Los Angeles Rams! How The West Will Be Won?

Discussion in 'Other Sports Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jan 7, 2015.

1. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I agree, but I'm not hopeful. Let's see what he looks like tonight.

2. Lakerman JSJ

Lakerman JSJ Moderator Staff Member

Yep. I wouldn't bet my life savings that Goff is going to be a stud, but we've seen flashes. The first half in New Orleans last season was impressive. We shall see.

3. Lakers2015

Lakers2015 - Lakers Starter -

I'm a Cowboys fan, but given the fact that I'm a Lakers fan and obviously a good portion of the fan base is Rams as well as now Charger fans there is definitely a big part of me that hopes both franchises have success.

therealdeal likes this.
  4. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

That was the ugliest opening drive for a score.:D 3 and out, but then a recovered fumbled punt. Then Gurley can't run anywhere as they swarm him, Goff at least makes a few good passes, a fumble into the end zone and a score. So lucky, but the Rams will take it any way they can get it.

therealdeal likes this.
  5. therealdeal

I thought Goff did an adequate job. Nothing spectacular, but he didn't miss much either. Gurley still has nowhere to run. He better be a catching threat out of the backfield, because this offense line CANNOT run block. At all.

I only caught the first drive for the offense and defense, but they looked pretty solid. I liked the defensive energy. Woods's fumble on the goal line is unacceptable. I thought it was interesting the offense they ran: all quick passes, lots of movement. I wonder if they open up the book a little more with Watkins taking the top off the defense or if this is their plan all season long. It'd be a waste of Watkins, but teams have to respect his ability as a big play maker. It seems like their best bet might be taking small bites with Woods, Kupp, and Higbee, and then taking big haymakers with Watkins every now and then.

I didn't see them all, but how many fumbles in this game from both of these teams? Yikes!

6. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

The dink and dunk most of the time? It could work just to set up the long pass. The inability to muster a decent running attack would not bode well.

7. Lakers2015

Lakers2015 - Lakers Starter -

Ugly game for sure. Kellen Moore is so bad. If Dak gets injured like Romo did a few years ago they're done. They may not even go 4-12 this time.

Like what I saw from Charlton and Woods.

As for the Rams I thought their backup QB looked pretty good. Missed the first few drives so didn't see Goff.

8. therealdeal

They really need to set up the run game with some drop off passes to Gurley, some screens maybe. The O Line is a mess trying to create space off a handoff and Gurley doesn't seem to have a great feel for the off-tackle run plays.

9. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

No comments on the new blue and white helmeted Rams beatiing Oakland with Goff and Mannion completing high % of their passes and no interceptions? WTF, how did the blue and white helmets look?

10. therealdeal

Helmets look great, but the jersey isn't coordinated yet. :D

The offense looks solid! Goff looks above average so far. He's still making some rookie mistakes, but he looks 100% better.

Lakerman JSJ and LTLakerFan like this.
  11. Lakerman JSJ

Offense giving me a ton of hope for this season. If Goff plays up to the level of a "Game Manager", this team will be vastly improved.

therealdeal likes this.
  12. LTLakerFan

Ummmm ...... BUMP!!

Or was Indianapolis expected to suck?

Lakerman JSJ likes this.
  13. gcclaker

Luck >>> Tolzien...but Rams took care of bidniz.

Lakerman JSJ likes this.
  14. LTLakerFan

Did Luck not play? Didn't see the game.

15. therealdeal

No, Luck is still recovering from the poorly handled injury he had. The Colts were missing their best offensive lineman, their star quarterback, and their best defensive back. Even so, the Colts aren't a very good team. Their weapons are mediocre, their line is awful, and their defense is still subpar.

The Rams did extremely well though. The offense looks 100% better and Wade Philips is a defensive guru. McVay can attack in so many different ways. The Rams are going to be underestimated this year, but once teams adjust they'll start losing games again.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  16. Lakerman JSJ

Colts were definitely short-handed and aren't going to be very good even at full strength, but that was a BEAT. DOWN.

Rams did exactly what you'd hope for them to do against and undermanned opponent and take it to them. Very encouraging performances all around, and we add probably the best defensive player in the league in Aaron Donald back into the fold moving forward.

I was cautiously optimistic we'd get to 8-8 (or better) this season and I feel better about that feeling after one game, but we'll learn a lot more about this team after Sunday against the Redskins. Consistency would be nice.

therealdeal likes this.
  17. therealdeal

Well looking around the division now and David Johnson just went down (Arizona looked sub-par already), Seattle's offensive line is the worst in football, and the Niners are average at best and awful at worst...

It's not out of the question to think this might be a playoff team as of right now.

18. therealdeal

Solid Week 2. Could have probably won the game, but the defense against the run yeesh. I mean it's one thing if the backup running back gives you some problems because he's a new look, but they were getting gashed up by Fat Rob even before that. I like Fat Rob, I have him on my fantasy team, but he's not a great running back. He shouldn't have given us that much trouble and of course Chris Thompson ran roughshod all over us.

Encouraging game out of Gurley who looked more like the star we need him to be. A couple miscues from Kupp and Goff showing their age, but they're still looking incredibly competent given where we were last year.

Looking at Seattle, Arizona, and San Francisco, there's no reason the Rams can't compete for this division.

19. LTLakerFan

Up 24-13 at the half over Niners? Haven't been watching .... but appears they're doing well.

20. gcclaker

Fun game to watch... Goff is looking comfortable. Niners need a QB and they will be on the rise. Looking like a rivalry will be resurrected soon and Seattle's dominance in the division is on fumes.

Oh and Donald > Suh.

therealdeal likes this.