LABron James Discussion: 21st Season - Setting New Standards

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 8, 2017.

1. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

900 consecutive games in double figures!?

Well... that...

:Kuzmawhoknew:

2. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    Considering the guy is pass first its amazing.

3. Kobe Bryant 8

Kobe Bryant 8 - Lakers 6th Man -

Hating the C Bags
    LeBron's career PPG is literally the same as Durant as of today. Imagine if he wanted to be selfish. He'd be murdering the all time scoring record.

shoe, Kenzo and JohnnyComeLately2k6 like this.
  4. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

impressive considering he's "declining" lol

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  5. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

No it is not just a fact. Fans of LeBron such as yourself would like to believe that because it's an easy narrative, but let me show you why we hated LeBron. Years and years of...

Knocking water bottles and Gatorade into the fans

And this:

Remember when they named the flop LeBroning because he did it so much?

How about this:

Throwing his warmups away from a ball boy in game

Or maybe this:

"
    For all the idiots who can’t understand all the hate directed at LeBron, here is a nice cut-and-dry example for you – LeBron mistreating a kid in a wheelchair. LeBron is such a douche that he can’t even *pretend* to be nice to handicapped kids at public events. From UFC fighter Chael Sonnen:

Let me tell you a story about LeBron. He asked the UFC for tickets for my fight against Anderson Silva. We sit the guy front row, and all through the night he snubs our fans. He’s a guest in our house and he refuses to sign any autographs or take any pictures unless your cup size was later in the alphabet than he was able to learn.

I had a UFC employee tell me he saw a mother wheel her handicapped child up to him to get a picture. Lebron was walking towards them. When he reached the kid, the mother stopped the wheelchair. Lebron took the wheelchair, wheeled it out of the way and kept walking.

Next time I see him he will shake that little boy’s hand, even if I have to break his arm off and take it to the boy.

Note that this is the second story about LeBron pushing a kid in a wheelchair out of his way. Great guy, that LeBron James."

That and much much more. These were just ones that came to mind

So if you want to claim he's changed, gotten older and wiser in his old age and become a better person, I can totally agree. I've seen none of the douchiness he had in his youth while on the Lakers, but don't fool yourself into thinking the hate was just about Kobe. LeBron was a complete d*** when he was younger. I've seen and read too many stories like these to believe otherwise.

But he's a lot better now

6. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Barns is going lite. He didn't even mention "The Chosen One", or "Check my Stats", or "Not one, not two, not three, not four..."

But, he's ours now, and he's been on his best behavior so far. I haven't seen him flop yet. I truly hope he never does in the Purple & Gold.

7. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

From all those flops in those clips, he essentially telegraphed what his intentions were going to be....of course he was going Hollywood...why didn't we see it sooner?

In terms of the other stuff... Most athletes have douchy qualities. Bron isn't the exception, but he isn't necessarily the staple either.

We got players fighting other teammates...we got players wanting coaches and teammates gone/traded...we got players dropping offensive and flagrant language within earshot of children in the crowd...we got teammates supposedly f***ing around with teammates wives/partners...we got players flopping around like Fish out of water and we celebrate it when the refs fall for it, cause he's our guy. I'm not going to vilify Bron-bron for any of that stuff, cause our Lakers players have done some flagrant stuff too.... especially off the court. Magic cut his career short and Riles came into power how? Kobe vs Shaq vs Phil in a social media environment like today...how bad of a s*** show would that have become?

He's a narcissist, did douchy things when he was younger and will continue to make mistakes cause to err is human. But with the ever watchful eye in today's media climate and with all the missteps that could potentially happen off the court, what unforgivable wrongs has dude really done? But to hate this guy while we gave other Lakers a pass for probably doing worse...come'n man, really?!?

I respect your opinion Chief and I appreciate you accepting his growth and giving a chance to win you over...but to this day, I don't understand how Laker fans can hate him so much when he did absolutely nothing to stand in our way in earning titles.

Nike wanted it bad...so maybe it inceptioned the fans to want it just as bad...but it never happened. So why do Laker fans hate dude...has to be cause of the GOAT angle. And obviously that's where Kobe (and his fans) come in.

shoe, Juronimo, FrickTheDubs and 2 others like this.
  8. Doc Brown

Doc Brown - Lakers Starter -

Doctorin'
  9. Barnstable

Nah. Don't make me regret coming around on him by changing his history. If you want to say he's better now, I can get with that, but acting like he wasn't so bad because some other players did bad things too is too far. We hated him because there was a long list of events and actions by LeBron where he acted like a narcissistic a**. It's wasn't just a handful of times either. This is just the truth of what we saw. If you want to say it was because he had more scrutiny on him because he's LeBron, I can't get with that either. He did what he did. No excuses

ZenMaster and TIME like this.
  10. vasashi17

Not making excuses....just pointing out there's no disparity amongst most athletes.

He wasn't the absolute worst character of a guy either. That's facts.

We have athletes that have struck women on film and have committed murder. So scrutinizing a narcissistic douche that has made a school is a bit too much imho.

He deserves criticism...but the amount he got from Laker fans was honestly weird.

shoe and Juronimo like this.
  11. Barnstable

I can't think of any other basketball player that had as many episodes of acting like an a** as LeBron. He had way too many incidents. Other players have incidents, but not website's worth of content of examples of him acting like a jerk.

Totally true. He never did anything that said he was irredeemable where maturing couldn't cure his flaws of character. He was a jerk, not an irredeemable garbage human. That's the only reason why I can root for him now.

Nah, I think it was well deserved. Admitting he's better now is all I can say

tada, TIME and Cookie like this.
  12. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

Yeah, I hated him (similarly to jerks like Harden and CP3) and I like him now.

But I can never love him like Kareem, Magic, Shaq or Kobe.

13. vasashi17

Im not here to change your opinion, Chief. But the content on his narcissism and douchebaggery is due to the climate we live in (social media with cameras and opinions everywhere) and the sources we get it from... did you really just refer to sirron's site? How credible can that be haha?

You absolutely can't love him like any of those Mt. Lakemore guys...

But I won't use never...cause if...IF dude wins 3 titles here and is either "the" man or the man next to "the" man in doing so, then he's encroaching Shaq territory.

14. Kobe Bryant 8

Kobe Bryant 8 - Lakers 6th Man -

Hating the C Bags
    I love how we're putting LeBron against Laker legends after 1/3 of a season.

Don't even comment on it. You could look foolish no matter what you say.

15. FrickTheDubs

FrickTheDubs - Rookie -

LeBron is exactly the same as he’s always been. You really don’t know what you’re talking about. Of course he’s had his bad moments just like every other MEGA Star but all things considered, he’s been a prettt stand up guy throughout his career.

He’s been under the microscope more than any player of in the history of the league so any negative gets magnified like crazy. Like the flops you posted. Yeah he’s flopped but over 16 years it’s been a very small part of his game. I wish he flopped more with the lack of respect he gets from the refs. They didn’t call it”LeBroning” because he did all the time, they called it that because he was the most hated player in the league at the time. And yeah that was also the peak for him flopping wise.

LeBron has always been loved by teammates and has given back to his community beyond what’s normal from stars. He’s been with his wife since high school and from what we know, he’s been faithful and a good husband and father. He’s really had no scandals at all and we would know if he did because any thing that has to do with him is a juicy story.

The fact that you take everything a guy like Chael says at face value pretty much supports my whole argument. The guy is more famous for stirring s*** up than he is as a fighter. I don’t buy that story but you’re free to.

Anyways, it’s a little ridiculous to focus so hard on minor mistakes LeBron has made when Kobe is so adored by Laker fans. I hate to bring him into it and I’m not gonna elaborate because I don’t wanna ruffle your feathers but Kobe has had some pretty major character issues to say the least.

Sorry but I don’t buy the idea that he’s a d***. Does he have a big ego? Of course, like every other superstar. My whole point in my post was that once you decide you hate someone, you only see what you want to see.

If Laker fans mainly hate LeBron for his personality and actions, why are they the biggest LeBron haters out of any other fan bases? Are you really going to tell me it’s coincidence?

It’s MAINLY because of Kobe. Yeah there’s a lot of fans of all other teams that don’t like LeBron for all kinds of reasons but the magnitude of hate from Lakers fans has a lot to do with Kobe-LeBron comparisons. And that’s totally natural.

Pretending like this isn’t the case is pretty ridiculous

shoe and Juronimo like this.
  16. Barnstable

Lol Ok :Laugh:

tada, FrickTheDubs and TIME like this.
  17. vasashi17

So Lakers basketball in June...Dust off those car flags fam!

Toklat, Battle Tested20, shoe and 2 others like this.
  18. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    So my similar dislike of Harden and CP3 must be because of Kobe too.

:KobewaitingTW:

[​IMG]

19. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

I'm just saying nothing will completely erase our past perception of the guy. It was going to be an uphill battle for him to make us fans.

There are more likable (less polarizing) superstars like Wade, Curry, or AD for example. Those guys as Lakers would get more love from the get-go.

Cookie, Barnstable and TIME like this.
  20. FrickTheDubs

FrickTheDubs - Rookie -

What does that have to do with anything? Were Harden and CP3 constantly compared to Kobe in discussions about the best player in the world and GOAT talks?

Most people hate both of those dudes anyways lol