#LavarBallSays- Ball In The Family (the Other Ball Kid Content)

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by John3:16, Mar 14, 2017.

?

Opinion of Lavar Ball

1. Love him. He's crazy like a fox.

20 vote(s)
    33.9%
  2. Who?

11 vote(s)
    18.6%
  3. Hate him. Can't he just go away?

28 vote(s)
    47.5%
  1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    sirronstuff and Cookie like this.
  2. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

3. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Wade seems kind of a random player to post about this.
    :Randallconfused:

4. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

All these good shooting nights are against G league or worse talent. Let’s see how they do in the next “man” game.

gcclaker, sirronstuff and LTLakerFan like this.
  5. LTLakerFan

That's nowhere near G league actually. More like not even top tier high school. LOL at LaVar doing whatever he can to make those kids look like they're really special already like Lonzo and they're not ready for it. Should have stayed in school both of them.

gcclaker and sirronstuff like this.
  6. therealdeal

They don't play or have a bad game = they suck.

They play well = the competition is bad and they still suck.

This is textbook hateration.

7. GlickenGoshDebate Tactics

GlickenGoshDebate Tactics Guest

Well, he randomly did a pre and post sex snapachat thing once. He is a random dude.

8. LTLakerFan

This followed my post so I'll assume I'm at least included in your comment. I don't hate the kids. And not Gelo even for the China debacle since he "says" he wasn't the instigator in starting the shoplifting. I do hate LaVar for what he did to those 2 by ripping them from school and then his attacks on his one working son's employer and the fallout including making the Lakers in some FA's eyes a less attractive place to come play. This seems obvious and now rumblings are out there some players are mentioning it.

But the fact is this 5 game series over there is against a far lesser quality of players than even their particular mens league which is less than top Euro leagues. He schemed and financed and set up the exhibitions specifically so they could get some playing time (rather than in Melo's junior year in HS and Gelo practicing with Division 1 UCLA basketball. All of this done to promote the brand. It is what it is.

tada likes this.
  9. therealdeal

You shouldn't. It was really towards @sirronstuff and our ongoing Devil's Advocate feud, but I suppose you've been pretty dismissive as well. It doesn't really matter all that much. I'm providing context and you guys are making your judgements as you see fit.
    You haven't shown much support for them. They can only play against the competition they're playing against. When they do well, nobody says much of anything besides "well those guys they're playing against suck", but when they do poorly (or don't play at all) most are quick to jump them for it. Seems a bit unfair to me so I'm going to keep posting the other side of the fence.
    So what? The youngest kid is 16 years old. Am I supposed to judge him against 30 year old men? His more talented, more mature, older brother is getting beaten up in the NBA. What would you expect from the youngest? To dominate against grown men? Seems unreasonable to expect that from a young kid. Besides, if the youngest was still here he'd be playing against bad high school competition out in Chino. What's the difference in terms of basketball? And the middle kid we all know isn't nearly as talented as his brothers so seeing him have any success at all deserves some acknowledgement. No one is expecting the middle one to make it to the NBA, but it looks like he might have a future overseas maybe.
    Again, this is all criticism of the father who we all know you hate. I'm talking about the kids who are doing better than expected over there. Seems like you're being extra harsh on these kids out of a bias against their father.

My point is: these kids can't do anything around here to garner something constructive. It is literally a Hater's Ball in here (pun intended). If they succeed, it's because of their competition. If they fail, it's because they suck. So what do they do that makes people say "oh wow well at least that's not bad"? The youngest looks solid. He looks as dumb as ever and makes stupid Kyrie/Curry-esque mistakes without the Kyrie/Curry-esque firepower, but he's got some talent. He reminds me a bit of Brandon Jennings for better or worse. The middle kid reminds me of that guy that absolutely dominates the 24 Hour Fitness, but is selfish and it's easy to see why he's there dominating 24 Hour Fitness instead of playing college ball or overseas.

10. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    I'm a self confessed hater of how the Balls operate. I see no problems here.

Lots of bad choices, and I find it perfectly ok to not "praise" what is going on.

I also see Lonzo as acting differently, but if he starts to act like his Dad, you'll find I'm an equal opportunity hater. Just like Chicken Stew, I'm ok pointing out when our guys are sucking a bit, or if LLLLLebron is a douche, etc.

I'm kinda therealdeal if you think about it. ;)

tada, Cookie, Big Mamma Jamma and 2 others like this.
  11. therealdeal

See you and I know the deal. :D

12. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Hey, stop hating.

13. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
  14. LTLakerFan

Lithuanian coach already tired of Melo jacking up 40 footers and "Little Chipmunk" smack.

What's LaVar's next "taking his ball and going home" (pun intended) move since .... "No coach is going to tell Melo to stop shooting"?

And this little tidbit from welcome to the real world .....

“He’s used to doing that stuff.(the 40 footers) They’re not used to training hard. You need to make them give 100 percent in practices.”

http://uproxx.com/dimemag/lamelo-ball-little-chipmunk-lithuanian-coach/2/

sirronstuff likes this.
  15. KuzmoBall17

KuzmoBall17 - Lakers 6th Man -

sirronstuff and Cookie like this.
  16. LTLakerFan

And this little gem at the end of your link's story, Kuz:

"Seskus added that once the Big Baller Brand Challenge Games end, LaMelo and brother LiAngelo will "see that we're a serious team. They will need to stop playing around."

:ShaqOh2:

sirronstuff, alam1108 and Cookie like this.
  17. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Those shots are truly awful, kid thinks he’s Steph Curry. I get that he’s 16, but some coach somewhere has to tell him those are extremely low percentage shots. You only get 3 points, 1 inch behind the line, or 10 feet. I don’t know how LaVar hasn’t told him those are dumb shots yet either. Yeah, it’s “cool” for entertainment like if you’re a Globetrotter, but not gonna make it in the nba like that.

18. Big Mamma Jamma

Big Mamma Jamma - Rookie -

Problem is that Melo developed plenty of bad habits because his dad/coach gave him a green light to jack up shots. His shooting form is not good as he shoots from his chest and is full on chicken winging it. I remember reading the Chino Hills new coach saying the basketball is a team sport and that he wouldn’t Melo jack up 40 shots a game or deep 3s. LaVar promptly pulled him out of school.

My son and I have watched vids of him and he makes some good plays but oft times it is horrible shot selection and no defense. He is more into flash...

19. GlickenGoshDebate Tactics

GlickenGoshDebate Tactics Guest

I am tired of 3s. It is more fun when they are more rare. I woudl rather watch someone attempt some fancy dribbling or pretty much anything.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  20. LTLakerFan

BBB set up game #3 out of 5. Brothers go off. Who wants to wager with me that when this series of LaVar's sponsored games is over he brings the kids home? Not going to put up with his kids sitting on the bench for the real games or the coach telling Melo to stop jacking 40 foot shots.