LABron James Discussion: 21st Season - Setting New Standards

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 8, 2017.

1. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

You know he wants to come.

2. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

... just like Russ, KD and others wanted to join us ;)
    The moment PG signs with OKC, we'll now Magic's "aura" ain't worth s***...

3. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I think that's a flawed way of thinking.

4. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

I'm not sure why folks are forgetting that it was directly after Magic took over as Jeanie's personal adviser (with rumors that he was going to have a larger role coming soon) that led to alot of the rumors of prime free agents all of a sudden angling to coming to LA in 2018. At that time we didn't have the overall #2 pick (Zo) and we still had MozDeng on the books along with a historical losing 4 year stretch of Lakers basketball. What really was the incentive for those type of rumors to come out at that particular time?

5. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

there were rumors of westbrook n love coming to la way before magic came along....there was even a kd rumor to la when mitch/jim.bob were still here n we were bottom 3

6. vasashi17

And what "insider" dropped those rumors...some kid on LG or was it the twitterbomber? If it wasn't the latter, its your own fault you fell for it.

7. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

so because you choose to believe this new insider hes more credible than prior insiders? point is there's been rumors of said star to la way before magic came, dont make it seem these rumors only appeared since magic arrival. for the record i dont believe any of them, theyre all RUMORS to me, regardless who it comes from

8. vasashi17

New insider...dude's been at for 10 years. How can you ignore the come up tho? There were tampering charges thrown our way...and some of it stuck..hence the fine! So at the very least, this current FO is operating completely different from the previous regime.

Its popular knowledge now that Mitch was old school and Jimbo didn't really value scouting and wasn't held in high regard with other members in ownership, as Jeanie was. Rumors coming out of that basketball ops tandem, is highly suspect, cause they were introverts and not really approachable. In fact I can't remember any rumors coming to fruition with those 2 in charge.

Meanwhile Magic is more of a public figure and is easily accessible for media/public consumption. Rumors/sources coming from this current regime are not only more reliable but probably done intentionally as well. Magic's done work for ESPN before and he's got alot of "friends" there. And in terms of reliability there is only a few in the industry that have a great track record when it comes to their insider info. That particular insider has never said Westbrook, Love, and particular KD have been strongly tied to the Lakers. If you choose not to believe it, even when there's clearly smoke coming from this fire, then that's your prerogative.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and John3:16 like this.
  9. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

those "insiders" who made those rumors back in the day were just as "credible" as these guys with pg and wheres this guy now since pg got moved to okc? havent heard a peep from him...i dont doubt magic has done more in the public than mitch but till pg or a true max player come, hes in the same boat as mitch, all talk

10. vasashi17

All talk...haha. That is exactly what PG is doing too. But has he verbally committed or penned a commitment to OKC yet? So how you can say that ship has sailed, yet claim that talk of him coming to LA is "all talk", is beyond me.

What's not talk....LaBron has a LA production company, has a LA house, went with his wife and kids over the summer to scout a LA school. LaBron said he wanted a point guard (ie Zo) even with Kyrie on the team last season. LaBron wanted a f***ing playmaker (ie Paul Geoge) even with Kyrie on the team last season. LaBron's subtweeting game is 2nd to none, and with that he has tweeted about Zo (from recruiting him to Nike to wishing the young king a happy bday) and gave special shot outs to KCP when the Lakers signed him as well as shouting out Magic on his birthday.

In terms of PG, there's that tampering thing.

Its not all talk....

11. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

like i said till you see pg n or lebron in purple/gold, just "talks"

12. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    Speak it into existence.

Juronimo and sirronstuff like this.
  13. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

by that same token, until you see PG sign an extension, he'll a free agent in the offseason and has absolutely no commitment to OKC beyond '17.

LTLakerFan and therealdeal like this.
  14. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

15. therealdeal

16. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

is that argument any different than vash assurance of magic "work" will result in pg/james? its all talk at this point right?

17. therealdeal

Let's assume for the moment you're right and what and vasashi are saying is the same thing from opposite sides.

Why are you right and he's wrong?

18. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

i said there has always been star rumors to la before magic got here but the counter to that from vash is that its more credible now since magic is here. to me it's all the same till we see it on paper

Kenzo likes this.
  19. D-Fish Man

D-Fish Man - Lakers 6th Man -

Don't guys like PG have to say this? That doesn't make it untrue; maybe he does want to stay. But the mere fact that he said that means nothing to me. He can't come out at the beginning of the season and say "no, Westbrook's extension is meaningless to me. I still want to leave. The whole point of demanding trade from Indy was to get out of that cowpoke town. OKC is barely an upgrade. It might even be worse. At least in Indy, I didn't wear a Dorito's bag as a uniform. My dream has always been to play for Los Angeles, where I'm from, where my family lives, and where I stay during the offseason. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, that's where I'll be headed in free agency, provided Magic Johnson, my childhood idol, is interested."

LTLakerFan and therealdeal like this.
  20. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

^^^ Epic PG can't come out and say this now smack :clap: :rofl:

"no, Westbrook's extension is meaningless to me. I still want to leave. The whole point of demanding trade from Indy was to get out of that cowpoke town. OKC is barely an upgrade. It might even be worse. At least in Indy, I didn't wear a Dorito's bag as a uniform. My dream has always been to play for Los Angeles, where I'm from, where my family lives, and where I stay during the offseason. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, that's where I'll be headed in free agency, provided Magic Johnson, my childhood idol, is interested."

Cookie likes this.