LABron James Discussion: 21st Season - Setting New Standards

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 8, 2017.

1. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    My two favorite teams are:

1. Lakers
    2. Whoever is playing LLLLL or the C Bags
    So for me it's a tie lol. Hopefully whoever comes out of the East gets embarrassed to continue to correct narrative to "NOT the GOAT"

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  2. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Yall a bunch of MFers for making me look this s*** up to post here...but how the flying f*** has Bron done anything this bad to us...EVER!?!

Lost by f***ing 40 points in an elimination game. With that win they went to #17 and we're still chasing those douches.

Damn those puppets did a number on a bunch of you. Nike has really warped yall minds cause no matter how bad they wanted Kobe vs Bron, it never happened. Y'all get that, right?

There's no way the hate for Bron should be remotely close to the hate you should have for the C bags if you're a Lakers fan. I'm asking for anybody's Laker card that says otherwise.

3. sirronstuff

4. sirronstuff

Just thought I'd drop this here. Just because. But it's not a slap in the face not to be #1.

5. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

Wow. A 40 point triple double and still lose by 10+ Tonight was the epitome of the Lebron system. You all see/saw how limited it is/was.
    :KobewaitingTW:

I know. I’m ashamed. :Kobeheadshake::Koberubeyes:

6. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

I agree 10000%. And I hate it. To be fair, it was soooo easy to hate those bums!!! I mean Perkins, Fat boy Davis, Rivers, Wheelchair, Franklin, Eddie House, ET Cassell, etc.

Personally for me, it’s not as hard to hate these dudes. I think unlike Doc, Brad is actually a good coach. The team actually has likable players. Those young cats are ballers, Morris, Horford, etc. I want the organization to fail, but I don’t genuinely hate the players like I did that 08-10 team.

Once our rivalry commences when we start meeting up in the Finals again, I’m sure the hate will return, then again maybe it’ll become respected hate, sort of like we felt for the Spurs.

7. Toklat

Toklat - Lakers 6th Man -

8. SamsonMiodek

SamsonMiodek - Lakers 6th Man -

Family guy
    :Beertoast2::Beertoast2:

9. D-Fish Man

D-Fish Man - Lakers 6th Man -

I’m so glad someone posted this. My loathing for the C Bags is so strong I can’t even fathom rooting for them to make the finals. Who cares if LeBron goes to his 8th straight finals? He’s done nothing to harm the Lakers, ever. And guess what? He’s already made it to SEVEN FINALS IN A ROW (to go along with his FOUR MVPs). You really think it hurts LeBron’s legacy (and what, validates Kobe somehow?) if he doesn’t make the finals this year? Who cares? Anything is better than the C Bags winning. I know some of you here didn’t experience the rivalry in the 80s, but the gut-punch of 2008 wasn’t enough? I don’t even want the C Bags to lose. I want their team bus to crash on the way to the stadium so they all have career-ending injuries.

10. SFGOLDRUSHER

SFGOLDRUSHER - Lakers Starter -

Master Optimist.
    Because he helps for us to win and if we can get him for free then that's what I'm doing.

11. SFGOLDRUSHER

SFGOLDRUSHER - Lakers Starter -

Master Optimist.
    They might have one more title. .But we got the last knockout in. Until next time we shall see what happens.

D-Fish Man likes this.
  12. Big Mamma Jamma

Big Mamma Jamma - Rookie -

I hate the C Bags and there is no way I cheer for them. I’d rather have LeBron in the finals than the C Bags. At least I know the Cavs will lose.

I’m really worried about the C Bags if they make it. I think Stevens is right there with Pops in terms of coaching but I think he is a better tactician. He is a top coach and is showing what he can do with a young team that is hungry. Scary!

13. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

I'm going at this pragmatically. A Lebron loss in the Finals further solidifies the idea in his head that he needs to leave. it also reduces the wear and tear on his body, and gives him less games to get injured in. Boston gets to go to the Finals and likely get obliterated there. I feel like that would be more soul crushing than losing in the ECF again.

To me, rooting for Boston in this series is actually a win-win. Us getting a healthy Lebron is more likely, and Boston suffers a more heartbreaking end to their season.

14. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

This is so simple. Why is it only you and I get it?

:Fishwink:

15. vasashi17

I was mostly addressing folks that said Bron belongs in the same basket of hate as the Cbags do. Uh, no he doesn't... And it's not even close.

And for the record, I feel the cbags will beat the Cavs. Cause one team plays playoff defense and the other doesn't.

16. vasashi17

Imho, its respected hate cause the Spurs total franchise wins aren't as threatening to us as the Cbags are.

I totally understand your logic, but I've always been more of a franchise hater than a player hater. I still got respect for KG and woulda loved him in a Laker uni. I still think He Got Game is a dope a** movie even tho Shuttlesworth is in it. I still wanted Rondo this last summer and I'm happy Magic/Rob saw it the same way. Heck, after locking up our 2max guys, I wouldnt even mind going after Smart. I also genuinely feel bad for how they did IT.

But when it comes to their franchise success... There's no amount of hate I have more than for those guys. And the air will be a little fresher and the water will be a little sweeter the day we have more titles as a franchise compared to those dudes. Till then, you can't be a Laker fan and state the hate you have for said player is comparable to the hate you have for that dirtbag organization. You just can't....

17. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

james will still lose in the finas if he even makes it...how is it gona look for bos to make finals w/o irving/hayward, they're getting really good, you guys arent paying attention

18. sirronstuff

LLLLLebron is no longer relevant in today's NBA. Not even sure why we talk about him tbh.

19. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Yeah him and Hibbert.

20. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    I’m probably the oldest head here. My history with the C Bags runs deep and long. I remember all the way back to the last Finals loss to them in the 60s. I despised every breath Bird and McHale took in the 80s. And of course I loathed the Doc/KG/Wheelchair team.

There is a common thread to those three. That smug superiority of their arrogance. LeBron has that at a previously unseen level. The Kang. Not 1, not 2, not 3...., Witness, the Decision, Check My Stats, etc.

This edition of the C Bags is different. I like their coach. I like Kyrie. Of course I still want them to fail so that their fans will suffer, but I have no hatred for this current team. They play hard, they play right, and for the most part they keep their mouth shut. I’m fine with them squashing LeBron and then getting swept by the Warriors. The only reason I would enjoy a LeBron victory is so that after the Finals I could change his name from LLLLL to LLLLLL.

alam1108, tada, jbiggs and 9 others like this.