was no gameplan AND no adjustments were made AND the talent was lacking AND when things got tough the team folded and quit. What does that say about your coaching staff? What does that say about your GM?

If I'm Kroenke I'm absolutely livid at that result. Extension? F*** you, Fisher and Snead. I'm looking for replacements right now. A name that's been floating around for a year or two now is John Harbough and I would absolutely prefer him to Fisher. I don't know where you look for a new GM though.

18. LTLakerFan

"Fisher is the Byron Scott of the NFL."

Oh yikes. The horror strikes again.

[​IMG]

19. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Decent game defensively but then again Russell was on a wobbly ankle. Also apparently the paramedics had to be called a many times because of the heat. Near 100 today in most of SoCal.

20. LTLakerFan

OMG. I agree with whoever said early on that in this biggest or next to biggest media market in all the land, with the story of the Rams coming home, that the play by play announcer SUCKS!!! He makes Bill MacDonald look like a cross between Vin Scully and Chick Hearn.

:Woozyshaq: :Ingramsawinglogs: