#LavarBallSays- Ball In The Family (the Other Ball Kid Content)

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by John3:16, Mar 14, 2017.

?

Opinion of Lavar Ball

1. Love him. He's crazy like a fox.

20 vote(s)
    33.9%
  2. Who?

11 vote(s)
    18.6%
  3. Hate him. Can't he just go away?

28 vote(s)
    47.5%
  1. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

This is a loooong read, but it’s a pretty interesting one.

LTLakerFan, Battle Tested20 and TIME like this.
  2. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Look forward to it when I'm OK for a really long read. I have been wanting to read about what is actually going on .... from a hopefully balanced and neutral and intelligent reporter.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  3. LTLakerFan

OK got a chance to read the whole article. Excellent piece of writing and captures impartially what he sees going on over his time there.

Lonzo from all outward appearances seems to be an incredibly centered, successful and well liked person to be around. I can only hope the same happens for Melo with all the pressure and circumstance that has been forced upon him his whole upbringing. Same thing with Gelo as he is the middle brother that no one cares about outside of the family and the one many ridicule on the internet now for his China disaster. He is barely referenced in this whole long article.

I come back to "cult like" the way LaVar orchestrates the dream and the plan in HIS head for his kids and for the family and the Brand. LaVar is like the worst stage mom ever and more scary because he has so much power now. Everyone around him and including Melo and Gelo are all role players. Lonzo fortunately has arrived to the point where he can be self sufficient and cut it all off if he ever needs to. Hope the best for Melo and Gelo.

4. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    Good Read, crazy how Lavar just isn't really allowing Melo to go through any real challenges or get coached the right way. Between the show and games Lavar is trying to organize for that team to play lesser talent, it all feels and is fake. Sort of feel bad for the kid.

5. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

...they went against real competition earlier I believe and their team was soundly beaten.

6. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Which isn't even the problem honestly. The problem is at that game Lavar is shouting for his kid to be put in. Parents of athletes are the worst. Their kids need to struggle and learn and that goes against instincts as a parent, but that's what you have to do. The kid has to lose. He has to get his butt kicked. He has to struggle that way he can figure out how to succeed, that's just the truth.

7. LTLakerFan

Dose photos of the surrounding neighborhood. At least it's not cold over there.

"The sky is black. It’s nighttime. Sixteen degrees. Knuckles burn, toes freeze. As I walk outside the Prienai Arena, I can’t feel my nose. The cars in the three-row parking lot look like igloos. January in Lithuania is a far cry from the mild 50-degree winter Melo grew accustomed to in California.

There is no moon. There are no streetlights. Even the white lines dividing the two-lane country road to the arena have disappeared as cars drive through the falling snow. Wooden crosses in a nearby cemetery bend, and tall, windswept pines hover over the road.

Few people speak English. Oftentimes, meals at the Vytautas Mineral SPA hotel, where the family is staying, consist of pork, cabbage and potatoes. Again and again. The mini chocolate chip croissants are stale. There are no movie theaters, no malls, no taco trucks like the ones in Los Angeles, where I live. And certainly no Lamborghinis like the black one Melo received when he celebrated his 16th birthday in Chino. It takes me 10 minutes to scrape off all the ice on my Toyota Corolla rental. I laugh, imagining if Melo had to do the same for his Lambo.

We’re not in Cali anymore
    ."

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and Cookie like this.
  8. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Another interesting read for anyone who wants to know the full story of the China shoplifting incident.

I can’t teally understand how anyone can be this stupid, but then I don’t really get teenagers.

LTLakerFan, ZenMaster, tada and 3 others like this.
  9. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I haven’t watched this yet-in a loud place, but might be NSFW language

10. LTLakerFan

[​IMG]

LOL. ^^^ Totally unrelated but found it and like it on a search for "words can not express" with regard to cult leader LaVar. Look at the expression on his wife's face.

11. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Pfft, looks like old school up bringing. I support it. I came out great for it.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  12. LTLakerFan

:SadPau2: ..... meh not so much.

:Fishwink:

:Beertoast2:

OX1947 and JohnnyComeLately2k6 like this.
  13. LTLakerFan

The thing is the kid's whole life is run to support what his dad wants it to be. School over at 16. Marinovich ring a bell? Maybe this has happier ending for the young one and I hope so. Lonzo has turned out well by outward appearances.

14. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

At some point, the kids will break off from pops.

15. LTLakerFan

Happy to see this but LaVar I would wager .... not so much. Chino Hills won the CIF Division 1 state championship last night without him or his kid or the other kids he insisted they needed to add to the team. Too bad for Melo he had to miss his 2nd state championship. Assuming they would have won with him gunning and listening only to his dad about how to play, and the team being able to ignore all of LVB's insufferable crap during the season. Props to the coach and players for being real Big Ballers.

:Headbang:

sirronstuff likes this.
  16. sirronstuff

"Well, I really built that program, and the new coach is just reaping the benefits of all my hard work."

---Lavar Ball (Probably)

therealdeal and Kenzo like this.
  17. LTLakerFan

Oh he's already done that. When he was going off on the coach three months after it was done or even maybe from Lithuania ... he was puffing up and saying he and his (kids) had put them on the map. They did. (and how again from a basketball reference he knew more than their coach and their program). The quotes are out there. Jack***.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  18. sirronstuff

19. LTLakerFan

Wow again. He's hustling for sure and getting his prep league out there with guaranteed monies first. NBA is still kinda sorta thinking about doing it when?

20. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

I stopped paying attention to Lavar Ball after his little tiff with Luke earlier in the season. That was the line for me with Lavar.

Glad he's been silent since then and I'm glad that Magic and co. sounded off on Lavar's crew.

I better not hear s*** from Lavar about the Lakers...he can talk all he wants about his other two sons but leave Lonzo and the Lakers out of your dirty a** mouth

Cookie, alam1108, sirronstuff and 2 others like this.