Lakers Front Office Can't Wait For Kobe To Retire.....

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by sirronstuff, Oct 19, 2014.

1. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Has Jeanie done the interview yet? Anyone catch it?

2. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

I didn't get the whole thing; that's just a little snippet. She said whoever doesn't want to play with Kobe is probably a 'loser.'

3. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

^^ Love it. So happy to see Jeannie stand up for Kobe and call BS on this article. I thought she was going to and I'm so glad she did. The apple didn't fall from the tree with her. She really is her dad's daughter.

4. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

HA!! Sit on THAT and twirl, Dwight [​IMG]

5. LTLakerFan

Wow now I've got to see the whole clip. Love what she said about if "any of that came from someone working on our payroll I will get to the bottom of it and they won't be anymore." She was genuinely pissed at what Abbot put out there. Good for her !!!!!!!!!!!!

shoe and lakerjones like this.
  6. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I hope she said the same thing Colin this morning. Also, Ireland was on Cowherd yesterday apparently sticking up for Kobe as well.

lakerjones likes this.
  7. LTLakerFan

Pulls up chair with box of popcorn as all the ESPN drones run breathlessly to Dwight now to tell him what Jeanie said. It is on. God I hope we beat them opening night, and I believe we can do it. Did it last year once and we are BETTER this year. Whether Dwight upped his game over the summer or not. Hack a Dwight in crunch time with Staples rocking and booing his a**.

8. shoe

shoe - Rookie -

What a great interview. Jeanie was awesome.

You could tell how pissed she was when she was talking about when Jim chose D'antoni over Phil.

lakerjones likes this.
  9. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Ireland was making so much sense but Cowherd just kept brushing it off and repeating the same thing over and over.

Hope there's a transcript or full recording of the Jeanie interview I can catch later.

10. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Jemele Hill stood up pretty hard for Kobe today on NNL, and I was kind of surprised. She made actual, factual, smart points. She said he has trusted teammates that can actually okay throughout his career, and as far as players that don't want to play with Kobe, Chris Paul did, and that she believed Kobe would have trusted him for sure. She also made a joke that she wouldn't have passed to Smush Parker either.

They mostly discussed Barkley saying kobe will never pass the torch because of his ego. Hill said "who is this player, who is this mythical player" worthy of that? Then Michael Smith brought up Dwight as a player Kobe didn't pass the torch to, and Hill apparently made a face that they didn't show, which meant she didn't think Dwight was deserving either. At least that's how Smith took it, again, they cut away from her at that point. Anyway, I've never heard Hill defend Kobe, so that was interesting, nice to see someone at ESPN point out that when Kobe has guys who can play, he passes.

lakerjones likes this.
  11. Aonex

Aonex - Rookie -

Gotta love Jeanie.

12. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Seriously, Jeanie is AWESOME. I realy think she will bring more championship banners to our beloved Lakers :).

13. LTLakerFan

So.....ummmm......where can I find at least the audio of Jeanie's FULL interview or interviews today? Is there video too?

14. LTLakerFan

That is sooooo effing good!!!! And true. Where the hell is Odom1year?? The "Pass the torch to Dwight now" stuff was as "hilarious" as it was maddening.

15. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

...and another person disputes Abott's "well sourced" story...

16. LTLakerFan

^^^ Yes, and then these absolute tools just keep on with the same crap. Now this gutless, clueless pile on article by a huge nobody, Tony Manfred, claiming the Joke himself, Chris Broussard interviewed some gutless, anonymous assistant coach in the east who says Kobe is done. Like MJ with the Wizards, trashing him too I guess. ESPN has become TMZ, it's disgusting. A freaking "finance" guy no less.... this Manfred

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/nba-assistant-coach-rips-kobe-143232944.html

The freaking season starts next week. Actual reporters would cover what happens then, giving it at least a week or so, rather than just pure and simple garbage flying out of their mouths and off their fingertips in advance of the REAL games.

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  17. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    ESPN should be ashamed of themselves for sensationalistic journalism.

ElginTheGreat and lakerjones like this.
  18. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

Why? You guys are talking about them. Some of you click on their crappy articles.

They win.

19. Jazzygirl205

Jazzygirl205 - Rookie -

There has always been hatred for Kobe, way before his Colorado incident as well. Remember that little documentary about him long time ago? Kobe's not arrogant, he was too confident. You can pull any athlete from any sport you'd call a superstar and say the same. Richard Sherman anyone? I watch MJ 1 on 1 people and he has the same approach, telling guys to come harder and they can't beat him. Only difference is MJ was people's poster boy, anything he did was seen as some sort of accolade to him as a NBA player that defined his greatness. I remember many people being turned off about Kobe as a teenager when he entered the NBA because they said he was over confident, and they wanted him to bow under Jordan who was still the Golden boy of the NBA. Kobe wasn't intimidated by Jordan when he played him up close one on one. Kobe committed a sports sin, and it was that he didn't bow down to Jordan. That made people uncomfortable. Then the never be Jordan articles start coming out. No one wanted Kobe's accomplishments and accolades to match or possibly surpass MJ's so they made him the anti-Jordan aka the villain. Everywhere I turn someone was/is diminishing his accomplishments, similar accomplishments a lot of other players throughout history have. He could score 6o through 7 games and lead his team to a title but they'll right an article talking about his assist total. He can set up teammates and have one shoot record 3's in a game but they'd focus on his fg%. They dissect his statistics piece by piece. That way Kobe always remains inferior to Jordan, LeBron or "Greastest athletes" discussions. They're riding LeBron because LeBron is like their Kobe repellent, their anti-Kobe savior. I've seen basketball fans say they didn't know some of the accomplishments Kobe had done until recently, and I was gasped for air. They know more about Colorado than his 81 point game or 5 rings. Many were waiting on someone like LeBron to enter the league to take the spotlight off of Kobe. Any other 36 year old playing like he is would be sopped up with a biscuit for his contributions to the game. A lot of Kobe haters are supporters not fans, but supporters of LeBron, in the midst of Kobe existing in the NBA. Don't think there's a possibility they won't lap up some other up and coming superstar once Kobe retires, over LeBron. The game is a cycle.

That's why Kobe has only 1 MVP. Despite him adjusting to the change in culture of the league for years and keeping his team playoff contenders.

20. LTLakerFan

Great take and read, Jazzygirl205

lakerjones likes this.