Lonzo Ball Discussion: Bulls

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by OmarE, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

By the way it’s not just B0ron saying that stuff. Like him or hate him, Plaschke said the same basic stuff here. You add up the reports of Zo being shopped and multiple people in the know saying the Lakers are angry with Zo and sick of the Ball family and well, where there’s smoke... I like Zo a lot, he was my pick at 2, but his idiot father is f*****’ up with his comments constantly, and Zo isn’t helping by not distancing himself from the comments publicly

2. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I trust Plaschke the same way I trust a fat person looking at the last donut in the box.

3. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    My dream is Zo in San Antonio...
    [​IMG]

4. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

I mean we traded DAR for behaviour issues and the knee concern ... Lonzo is not as dumb as DAR but Lavar , the knee issue and the unnecessary ( even if it was just for fun) Kuz diss may make the Lakers think about it

5. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

My point was wonky shooting motions generally lead to shooting inconsistencies. Saying he shot decent in college (shorter 3-point line, less games and weaker competition) doesn't hold as much sway as his recent shooting over a season in the NBA.

In regards to the two week hot streak being false: Lonzo shot 90/295 or 30.5% over the season. If you take out his 6 game hot streak over that two week stretch from 23rd of Feb to 7th of Mar where he shot 21/42 or 50% - and his year is 69/253 - 27%. He had another 6 game two week stretch in December where he went 18/40 or 45%. Take out these 12 games from his 52 game season and he shot 51/213 or 24%. So it proves my point in his shot being inconsistent due to the motion. You just can't shoot well in 1 out of 5 games and be okay with that.

I'm not sure why you're trying to argue this. The guy shot 30% over a season from 3 and 45% from the FT. He isn't a good shooter or consistent with his shot.

You didn't just bring up Reggie Miller as an argument on why Lonzo could be a good shooter did you? Both he and Kevin Martin were good shooters from the get-go. Jason Kidd developed his shot, but he is an exception and not the rule - he also shot 70% from FT in his rookie season and not 45%.

I get you like Lonzo alot, I understand why and I'm excited for his development. But it doesn't mean that any opinion that isn't in line with yours is wrong on the guy.

6. therealdeal

An opinion that finds what they want in the numbers while ignoring relevant factors is one I'm not going to dedicate any more time to. I showed you a 40% shooter over half the season and you want to focus on smaller samples. Meanwhile his college stats are irrelevant.

You can have your opinion. It's clear you've made up your mind regardless of the facts. I never said he was a good shooter, I've consistently said it's something that needs work. I'm saying trying to pretend his shooting woes are somehow dependent on his shot is wrong. His shooting form has little to do with his efficiency and his college numbers prove that. Continue though with your opinion. More power to you.

7. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

Same. I came around to Lonzo pretty quickly and think he had a better rookie year than he gets credit for. But, it’s pretty clear he’s on the block and if we can use him to bring in Kawhi or even Dame I cants see us passing on it.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  8. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    [​IMG]

Blah blah blah, never lost, they don’t know how to coach Lonzo. If they want to win...

[​IMG]

trodgers and Big Mamma Jamma like this.
  9. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Hey Lonzo!

:Byronbye:

Should have told your Dad to zip it when you had the chance.

[​IMG]

Now instead of spending your career in LA, you may be in NBA Siberia.

Magic can’t keep his mouth shut, this we know. Tampering charges, saying “we needed a leader” after ditching DLO, etc. can’t wait to hear his parting words about the Balls.

:Magic Shimmy:

10. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

What do you mean a small sample size? He was a 30% 3 pt shooter over the season across all his attempts. You’re the one taking a smaller part of the season to paint a better picture, also a sample size where he missed a ton of games. My retort is he had a two week good stretch that improved his numbers but he is inconsistent and a poor shooter in general across the season.

I never said irrelevant, I said the NBA season is more important to the discussion. I find it hard to say that his form doesn’t affect his shooting percentages. I hope I’m wrong on that front, but players don’t generally come in as poor shooters (30% - 3pt and 45% - ft) and then become good shooters (37%+ and 80%+)

trodgers likes this.
  11. JLaker17

JLaker17 - Lakers Starter -

I really like Lonzo as a palyer, but because of his father/family consistently dragging the Lakers through the mud and how he does not try to distance/calm that down he would be the first piece I ship off.

12. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Great gif :clap:... I hate it just like Popovich hates it. That's how the em effer always looks.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  13. LTLakerFan

And this makes me terribly sad. To lose Lonzo too on top of the other great young players that will be casualties this summer. As opposed to my signature's hope that I came to terms with regarding LeBron after realdeal sold me on ignoring the deuchery for the chance to win now while the young guys contribute and learn and take over and continue winning when he's gone. So excited for the game Zo plays and his special talents and the way the team plays when it's cooking. I dread the thought of watching them become stars on other teams now and fear for what we will have left when the old guys are done. **** you LaVar. You deserve the cross hairs gif as much or more than Boron did ... for this.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  14. therealdeal

Shooting actually is the thing that develops the most. Jason Kidd was an awful shooter. Kobe wasn't a great shooter. Nash was a good outside shooter, but it took him 5 years to figure out how to be a 50% shooter from the field.

And how is my sample size small when you started this conversation talking about 2 weeks vs. half his season? I openly admitted he was inconsistent and that was due to him forcing shots early on. He tends to lose confidence, but still keep firing away. His time in the NBA Lonzo showed, for half his season, that's not just an okay shooter, but a good one. You can keep moving your goal post around, but that's the truth.

15. LTLakerFan

"half his season" is quite a stretch even when you explain how you get to it ... however.

16. therealdeal

It's 24 out of 52 games he played in a row. Just under half his season. What's the stretch?

17. LTLakerFan

I think maybe it's the double rounding ups (granted they're reasonably close) with 38.4 to 40% and 24 to being half of 52. Then when I read svtzr's explanation of just how high his 3pt % was in those 2 separate and apart (one) week periods that really skews the whole 24 game period upward.

18. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

So, we're trading the kid because of his dad? Ok then. Isn't it easier to just officially tell him to STFU? Do it on ESPN for all i care, time to stop act cool and be nice. Hell, tell Mad Dog to take a swing at him.

19. LTLakerFan

Nah Magic can't stoop to get into a pissing war publicly with this cretin. Would look petty as hell and it would in no way shut him up anyway. His head would puff up even bigger like when he was going at Trump. He'd love that.

20. therealdeal

There is no rounding up in terms of his percentage. For 24 games in a row out of 52 he shot 40%. The only rounding up is 24/52 which is 46%. It's off of 50% by two games, I didn't think it was that large a sticking point to call it a "stretch".