Lakers Front Office Can't Wait For Kobe To Retire.....

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by sirronstuff, Oct 19, 2014.

1. southbaylakers72

southbaylakers72 - Rookie -

LT: Can't find anything concrete...its all coming back to me now.

http://dimemag.com/2014/07/phil-jackson-explains-kobe-pushed-dwight-choose-rockets/

Back to the point, FO is behind Kobe 100%. ESPN all about bringing up old news to get people talking about the Lakers because (like Sterling with Clippers) any news however sad, grotesque, or controversial sells magazines, causes traffic to websites and statistics on viewership and circulation to increase.

Non-story. Bet Kobe and Lakers are laughing out there. Read below an interesting find from Abbott talking about Brandon Roy and Greg Oden.

http://www.blazersedge.com/2011/1/3...ry-abbott-talks-portland-trail-blazers-on-b-s

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  2. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Yeah I just don't get why now, why go after Kobe so hard out of nowhere? I guess because he's old and people want to kick him while he's seemingly down for even daring to try and reach Jordan's level. Well, Jordan was an a**-hole too, and that is ignored or he's praised for it, which is a joke. Jordan bullied and made Kwame Brown cry, and people laugh that off as a funny story, "MJ being MJ".

Kobe wants to win and he's a villain, and poor Dwight Howard and Bynum and others are victims. Give me a break, before the NBA became a wuss league Kobe would be seen as in the right like other greats that weren't exactly friendly on the court, from the 90's til the NBA began. This is a league for men, yet it's treated like we're talking about elementary school children, and hurt feelings and crap. Kobe is probably the last of a dying breed and he's being punished for it, for not adapting to the "everybody gets a gold star and orange slices for trying" world. These anonymous sources and Henry Abbot, and Dwight Howard can all F off.

Kobe2413, TIME, ElginTheGreat and 3 others like this.
  3. southbaylakers72

southbaylakers72 - Rookie -

Thought about that last night as I read the article you linked Weezy and think this is all b.s. and to sell papers or circulation because back in the day no one would cry about whether a player was 'nice' to other players on the court. DFish said it after the Lakers victory over Orlando when discussing Kobe's future. Stating words to the effect that Kobe (on his future) has his own ideas about where he wants to be for himself and this franchise. This was never a big secret in Lakersland with the FO. Kobe has been completely upfront about this from the beginning. I wonder if the 'source' that is the "we're" portion of the Abbott article is truly an 'insdier' or perhaps MDA making a comment in present tense which is simply old news.

Weezy likes this.
  4. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Agreed. Bottom line, Larry Bird was a trash talking win at all costs guy. Jordan was the same. Magic was all lovey-dovey off the court, but on the court he was a killer. Remember that elbow to the nose he put to his best buddy Isiah Thomas when he drove down the lane?

These guys played to win. Not necessarily dirty like the Bad Boy Pistons who I hated, but it was war on the court. McHale put that clothesline down on Rambis and all hell broke loose for good reason.

Kobe is truly a throw back. Dwight was weak mentally - he wants all the glory without putting in all the work or the effort. I think Jim Buss himself saw what a whiny punk Dwight was being. Otherwise why in the world would he have D' Antoni come to that meeting. If he wanted to keep Dwight, you don't bring that guy in. Forget Kobe. D' Antoni being there was the clear message that we aren't going to bend to accommodate you. Whether or not it was the right move, I don't know. I was on the side of keeping him at the time, but he's such a punk that I no longer care that he left. He would have kept us relevant but it was going to be really hard to root for the knucklehead.

All of the past is forgiven if we can somehow sign Marc Gasol next year. He's a better center than Dwight right now anyway.

Weezy likes this.
  5. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Thanks for Phil story.... hadn't heard in the post season interviews Dwight again asked for Phil to be brought back, but the rumor going around was that Dwight actually asked them to or asked if they were going to....amnesty Kobe. Dwight is bad news wherever he is playing. He's a cancer when you get to the bottom of all the happy, horse bleep, fuzzy stuff he likes to project. The images last season with him yelling at and ragging on Jeremy Lin, plus literally seeing him and Harden and the "boys" clique they created there..... make a point of not extending hands and helping Lin up after hard falls, busting his a** trying to get to the basket..... sealed the cancer apparent thing with him for me. In reality it was readily apparent with his check the stats and Kobe's shots and mocking him to Kobe's teammates when he wasn't around.

I started to read the second link from Abbot about the Blazers and then just stopped. Could not care less about this TOOL's opinion or what he has to say on anything after this hatchet job on Kobe.

6. Doc Brown

Doc Brown - Lakers Starter -

Doctorin'
    Now Colin Cowturd is getting in on the Kobe/Lakers bashing. Gotta stick up for the company that writes his checks.

"Hey everyone else is getting clicks/attention, I want that too......

The hell with facts."

Mindless drones

TIME likes this.
  7. Weezy

Yeah it's funny, Cowherd was a Kobe supporter years ago, then when lebron went to Miami and people started "hating" on him, he switched to LeBron'a side. He just says crap for controversy, he's a clown

8. LTLakerFan

I just pray Kobe stays away from serious, weeks out at a time type injuries this year. He's played through so many serious injuries over the years that that had never been a big issue. Until the achilles and then the knee. If he does that, he has so much rocket fuel in him now that he may just have an unbelievable season, all things considered. Shut these bleeps up. Though they will still try to pick at him.

But in the League and amongst the players ..... the old saying, "Ball knows Ball"

southbaylakers72 likes this.
  9. Magic Skywalker

Magic Skywalker - Rookie -

Yannis from basketballinsiders wrote an article in response to the Henry Abbott article

"Is that Kobe Bryant's fault too?"

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-pm-is-that-kobes-fault-too/

10. lakerjones

^^ another solid article debunking Abbot's garbage. Good find and thanks for posting!

11. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

honestly, I just don't read anything he puts out anymore. taking a kernel of truth and spinning it wildly to suit your agenda isn't journalism. sure, kobe's not particularly pleasant. this isn't really why nobody's joined the lakers.

putting your lot in with the likes of Andrew Bynum (who's actually kind of a sociopath) and Dwight howard (who's a d****** 12 year old) in order to validate your kobe hate is lame. why not put your weight behind smush parker and Kwame brown while you're at it?

dude just has had an agenda from day one. he's not interested in actually providing thoughtful commentary (as some of the responses have attempted); he just wants to try to take down kobe's legacy. he's been doing it for years. wise people would ignore him completely, imo.

therealdeal, zibi24, TIME and 3 others like this.
  12. lakerjones

^^ Well said abeer3.

13. johnnyboy

johnnyboy - Lakers 6th Man -

Im Satoshi Nakamoto
    Goes to show how dirty ESPN is. Kobe calls them stupid and the next 48 hours are riddled with "anonymous" sources bashing kobe with no details, just
    blanket statements.

lakerjones, TIME and therealdeal like this.
  14. Weezy

I think it's almost a rule that they have to employ one Kobe hater per show on ESPN, except for maybe PTI. Wiley is the worst of all though, I want to punch him in the face when he talks, he's a clown, and he acts like he's always on the right side and anyone who disagrees is the one being a hater. I can't tell if he's as stupid as he seems, if he believes what he's saying, or if it's a gimmick to annoy people. Then again, he is a Clippers fan, seemingly to go against the grain for the hell of it, so that should tell me everything I need to know.

15. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Wiley is just an ESPN design to keep things controversial. I don't take a single thing he says seriously. He can't be quite as dumb as he seems. I refuse to believe anyone could be as dumb as he seems.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  16. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

If I'm not mistaken, I think Jeanie is going to be on Cowherd's show tomorrow

17. Weezy

^^^ She's going to be on First Take too.

18. LTLakerFan

Called it..... good for her. Speak the truth Jeanie!

lakerjones likes this.
  19. LTLakerFan

"Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist Flea and Knicks president Phil Jackson have formed an unlikely duo in their defense of Kobe Bryant against a scathing ESPN story on the Lakers star.

Flea is one of the celebrities who flocked to the Staples Center when Jackson was winning championships as coach in Los Angeles, and the two are sticking by Bryant on social media now."

1. Flea ✔ @flea333
      henry abbott your @espn kobe article is absolute garbage and a blatant irresponsible attack. You forgot to get smush Parker for a quote too
    [​IMG]Phil Jackson ✔ @PhilJackson11
    Follow

@flea333: henry abbott your @espn kobe article is absolute garbage and a blatant irresponsible attack. "Go get'em, Flea

2:46 PM - 21 Oct 2014

BigDan24, lakerjones and Barnstable like this.
  20. lakerjones

I love Flea. True Laker fan, always.

therealdeal likes this.