LABron James Discussion: 21st Season - Setting New Standards

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 8, 2017.

1. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    [​IMG]

Let’s just everybody calm down a bit

It’s just offseason speculation, and none of us know jack about what will really happen

therealdeal likes this.
  2. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Cuban may offer it? Does Cuban even run the Mavs anymore? Or do his sex addicts?

3. OX1947

If the Lakers have a great off season, Randle will not be a part of it. Lakers have waited long enough with zeros on their team. It's time for the hero's to arrive.

Arguing over a role player is comical.

D-Fish Man likes this.
  4. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Dang, I only posted that video because Hollins highlighted why we would be attractive to LeBron, not to start another Randle debate. I always find long time NBA players opinions interesting on what a player like LeBron might be thinking, and what players out there might be thinking if LeBron came to LA. I thought the “Randle is gone” comment was more about how if LeBron (and George) came here, we’d suddenly be a team ring chasing vets would flock to, so if we lost Randle we’d have plenty of other guys lining up to join the new “hot free agent destination” that the Lakers would be. I don’t know how that’s all works cap-wise, but I think his point was meant to be positive. abeer is right in that we can’t sit back and wait the Warriors out, the Rockets didn’t, and now they’re in the WCF against them already, and only a little behind them as a team overall. That’s something we could shoot for pretty quickly.

5. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

This I don’t really agree with. I know you don’t see greatness in Randle, but when given the starting role back, increased time this season he was pretty much a 20/10 guy that could switch and guard any position. He’s not really a role player, he’s more closely approaching the lower end of 2nd tier stars, or 3rd tier depending on how you rank them. Guys that we’ve looked at before like Greg Monroe, Drummond, Bledsoe, Horford, Millsap, Whiteside, Gobert. Not a superstar franchise player, not a 2nd tier type guy that’s come close or make all-star games, but just below that. Which is pretty impressive in 3 years of play, and believe me I counted him out and done a few games into last season, but I was wrong. If we could keep Randle, get PG and LeBron, that’s a hell of an offseason when your adding them to Zo, Kuz, Ingram, and Hart, plus possibly a cheap re-signed Lopez to spread the floor.

tada, Barnstable and sirronstuff like this.
  6. sirronstuff

Well even if you consider Randle a role player, sometimes NBA Finals MVP’s can be role players. (Iguadala)

Either way, role players are essential parts of any team. To have a dedicated, versatile, defensively minded/capable young guy like Randle available, it wouldn’t surprise me if management chooses to lock him in and considered him a key part of the puzzle.

If they don’t, I’ll trust they have a better solution in mind, but no way I’m as quick to dismiss him as you are.

But I think everyone agrees that a role player shouldn’t be paid like a Star. Hopefully the market has corrected itself, and we won’t find ourselves in a position to have to make that decision

D-Fish Man, tada, ZenMaster and 2 others like this.
  7. OX1947

Did you just call me a dummy? hahahahah

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  8. sirronstuff

ya'all are a bunch of potty mouths

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  9. jbiggs

jbiggs - Rookie -

Event Operations for the San Diego Padres
  10. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

Wow...never thought I'd saay this....but I think LeBron is actually coming here if he gets beat by the Kyrie-less and Hayward-less C Bags.

Or he's going to Philly...

11. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Everything you just said, I actually agree with. In fact, I've said it before hahaha.

I wouldn't pay Al Horford max type money, but that dude is far more deserving of it than Jules. Without Horford, the Cbags defense goes to s***. He's an allstar and he's spearheading this current Cbags run in the postseason right now. You can't say that definitively about Jules. Heck, even Smart is impressing me (+21 to lead his dirty team tonight) and that dude is projected to get the 8.6M MLE during the summer. So I'm with you in that Jules cannot and should not be given near max to max dollar.

However, you can't let an asset like Jules just walk away. I would be disappointed if Bron/PG wouldn't be open to a haircut off their max to accommodate Jules into our cap restrictions. But if they do take a modest cut off their max, then Jules is another great asset to either hold onto (via a team friendly deal) or trade away for another disgruntled star (via a matched near max deal). You got to hold onto that asset and not allow him to just walk away. We did it with Pau and we did it with Dwight and its still haunting us, cause we could have traded them to teams that clearly still hold value towards those type of frontline players.

D-Fish Man likes this.
  12. jbiggs

jbiggs - Rookie -

no way lebron would be open to that...he barely has any hair of his own left as it is!!

13. vasashi17

What you're watching is his Cleveland look. I'm talking about his LA look...and yes, he'll have plenty left after his "haircut".
    [​IMG]

14. jbiggs

jbiggs - Rookie -

you're right. he'll easily be able to find some hair plug connect when he gets to la...in fact im starting to think that may be his main motivation in coming here

15. vasashi17

Zo will assist him with some after he grows out his waves this summer.

Or just hit up the UCLA Health Training Center barber chair and ask for the Mr. Clean..damn bruh..

[​IMG]

sirronstuff likes this.
  16. OX1947

Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kumza and Lonzo Ball would have to make giant leaps to threaten the Warriors and a healthy C Bags team next year with PG and Lebron.

What would put the Lakers in prime position is if they traded for Kawhi Leonard using the draft picks and either BI or Kuz.

I chose BI in the trade because Kuzma is what the league is now. 6'10 verticital, long and can shoot.

I've heard some say we should wait til next year so we won't give up anything, however, I don't think we can do that without unloading Deng contract and not sign Randle.

17. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

18. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

Baron Davis with some love for the young core, an Lebron to LA

tada likes this.
  19. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

i know some want lebron, some hate lebron but dam how can a laker fan bring themselves to cheer for those green turds?

20. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

To me LLLLLebron and the C bags are in the same hate basket.
    In the big picture it really doesn't matter who comes out of the East because the Warriors would annihilate them anyway.
    The only reason I'd prefer the C bags this year is because the media hype would be annoying if LLLLLebron makes the Finals 8 times in a row.
    So I'm not cheering for them but it's about the lesser of two evils.

Lakeshow85 and jbiggs like this.