Los Angeles Rams! How The West Will Be Won?

Discussion in 'Other Sports Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jan 7, 2015.

1. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

That's a ridiculous contract. I was hoping we'd be able to keep him for closer to 3/35 million or something. Oh well.

That offense is impressive, but that's too many mouths. Every week somebody is going to lose out on opportunities. Plus their defense is going to be horrible. Mahomes better be everything they dreamed of.

gcclaker likes this.
  2. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

Rams need a replacement wide-out.

Burleson on NFL-TV's "Good Morning Football" praised Watkins for his precise route-running and predicts being injury free heading into the season along with not being the first option will have a big season. Just saw that it is Top 3 money for his position just behind Antonio Brown and DeAndre Hopkins.

My team needs corners... :(

3. therealdeal

You guys should nab Tru. I like that kid a lot. I understand Peters and Talib are upgrades, but still he's a damn solid corner.

I think the Rams are going to rely on their draft pick from last season most likely in Reynolds although I think that could be a mistake...

I'm really looking for a LB in the draft. That kid Shaquem Griffin looks interesting even with one hand. I like Tremaine Edumunds too and of course Roquan Smith is a monster. Rashaan Evans is a possibility.

There's also a number of solid veteran LBs out there, but we need someone who can stuff a run on this team. Looking at our DB core, teams are going to want to run. We need to have someone who can plug that hole.

gcclaker likes this.
  4. gcclaker

Sherman called and McKenzie told him that we don't have the cap money to pay him. Ugh... I agree with you on Johnson. I like him as he's younger and isn't coming off a serious injury. One of Lynch's BIG selling points to Sherman was playing Seattle twice.

Griffin has been one of the good storylines in the combine. I hope he makes a team then do well...

Mocks have us drafting either Smith or Edmunds.

5. therealdeal

Saw a little bit of Roquan and the kid has a good feel, a heavy hitter. I think he'll make a good pro. I keep reading Edmunds is a project, but I like his tools right away.

The only thing that makes me hesitant on Griffin his hand. You don't make many tackles with your hands in the NFL, but still he's a constant disadvantage in heads up situations. Sometimes that jersey grab is all your teammates need in order to get there.

gcclaker likes this.
  6. Bryant

Bryant - Lakers 6th Man -

Sorry for taking more CBs! :Kobe Snickering:

@therealdeal what do you think about going for Jordy Nelson? He just got released. I also saw someone mention DeVante Parker; the Phins might dump him for minimal compensation.

7. therealdeal

I'd love Jordy as a stop-gap if we need one. Everything I'm reading is that the Rams are in love with Josh Reynolds as their field stretch option. I think we'll see more Everett this year too.

I am very happy to bring back Robey-Coleman. That's now RBC, Peters, Talib, Shields, Webster, and Peterson... With Joyner and Johnson at the safety spot. That's insanity!

What I'd like now is to go after Preston Brown, Navarro Bowman, Zach Brown, Jerell Freeman. I want some run stuffer linebackers. Use the draft to nab a couple great OL prospects (haven't looked yet). We're set for the next 3 years or so. Let's f***ing do this!

Bryant likes this.
  8. therealdeal

So the Rams re-sign Eisley to a 1-year deal...

But more importantly they're getting a visit from Ndomukong Suh... I very much dislike Suh and the Rams already got Talib who I despise... But if they can nab Suh as well as hold on to Donald, we're building a defense for the ages.

Suh, Donald, Brockers, Westbrooks, Eisley on the front line.
    Peters, Talib, Robey-Coleman, Johnson, Shields, Webster, Hill, Peterson up top.
    Longacre, Ebukam on the edge.
    Barron inside.

Plug a veteran run stopper inside or draft one of the young LBs early this year and that defense is just amazing.

The offense I suppose they're going to rely on Coach to make sure it hums with whatever pieces they've got, but holy damn that defense...

gcclaker likes this.
  9. gcclaker

Donald + Suh...equals BIG trouble for O-Lines.

Bryant and therealdeal like this.
  10. gcclaker

SI Mock Draft:

23. L.A. Rams: James Daniels, C/G, Iowa
    Billy Price’s torn pec opens the door for Daniels to nudge past his Big Ten counterpart, and to the Rams—who have a long-term need at center, which happens to be a position Sean McVay values greatly.

11. therealdeal

I'd be fine with that. We'll see how this breaks down, but I feel like not going after a MLB would be a mistake. Still, I can't argue with an OL pick. It's always a good idea to beef up the OL.

12. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

OBJ, Suh and Talib on the same team. Rams saw all the Shaq-Kobe stuff in LA and said hold my beer.

therealdeal likes this.
  13. therealdeal

I am veeeery interested.

Beyond the off-field issues though, how do we pay for him? We have to pay Donald and Gurley very soon. Goff will come up eventually. If we got Suh, we're paying him too. Where's all this money coming from?

14. gcclaker

Ya'lls got Suh...ed. 1 year 14 mils.

therealdeal and Bryant like this.
  15. Bryant

Bryant - Lakers 6th Man -

[​IMG]

Lock Angeles is coming.

therealdeal likes this.
  16. therealdeal

Someone on reddit said PTSD (Peters, Talib, Suh, and Donald). I love it, even if I don't love PTSD.

This was a great signing for both sides. One year deal means he won't infringe on our big upcoming extensions. He has an opportunity to play well for a year and either get paid elsewhere, or come back if he wants to fit in long-term.

This defense is going to be otherworldly. Peters and Talib are ball hawks. Donald and Suh are going to put pressure all game long, how do you throw against this defense?

All they need now is a plugger in the middle. Go get a veteran who is willing to just smash up the inside on run plays and this defense is going to light you up... With McVay behind the controls offensively, I think we're looking at one of the best rosters in the NFL.

Bryant, LTLakerFan and gcclaker like this.
  17. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

I guess OBJ trade talks stalled...

So the Pats got more back for Cook than they did for JimmyG. Did the Rams overpay or did the 9ers underpay?

If the Rams don't win it this year....yikes! They've given up a ton of draft capital for potential 1 year rentals. Could be Lock Angeles, but could very well be Loss Angeles too.

18. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Most aggressive off season that I can remember in the NFL, and I’ve been watching since 1965.

therealdeal likes this.
  19. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

Jesus, and now you guys got Brandin Cooks. He's not OBJ, but he's a damn good WR1. Something I think you guys lacked last year offensively.

I'm a Chargers fan, but the Rams have built something special this offseason with all those moves.

therealdeal likes this.
  20. therealdeal