#LavarBallSays- Ball In The Family (the Other Ball Kid Content)

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by John3:16, Mar 14, 2017.

?

Opinion of Lavar Ball

1. Love him. He's crazy like a fox.

20 vote(s)
    33.9%
  2. Who?

11 vote(s)
    18.6%
  3. Hate him. Can't he just go away?

28 vote(s)
    47.5%
  1. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Surpise that he clashed with trump....Lavar n the Donald seem to similar to not be bffs lol

2. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    I'm usually the one always pushing guys to actual watch the tape/video of the quotes to get the context. But I'll admit this is the first time I watched the video of Lavar's quotes and its quite startling how different it sounds compared to the article. But hey another example of ESPN wanting clicks

3. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

That's what happens then when teaming up with a reptilian entity like ESPN if they screwed him. Should keep his yap closed concerning the Lakers and treating them like they're a high school instead of where your son is now employed for multi-millions of dollars. And talking about LeBron and of course he's going to love playing with Lonzo or whatever it was he said about LeBron coming here. He is literally becoming a possible negative factor when FAs think about coming. If he is allowed by the organization to continue to be this annoying a-hole to the team by doing this ....and the Lakers are allowing it ..... not sure I want to play there and be around it. He's thumbing his nose at Magic and Rob and daring them to do anything about it. He's bigger in his head. I imagine Magic about now would like to knock the s*** out of him. And I hope Rob's shark like instincts are aroused. They have to stop this but how do you do it?

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  4. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    That was a follow up interview. The first one wasn’t on camera. What you see there is some backpedaling after the s*** storm

5. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

there's no stopping Lavar, he'll get his "thoughts" out there even with out media access, with today scoial media app its easy n the media will still come, he makes for good click bait

sirronstuff likes this.
  6. LTLakerFan

What do you think Kh .... how can Magic and Rob cut him off at the knees? I guess they can yank his complementary seats at Staples if I'm reading that correctly that they're comped. But then they're in a pissing match with him and looking bad in the process. With the son on the team who's a player you want to keep for the next 12 years? The stuff talking about LeBron like it was a done deal and him already describing their play together? LVBD jokes that LBJ loves the Balls. Is that true? I would think the egotist that he is and having LV Ball out there including him in LV Ball hyperbole would not sit well. But that's just me. And yes I was one of the ones who worried about him doing this kind of s*** if Lonzo was a Laker.

7. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    Possibly

8. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Not sure, we'll just have to wait n see if this new "restriction" limits him a bit.....i dont care what he says, some of us crap on luke but we're nobodies n doing so on a forum....lavar forum is the world, just makes us as franchise look pathetic that this bozo has so much pull in the media that he cant be refrained....magic/rob already limited media access to him during/post home gms, what more can they can do? Cause technically hes just really n out spoken fan

9. LTLakerFan

The nuclear option? :ShaqOh2:

"No one player is bigger than the organization"

Tell him that Lonzo's not going to remain a Laker at some point down the road. And it is his fault because this is not acceptable and it is harming the team? At some point when they find it advantageous they will move him. Because of him. Threaten him with that? The free agents thing looking at this situation I think is real. At the least he is not a plus.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Khmrp likes this.
  10. LTLakerFan

Easiest option of all would be (to me) to make sure Lonzo understands this first and that they have no other option before they go to LaVar. Would require that he be his own man. If he wants to remain a Laker then he can handle it within the family. He has to grow a pair. If he wants to remain a Laker in Los Angeles close to home and family. His family is not going to be allowed to adversely affect all of the hard work and millions upon millions of dollars riding on all of the strategy and goals of the ownership, the front office and the Lakers organization.

Manve77 likes this.
  11. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

12. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Steve Kerr has been dropping the knowledge a lot lately.

Battle Tested20 and Cookie like this.
  13. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

I had no idea people would be taking things LaVar said so seriously. Even LaVar doesn't take things LaVar says seriously.

0:48 "But that's what I said, they probably want to play for him as hard as they can..."

No way to interpret that but as either he's backpedaling or what he says is the opposite of what is correct.

1:23 "It's somethin'...you know, I don't know what it is"

Pretty clear. Again, a backpedal or admission that he has no clue.

0:44 "I gotta look at somethin'".

This, to any journalistic organization with a shred of integrity, is not news. It's a loudmouth who says things without thinking and then ESPN asks him to explain these things because they stupidly report them as if he's a source. And it's sad because it isn't even ESPN's journalist staff's goal to deliver this stuff, their executives know that the simpleminded segment of the sports public represents the majority and the sponsors want them to appeal to stupid people. Stupid people watch commercials and believe them. Not just sports but programming in general in most forms of entertainment.

14. LTLakerFan

What's up with the disappearing ink at the end above?

:Crazyartest:

sirronstuff likes this.
  15. sirronstuff

"You're really irrelevant but you get clicks because society sucks" smack from Kerr

:Headbang:

16. sirronstuff

17. LTLakerFan

In addition to now having an F with the Better Business Bureau for all of the consumer complaints they have not responded to or addressed, LaVar the legend in his own mind has been screwing a hometown Chino company with non-payment for all the silk-screening and embroidery production they do on the catalogue items.

Big Baller Brand sued by apparel company over payments for hats, T-shirts

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-big-baller-lawsuit-20180108-story.html

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and alam1108 like this.
  18. sirronstuff

Getting exposed for being a bum

But buying his kids expensive sports cars LOL

19. LTLakerFan

It's Plaschke but this **** is becoming pretty evident to everyone watching this clown possibly ruin his younger kids' lives and cost his oldest son his lifelong dream of being a Laker which he has achieved. Unless he grows a pair.

So much I agree with and additionally some I mentioned myself yesterday in wondering what the Lakers organization can do ....highlighted in red. Key points I don't agree with in C bag green.

After LaVar's latest criticism, Lakers must decide whether it's worth it to remain in the Ball business
    Bill PlaschkeContact Reporter

There was nothing particularly surprising about LaVar Ball’s latest attack on the Lakers; it is generally understood he’s a blowhard joke of a father who will go to any lengths to promote himself on the backs of his children.

More alarming was son Lonzo’s reaction.

In his latest attempt to sell his sorry shoes, LaVar mounted a direct attack on Lakers coach Luke Walton from 6,000 miles away in Lithuania on Sunday morning, claiming during an ESPN interview that Walton had lost control of the team, nobody wanted to play for him, nobody connected with him, blah, blah, blah. There were no facts, no evidence; it was simply more brand-building braying from the leader of the basketball Kardashians.

Except, well, um, Lonzo didn’t dispute it.

Presented with his first chance as a Laker to choose between his father’s foolishness and his employer’s reputation, the kid chose his father.

When asked whether he was fine with Walton as his coach, Lonzo said, “I’ll play for anybody.’’

I’ll play for anybody? Those are the words of a rookie whom Walton has constantly encouraged and empowered? That is the statement from a supposed team leader to a locker room under siege?

A day later, on Monday afternoon, fellow rookie Kyle Kuzma responded much differently, saying, “Luke is my guy. I love playing for him … we stand by Luke.’’

[​IMG]
    Now that is an endorsement.

The message from Lonzo was as flat as his jump shot, and now this ongoing drama grows even thicker. The Lakers have to wonder how much the father’s loud and constant discontent is affecting the son, worry that maybe some of it is coming from the son, all of which is building toward a very serious question: Is Lonzo Ball worth it? Do the Lakers really need to stay in the Ball business?

LaVar seems beyond restraint, Lonzo isn’t either strong or mature enough to shake off his influence, and together they are creating unnecessary rumbling under the feet of a young team not yet rooted enough to withstand it.

At this muddled moment, there seems to be only one way the Lakers can regain control of a nasty narrative that is swallowing their rebuilding efforts and damaging their hopes of attracting top free agents. They need to meet with LaVar Ball and tell him if he doesn’t shut up, they will trade his son.

History says the meeting won’t go well. They’ve already met with LaVar once about quieting down and it didn’t work. Enriched by the millions of eyeballs that focus on his every word — which leads to his constant coverage by media that quotes him because it’s good business — this fame hound will not soon be silenced. LaVar is not only growing ever more desperate to maintain his profile in the wake of a sneaker business currently receiving an “F” rating from the Better Business Bureau, he’s also searching for more ways to wring money from his two younger children as they wilt in a Lithuanian gym.

[​IMG]
    So, yeah, if the Lakers make that threat, they’ll probably have to end up trading Ball, and, well, so what?

He’s a good player, but not a transformative one. He’s not their best rookie; that’s Kuzma. He’s not a future cornerstone; that’s Brandon Ingram. He makes the Lakers better, but how much better, and at what cost?

How many great free agents are going to want to play for a team whose every move could be publicly questioned by one of the player’s parents in barbs that are consumed by millions? How many great free agents will want a point guard who is unwilling to stand up to that parent?

An equation often used by sports executives in judging controversial players is, does their production surpass their distraction? In Lonzo Ball’s case, he would have to be a LeBron James-type rookie for his production to even come close.

If they could step back in time to last June, here’s guessing many in the Lakers organization wouldn’t draft Lonzo Ball. Not only has he not been as good as players such as Jayson Tatum or Donovan Mitchell, but he’s been such a hassle that the Lakers might have been better off with a dozen other lesser talents.

I remember talking with Magic Johnson on draft night. It was the first time he promised he could keep LaVar Ball quiet. He has promised it several times since. It hasn’t worked, and now it’s on Johnson to figure how to fix it once and for all. It’s on Johnson to clarify his role as the face of his franchise and show he is engaged and involved.

[​IMG]
    First, Johnson has to be the one delivering the quiet-or-else news to LaVar. Second, Johnson has to figure out a way to publicly show support of Luke Walton that goes beyond owner Jeanie Buss’ New Year’s Eve tweet of #InLukeWeTrust. Remember, Johnson was hired so Buss didn’t have to be the lone basketball voice in these matters.

Johnson and general manager Rob Pelinka are not commenting on LaVar Ball’s latest quotes because they don’t want to be seen as engaging with a no-credibility fool, but they still need a way to show their support for Walton — in a way that does not respond to LaVar but goes beyond a pat on the back for the coach. The team needs to see it. The future free agents need to see it.

Walton is not the problem here. He is growing with the team. He is doing his best to juggle winning with development and preparation for this summer’s free-agent class.

LaVar Ball is the problem here and, sadly enough, by extension, so is his son. And if you don’t think getting out of the Ball business can be good business, just check out the lighter mood in Westwood. When LiAngelo Ball dropped out of UCLA earlier this fall, the Bruins quietly celebrated. It was like a burden had been lifted.

Lonzo Ball says he’ll play for anybody, huh?

Maybe the Lakers need to give him, and his father, that chance.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-ball-plaschke-20180108-story.html

sirronstuff likes this.
  20. DjBelvedere

DjBelvedere - Rookie -

that sums up a bit how I feel these days about all this Ball mess

sirronstuff likes this.