Lonzo Ball Discussion: Bulls

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by OmarE, Jun 22, 2017.

1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

I got it from your "not seeing the point". Just going on with your take from your point of view and even now not bemoaning a little what we should have had in our heavy rotation this year.

2. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

I take 8th seed over the crap we just went through, its a process...anyone thinking a team thats been 5yrs out of the playoffs can suddenly turn into a contender overnight is fooling themselves and truly live in LALA land, even if we had sign PG this past off-season I would not have expected to be at the lvl of GSW/Hou, teams take time to gel, learn the system, etc.

3. bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy - Rookie -

Long term, the lottery pick is likely better. Because we can use it as a trade asset, and it will likely be more valuable than Randle, especially if it's top 5.

But we can agree to disagree on that.

4. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

NOBODY turns into overnight contenders...only true outlier was Mia

5. bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy - Rookie -

I don't think "renting" Randle for a year is something to deeply care about, one way or the other. I also don't think he wanted to be here, anyways, unless we extended him or locked him up on a long term deal.

6. bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy - Rookie -

What does "overnight" mean?

1) Miami became overnight contenders after the summer of 2010.
    2) Boston, who was in an even bigger championship drought then Miami, became "overnight" contenders in the summer of 2007.
    3) The Cavs became "overnight" contenders after signing James and trading for Love to pair alongside Irving.
    4) We turned into "overnight" contenders once we got Gasol after fielding a team with Smush Parker as the starting point guard for two prior seasons.

Almost every team that doesn't build through the draft becomes a contender overnight.

7. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

btw there's NO chance its top 5, its top 3 or 11/12 thats it

8. LTLakerFan

You didn't see the point! IMO if we had had Randle we are in the playoffs this year! Maximizing Lord LeBron's time here. Isn't that what you go on and on about? That's not something to care about?

[​IMG]

9. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

I'll give you Bos/Clev but we didn't do what they managed to do, we were not overnight contenders with Pau trade, that season got off to oddly crazy start and guess who was one of the main catalyst, some young guy named Bynum who kobe wanted to trade off for over the hill no "J" Kidd

10. bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy - Rookie -

We weren't going to contend this season anyways, even if we had 10 Randles. So doesn't really matter. Getting a lottery pick will help us trade for Davis which will make a much bigger difference in our ability to contend.

11. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

if you still believe AD trade gona happen, I got a land plot in cambodia worth million in few yrs to sell you cheap :)

12. LTLakerFan

Talk about deflecting. Like being in the playoffs and maybe getting to round 2 was not better than where we are. Bull ****. And "10 Randles." There with the snide attitude again.

13. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
    10 Randles
    100 Russes

You’ve stopped discussing the issue and have retreated to rhetoric. You’ve changed the point of dispute. You’ve roundly praised your perseverance in the face of ignorance. We get it.

Here’s hoping it all works out for LA. I know too many people who need a significant win from the P and G.

abeer3 likes this.
  14. bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy - Rookie -

Well we're trying to do what they did. Sign a max FA and trade for a star.

15. bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy - Rookie -

You're zeroing in on a few hyperboles I'm using just to deliver my arguments, but you're missing the meat of the arguments themselves.

I can rephrase to better clarify:

It wouldn't matter if we had Randle on this team or not as a rental for this season. Sure, we win a few games. But I'd rather have the lottery pick because it's a more valuable trade asset. And Randle wouldn't make us a contender, anyways.

16. bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy - Rookie -

If LeBron was injured for that many games, Ingram gets DVT, Ball is out, Hart is out, I don't think Randle gets us past an 8th seed matchup with GSW and a first round sweep even in the best case scenario.

I'm talking with the goal in mind of contending. If we're going to keep Randle for a year, make the playoffs, and then dump him for cap space so we contend. How is that any different from not keeping Randle for a year, and then using the cap space so we can contend? The ultimate goal is the same. Maybe we get an additional playoff appearance out of it, but that's a moot point in my eyes.

Plus, there's the lottery pick, which has the potential to be VERY valuable.

Using hyperboles offends you, but calling my arguments "b*******" isn't exemplifying a snide attitude? Stop with the hypocrisy, man.

17. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
    You forgot about the 21/7 guard named Russell. You can prefer this or that, but we’d be in the playoffs, we’d be young, and we’d be coherent as a crew.

SamsonMiodek and abeer3 like this.
  18. LTLakerFan

Hilarious. Getting to the playoffs, and with maybe more health from other players not having been used to play out of position down low to their physical detriment, being more healthy going into them possibly getting to round two would not have been preferable to this lottery and our team's look to the rest of the league and free agency. After listening to you whine and moan and analyze all year long (props for the work seriously) why we weren't winning more trying to get in the playoffs.

:Shaqdisappointed:

abeer3 and Khmrp like this.
  19. LTLakerFan

OK I will apologize for starting that yesterday. Just was trying to make the point your view on the season and the team and circumstances is not always going to be taken at face value, when we don't know for certain any of us what actually went down.

And your well researched argument for doing a 180 re maximizing Bron's time here and getting to the playoffs now is not as good as being in the freaking lottery again and the league laughing at us just prior to FA .... is?

* From Leonard thread. About the same thing. Attitude.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  20. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Hey, how ‘bout that Lonzo Ball kid, I think he’s gonna be pretty good