Larry Nance Jr. Discussion: Don't Fake The Funk On A Nance Dunk

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by tada, Jun 25, 2015.

1. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I thought that was Tonto

:KobeConfused:

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  2. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

LOL I was going to sign it Tonto under the photo for the rhyme for the win......

3. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

to atl for marco n illysova

4. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Hooboy. Kuz goes off, Randle wakes up, and now no one wants Nance anymore.

Here's the thing. Randle is most likely not in this team's long range plans in spite of his progress this year. So, we need two Fours. Kuz has already proven his case to be the starter from now on until LLLLL shows up. We still need a bench 4. That's Nance. And when LLLLL + PG show up, I would not be shocked to see him as a starter over Kuz. Nance would be a nice new school Rambis / AC Green starter alongside the stars. The guy that does the dirty work, rebounds, moves the ball, plays D and never needs a play run for him except the occasional Oop. In that case, Kuz would become the instant offense guy off the bench.

Barnstable likes this.
  5. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

you can find a bench 4 in Bryant, even if Randle isn't in the future plans he's here now might as well play him out the rest of the yr....technically Nance is due for an ext too if we look at it that way since this is his 3rd yr after all.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  6. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

No no no no no! I'm with TIME on this one...you don't get locker room guys and non-money/minutes thirsty players like this often. You keep him unless its painfully obvious he needs to be part of a trade. But in a cap clearing move, he hardly makes anything for it to matter. He only falls in the category of a throw in where the recipient team is adamant he has to be involved to get the deal done.

7. LTLakerFan

Well that's what we're talking about .... sending OUT players we have developed an affection for and that are quality people and nice basketball talents to have on our roster to achieve the grand 2 star FA plan. Yeah wish it didn't have to happen. If Randle could stay somehow and Bryant be the 3rd bench big we could do a lot worse as he will continue to improve. So in my mind that makes Nance (or Randle I guess) expendable along with Zubac and an unprotected 1st round pick.

[​IMG]

8. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

I am not necessarily advocating trading Nance, although I'm not against it either if helps us get rid of Deng. I just brought up the fact that I'm not really looking forward to him returning. I don't want him starting for sure. I don't dislike Larry. I just hate his lack of offense and don't think he should take minutes from Kuz or Randle.

tada, therealdeal, Cookie and 3 others like this.
  9. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

I love me some Kuz, but still Nance is my guy as well. When you look at lineup statistics, Kuz in the starting 5 (joining Zo, KCP, BI, BLo) has played with them for 207 minutes and it led to a net -1.6. Replace Nance with those same 4 and they all played together for a total 100 minutes and that lineup led to a net -0.9. Nance's lineup had better assist rates, while Kuz's lineup had better rebounding. But overall it wasn't too much of a difference to justify either of them heading back to the pine.

I still prefer Nance as the starter since he is much more of a defensive presence compared to Kuz. And this allows BLo to get his early, while Kuz comes off the bench and helps Randle and JC outscore the opposing 2nd unit.

abeer3, revgen, alam1108 and 2 others like this.
  10. Doc Brown

Doc Brown - Lakers Starter -

Doctorin'
    I'd trade Nance to get rid of Deng or clear cap space + getting a pick back. Yea he's a great teammate, cheap and does the dirty work, but he's also going to be on the sideline in a suit a lot more than he is on the court. It's not that big of problem now because A.) We aren't a contender, B.) He's on a cheap deal and C.) We have Randle but it will when those three things flip and we have to depend on him because there's no safety net (Randle) and we give him a contract extension.

I don't think the FO has the insight for that, but the writing is on the wall.

Khmrp and TIME like this.
  11. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Yeah, my one exception would be a Deng dump. If it takes Nance to move Deng then it was nice knowing you Larry.

12. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

I love Nance but man I would hate to be the one who figures out what to do with Nance/Randle/Kuzma short term and long term.

Barnstable, Weezy and sirronstuff like this.
  13. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

nance should easily be tradeable especially with deng, nance cieling is what we're seeing now, energy/hustle guy with no perimeter gm whatsoever n its not like hes elite defensively either

14. LTLakerFan

:SadPau2: ... Meh start Kuz still with Larry his backup and Randle getting minutes both a center and at PF as needed and circumstances / match ups dictate?

KareemtheGreat33 likes this.
  15. revgen

revgen - Lakers 6th Man -

We're going to miss him if he's not on the court in December.

Kuz is a great player to have when we're playing teams we should beat like Chicago. But when we're playing tough opponents like Boston, Larry's skills become more valuable. His ability to set hard screens, dive after loose balls, box out for rebounds, and help the helper on defense become more critical against the top teams we'll be facing next month.

That being said, I don't mind Kuz continuing to start. He has way more potential than Larry does, and the more opportunity he has to play, the better. We can always sub Kuz out if we need Larry to come in.

Barnstable, gcclaker and LTLakerFan like this.
  16. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

Don't worry about it , even if he doesn't start again ( which I unfortunately doubt) , Larry will be part of this offensive monster lineup Luke is cooking for us ! : JC- Hart-Brewer-Nance- Bogut

scnottaken and ZenMaster like this.
  17. SFGOLDRUSHER

SFGOLDRUSHER - Lakers Starter -

Master Optimist.
    Does your name stand for Wine-ComplainSoldier or what lol.

18. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    I agree, with everything you said. But playing Larry with the bench isn't exactly great either with his unwillingness to take the shot. The spacing will be worse with him in that. At the same time, you can't take Kuzma out of the starting lineup with the way he is playing.

Luke has some tough decisions to make. But the easy one at least should be keeping Kuz w/ starters even though it sucks for Larry to lose your starting gig to an injury.

LTLakerFan and lakerjones like this.
  19. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

20. LTLakerFan

Well there you go.

:Shaqdisappointed:

Maybe.

Let's see how this goes from here though first for awhile. (Hopefully [impossibly?] not getting killed with the score early) with Ingram doing better and Randle beasting and Kyle going out of his mind. Maybe he gets the green light now whenever in the game if it's capable of being a good shot however he creates it. Take some scoring load off of Clarkson. Could be hell of a 2nd unit again now.

lakerjones likes this.