Los Angeles Kings Talk Vol. Defend Stanley

Discussion in 'Other Sports Discussion' started by VinMillerHearn24, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Flames had a BIG loss last night. I want the Jets to start losing too. This Ducks team is better than last year's. I'd rather not face them in the first round. I think we beat the Blues or Preds in 6. Ducks are controlling the puck much better this season. In the playoffs, that's what matters. I'd rather play the Ducks later in the playoffs when the Kings are in "full playoff mode." Sharks almost snuck up on us last year...well, they did sneak up on us. But the Sharks do what the Sharks do.

2. puffyusaf#2

puffyusaf#2 - Lakers Starter -

Author of "Just a Thought"
    3 min left in this game and we are down 1 trying to kill a powerplay. Not looking good for points today.. as I type it the wild score. 3-1 wild. Looks like points are gone

3. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

Bleh. The Wild are hot right now, and the Kings came out too slow, otherwise, we outshot them and played an even game.

Still a point ahead of Calgary at least.

4. Savory Griddles

This is going to be close. Anyone else find themselves getting confused and forgetting who we want to lose in hockey and win in basketball. Sometimes I momentarily see like the Jets won and I'm like, "Awesome!" Then I remember that we want them to lose and it's the opposite of the tanking we are watching in basketball.

therealdeal likes this.
  5. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I hate routing for losing!!!

Savory Griddles likes this.
  6. pound4pound

pound4pound - Lakers Starter -

im a bit worried now

7. lakerfan2

Why? We control our destiny. There are 8 games left, we have a big game tonight against the Blackhawks, we win, we're back in the playoff picture.

I mean, if you take a look at 2012 and 2014, we didn't qualify for playoffs until the last few games of the season.

We lost to a streaking Minnesota Wild team who are currently the hottest team in the league. Behind them, we're pretty much the other team killing it, despite how the playoff situation looks. It just so happens to have to many competitive teams right now, but we have a lot of things going for us.

Pearson should be back Thursday and our schedule looks a little better now that we killed that New York trip.

Keep the faith! #BELIEVE !

8. pound4pound

pound4pound - Lakers Starter -

Since Jan 15th, best Goal differential: Wild +47, next best team in league +12

crazy stat...those guys are rollin

9. lakerfan2

And to think, it was a deadline move for their goalie who has been tearing it up and their power play kill has been the best in the league since as well.

10. Savory Griddles

We can lose one more game as long as it's not against the Flames and we are still in. But if you look at the schedules going down the stretch, the Jets' have the toughest one and we are two behind them with one game in hand. Jets and Flames also play each other to close out the season. That'll probably help us one way or another. But Jets going down the stretch: Rangers, Canucks, Wild, Blues, Avalanche and the Flames. I mean, the weakest team in that run happens to be 6-3-1 (Avalanche) in their last 10. Heck, we're 3 back of the Canucks with one left against them. We could very well move into 2nd in the Pacific.

I do worry about the Sharks on that last game. I could see them trying to injure guys on our team.

11. lakerfan2

Terrible outcome today for the Kings.

A bad loss and the Canucks and Flames win.

Need to play perfect from here on out.

#BELIEVE

12. therealdeal

13. Savory Griddles

Last night couldn't have been worse. Everytime it looks like the Kings are going to pull away, they get clocked a couple times.

14. lakerfan2

Quick was really good last night, but the defense was absolutely atrocious and he no help from the offense either.

Doesn't help when the refs call @#$@# penalties like the one on Sekera. That was the weakest roughing I've ever seen.

2 points behind the Jets, 3 points behind Calgary with 1 game on them, too far from the Wild and Vancouver now.

15. Savory Griddles

Looking at schedules, the Jets will be the one to catch. Their remaining schedule is brutal. Even though we technically don't control our own destiny with them, I think we stand a better chance at catching them. Don't we have the tiebreaker with them?

16. lakerfan2

Yeah, the Jets have the toughest schedule, and they've come down from their streaking play, unlike the Wild.

I think we're getting Tanner Pearson back on Thursday too, that should be nice. But good lord does Mike Richards suck. Unfortunately, Shore, who has been playing extremely well especially in the faceoffs, will probably be scratch, but likely for the better. Move King down with the Nolan, Clifford line, which will be that tough, hard working line, and we'll be back to being deep.

Prediction? We'll sneak into that final Wild Card spot and get an early meeting with the Anaheim Sucks. Which I'm all for. This team needs to put up, or shut up now.

17. Savory Griddles

I think we will sneak in, but I don't think we beat the Ducks if we play them in the first round. The Kings ARE playing well, but I think we need a round or two to get rolling. We are still having too many breakdows. It's possible it's just we aren't as good We essentially lost Richards, Voynov and Mitchell. That's a lot to lose.

18. therealdeal

I am losing confidence. :heartbreak:

19. lakerfan2

The Mitchell loss is okay. Richards was only a factor last year in the playoffs. Voynov has been made up by Sekera, who unfortunately, got hurt in the Hawks game, but luckily the emergence of McNabb has been surprising. You know who has disappointed me lately? Doughty. He's lost a step for some reason and making too many mistakes, especially offensively. Brown has been really bad too.

Last year, the Sharks were a horrible match up for us in the first round. The Ducks ARE deeper this year, but if there's ANY team that could stick it to them, it's the Kings.

puffyusaf#2 likes this.
  20. Savory Griddles

Big night tonight. One of Calgary's most losable games left on their schedule and a MUST win tonight. If the Flames beat the Blues and we lost to the Oilers, it might be the end for us.