LABron James Discussion: 21st Season - Setting New Standards

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 8, 2017.

1. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    That LLLLLebron the GM sucks and cripples the teams he's been on and leaves in salary cap hell, and that won't be a call he gets to make.

2. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I don't see why he'd come here to gut the team completely and if he wanted to do that, we'd tell him no. We can build a contender around him without gutting the roster of young players.

Now, if we ended up trading a couple of them to get rid of Deng's deal as well as bringing in a third All-Star caliber, player I'm in.

Give me 1-2 young kids, LeBron, George, and a 3rd star? Sure. We're immediate contenders and still have a couple long-term pieces to build with.

3. Jazzygirl205

Jazzygirl205 - Rookie -

I was hopeful for the possibility of this happening BUT it seems like the Cavs really did something with that trade, they're winning games with Clarkson, George Hill, etc because they became younger and athletic. I think LeBron playing is happy right now. PG13 on the other hand...

4. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

The Cavs are better than they were, but let’s be real. Hill, Hood, Clarkson, and Nance don’t make them challenge the Warriors, and that’s the goal here. Hell, probably doesn’t even make them better than Houston, as Houston has 2 stars, and the Cavs have 1 1/2. They look great right now, but let’s see what happens when the honeymoon period is over.

5. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

If Lebron is going to sign here, it's going to be under his terms. Otherwise, why would he sign? He can hold most other teams in the league as hostage. So if we assume George is the second wheel and he says we need to get rid of deng and sign a 3rd star.

How does everyone feel about; Ingram used to drop Deng and Ball, Kuz, Hart being used to trade for AD? I assume in that scenario there's no way we can resign Randle.

abeer3 likes this.
  6. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    He actually has limited good options to consider. And he’s in the downside of his career. If he gets greedy he could end up in Sactown

Barnstable likes this.
  7. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i'd like to be left with one of ball, kuzma, and ingram (preferably the first or last), but for anthony davis, lebron, and paul george, i think you sell everything that isn't nailed down. i'm guessing lopez would re-sign for super cheap on a one-year deal, and you'd be able to choose from ring-chasing vets to fill out the roster.

i think this is particularly unlikely, though, because NO shouldn't be eager to move AD at this moment.

i DO think it's likely lebron would make trading for a third star a condition of him signing, though. but i think it would be for more of a john wall-level player (i could actually see it being john wall), which shouldn't take the whole lot of youngsters. if i'm wash, i strongly consider ball/deng/sweetener for wall, for example.

svtzr likes this.
  8. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

If George and some realy tallented kids (ZO, KUZ, BI, Jules) aren't enough for Bron to come here... stay the f*** away king. I'm one of the guys that is/was ok with him wearing P&G but we have to draw a line somewhere.

Cookie, tada, Weezy and 5 others like this.
  9. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i think that means you don't want him. i wouldn't blame lebron for not wanting to babysit during the last bit of his prime.

the problem is that i don't see the lakers getting one star in FA. so i think it's going to come down to kids (and more growing pains) or no kids (and winning seasons).

i tend to prefer the latter, but i could be convinced to go with the youth movement. i would just wish we hadn't traded three of our young players to clear space in that case.

svtzr likes this.
  10. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

:This:

Cookie and tada like this.
  11. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

I think the way clev handled the trade deadline has/will show lebron that a star laden team with crap supporting cast isnt smart (look at okc). Good to really good role players n a star or 2 can/will get the job done

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    LTLakerFan likes this.
  12. LTLakerFan

He's likely thinking dayam .... look how well Larry Nance Jr and Jordan Clarkson play! And they're the ones they traded.

Lonzo Ball .... Unique. Star in the making.

Brandon Ingram ..... Same

Kyle Kuzma ..... Same

Julius Randle ..... Same (or Star level play)

Cherries on top of the ice cream sundae of talented youth:

Hart

Zubac

Bryant

Speed plus Bully Ball plus mad Skilz

tada likes this.
  13. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Part of the entire reason he'd come here is FOR the young players who can make up for his age with their defensive energy and ability. We have right now at least 3 players who are rookies who are really talented players. That's depth and talent for cheap which allows us to go get him a 2nd level guy in George while maintaining competitiveness throughout the roster.

I'm not opposed to trading some of the youth for an established star, but I see no reason why we'd trade the majority. I could see us trading out a package of them for AD, but how likely is that? Is New Orleans going to okay a rebuild that way? They have AD under contract, he has no leverage, and they have no reason to trade him really.

Also, if we trade for AD, someone is taking less than the max to sign here because there's no way we can fit them all in at a max deal. LeBron isn't signing for less so hopefully George is willing to take a slight paycut to be here.

It doesn't matter to me honestly. The big deal is getting LeBron/George here. You get LeBron/George here and as long as we hold on to Ball or Ingram, we're still looking like a legitimate contender. I'd prefer to hold on to at least two kids though (Ball/Ingram or Ball/Kuzma) so that we can have a base to build around once the veterans get old.

14. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Shots fired!

Cookie, tada, alam1108 and 5 others like this.
  15. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    It ain't a lie. Reason why we dodged a bullet when Dwight decided not to resign with us. Yes, he may be difficult playing under the lights of this franchise when you'll be mentioned with Magic, Kareem, and Kobe among others but if you succeed you'll be another god amongst the fans of LA. Risk reward.

16. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

It takes a generational player with that mentality to don the Laker uni... I really don't see one out there right now. Very good ones but not the same level.

17. vasashi17

Sorry buddy...didn't mean to do that to ya. I actually took that argument as you stating Gilbert is wise for not letting LeGM run the ship, but I argue that its actually Gilbert's own fault if LeBron left for a second time. Griffin has said that LeBron had no input in the Cavs trade matters. Of course Bron/Rich Paul leveraged Gilbert to pay fellow Klutch athletes, JR and TT, but LeBron had no major pull in player personnel other than that. Gilbert than proceeds to fire Griffin and deal away Kyrie for nothing that can immediately exploit LeBron in the short term. The same way LeBron probably wanted to make Gilbert pay for all the things he said about him when he took off to Miami, I'm sure Gilbert also looks at LeBron as a major cash cow and will extract every last cent out of him, while he can.

For as much as fans hate on LeBron, I just can't imagine any Laker fan giving Gilbert props at LeBron's expense. Dude royally f***ed us, cause no matter how much you hate CP3, him and Kobe would have been amazing to watch and it probably would have led to more titles. You know CP3 wanted it bad too which is why he chose Houston to go play with the next best thing (Btw, I'm not implying Harden is anywhere in Mamba's league...but its not a coincidence that CP3 chose Houston out of all places).

However, all that being said, I'm the dummy that is talking as if PG and LaBron are a certainty already. I can make fun of Gilbert all I want, but there will be major egg on my face if Bronie decides to re-up there. And if that happens, you best believe that I'll join in on all the Bron hate.
    :Beertoast2:

LTLakerFan likes this.
  18. vasashi17

No disrespect to any women on this site or in general. This ain't a sexist thing, its an ignorant thing. The same thing she accuses LaBron of, she does, with her hypocritical rhetoric.

"b****, sit down...be humble!"

WARNING: This video is NSFW and has moments of crude language

Overall solid interview....and in terms of #2018Plan, its interesting how Bron keeps saying you can't make everybody happy, so you just got to do things that make yourself happy (ie #LeGone 2.0?)

sirronstuff likes this.
  19. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

its cool to say when guys dont come here "cause they dont got that laker menatlity" but end of the day our team wouldve still needed them, we got bums like deng/mozgov who did sign here but they sure as hell dont have that "lakers mentality" lol

sirronstuff likes this.
  20. LTLakerFan

:Laugh: "No disrespect to any women on this site or in general. This ain't a sexist thing...but "b****, sit down...be humble!"

I used to have the opportunity to listen to Jim Rome daily and considered it that. I really liked his radio show. Funnier than hell. But he used to say when someone starts off a statement with "No disrespect to" .... someone is about to be disrespected. Not that any of our fairer members here should feel that way looking at what you're referencing above ..... on this site from a Lakers and basketball centric point of view. Just reminded me of him always saying that.

sirronstuff likes this.