LABron James Discussion: 21st Season - Setting New Standards

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Meh, gives kids and some people someone to look up for speaking out against/taking a stand against IMO a pretty evil man. Sends the message it’s ok to speak up, you don’t have to sit back and take it just because this douche has a big title. Maybe he doesn’t want to be Magic and MJ, maybe he wants to be a little more like sports figures that came decades before them. He’s popular enough, he can say what he feels, I applaud it.

alam1108, KobeJeterKaep and abeer3 like this.
  2. GlickenGoshDebate Tactics

GlickenGoshDebate Tactics Guest

Why would you think he is honest? He clearly does it since the whole sports media became left dominated. He did not say anything like that when there was potential for more backlash.

3. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

Swing and another miss

Attached Files:

jbiggs and Weezy like this.
  4. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

So you're talking about the president here... right? I mean he does terrorize minorities, sews seeds (I think you meant to say tweets) of discontent through the media and does turn lifelong fans of democracy against each other....but I guess the dead give away here is that you need small a** mitts to be planting bombs within pipes, right?

Uhhh Muhammad Ali and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar were/are practicing Muslims and really didn't need a beard to be defined as one.

Seeing how obvious of a CB you are, based off your definition, I can say you're a Muslim, cause you most definitely have a "beard"...ain't that right Mrs. sirronstuff?

#ToBeHatin
    #MyTrollGameIsStrongerThanYoursTBH

abeer3 likes this.
  5. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

6. GlickenGoshDebate Tactics

Ypu make it sound like he was Nash speaking up against Bush.

That was nothing like that. If the wind does not favor him he is silent.

You taslkin g about Trump or a media dominated by the left?

7. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

I think he was taslkin g about Trump, but what do I know?

ZenMaster likes this.
  8. OmarE

OmarE - Lakers Starter -

This thread has become really weird.... Let's not bring up religions, and politics please. I come to this thread to enjoy a healthy and at times respectful debates on basketball and our Lakers. Some things said here are kinda offensive to me personally. For one I'm Muslim and practicing, and I really want to escape the world I live in by coming to this forum. Anyways sorry if I'm being a Debbie Downer lol

9. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

I'll add to that say that this thread outright s***s. It'd be nice to have a thread where we can talk about LBJ and basketball related info only as it applies to him but what we have here is a massive troll infestation allowed to carry on and on. Well done little trolls because I'm out of this thread as it is. I'm all for free speech but maybe there should be a specific "LBJ Haters" forum where you guys can go and talk about Lebron's evil schemes, looks and lack of charisma and on and on and on. This is the first time I've seen something get out of hand like this here and it's boring, tired and lame. Some of the anti-Lebron banter borders on psychotic and it's getting more than weird. Just my observation.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  10. GlickenGoshDebate Tactics

anti-Lebron banter borders on psychotic

Some examples?

11. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

I do suggest we reduce the amount of lighthearthed trolling here. I mean, we heard it all already. The twitter stuff should stay, as long as it’s Bron related. Can we agree on that?

Thanks.

12. KobeJeterKaep

KobeJeterKaep - Rookie -

Wow. This thread. Just wow. Starting to look like the comment section under a CNN or Fox News article. Falling right for the trap set by the "Divider in Chief."

"Speaks for the majority of Americans." Demonstrably false. Plurality power. Let's at least stick with facts.

How can a life-long Democrat (who supported Bill Clinton and Hillary (only when she ran against a black man); who called for the execution of innocent young black men and won't apologize for it; who has repeatedly said he won't let black people anywhere near his money or the C-Suite of his businesses) suddenly become the beloved leader of the "right" and totally destroy TRUE conservative values?

Simple. Attack the first black president for 8 years. And gas light a whitelash by making EVERYTHING binary. Forcing true conservatives and humanitarians to choose a "SIDE" - even if they are standing in line with Nazis and KKK leaders at the voting booth, supporting the same guy.

Stop falling for it. It is not about "sides." It is not about left or right. It is not "us" and "them." That is exactly how Hitler and Stalin wielded power - divide using BS "nationalism" and "forgotten man" rhetoric.

What are we seeing:
    1. Attacking every black athlete, elected official, or celebrity as "low intelligence." Is that coincidence or a racist dog whistle intended to plant seeds to white supremacists who now march in the streets wearing his hats? Calling black athletes "sons of b****es."

2. Watching David Duke wear a MAGA hat and not telling him you don't want his support. If he publicly used your name and said he wanted to help you fulfill your promises would you let it stand? Or tell him to go to hell?

3. Defending Nazis and Klansmen as "good people." Does anybody here actually think that is ok?

4. Turning his back on brown people everywhere (Puerto Rico, at the border, Detroit water, etc.). Coincidence, or good policies? Are these things a "sides" issues, or just things we do as Americans to help others and not lose ourselves?

Stop the "SIDES." Isolate the acts and policies. Think independently just as you would any "take" here about sports.

So HERE, when it comes to OUR newest and best player, look only at what the Con Man said - that it is hard to make Lebron sound or look smart, but a dumb black man on CNN did just that. Even taken out of context of all the above and a hundred other examples of dog whistles, even without noticing that every time he is on TV he is surrounded by 98% white men, we ALL should be able to see that what we said about Lebron was false and intending to send a racist message. We should all easily be able to defend our new player against this attack. No?

"Republicans buy sneakers too." "Shut up an dribble." Good for Lebron. Not for being "on the left." But for being an independent, humanitarian, civil leader in more ways than one.

Battle Tested20, 432J and Jaguar like this.
  13. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Is it training camp yet?

14. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    As always, I appreciate the self policing nature of this forum. I’ve deleted posts that may be considered non productive. I encourage others to consider the same.

I’m not able to delete @vasashi17 ’s account, but we do what we can right?

:Laugh:

And my www.ihatelebron domain expires in 5 days. What should I do?

:KobeConfused:

So. Torn.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  15. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Last warning. Take the politics to the politics section or this thread is locked and deleted. We're all for free expression, but we've separated these discussions in order to keep this section civil and focused on basketball. We have a politics section, a Trump thread, and anyone is free to start a thread there to continue this discussion.

TIME, Alcindor, Cookie and 8 others like this.
  16. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
  17. Jaguar

Jaguar - Lakers 6th Man -

These are the dog days of summer where I need that sports boost that the Dodgers, Galaxy and Rams aren’t giving. This is why LeBron coming here is so important because we have something to look forward to. This is a Lakers town no doubt about it.

OmarE likes this.
  18. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Deng is playing in Africa and looks like a well rested gem. He’s rejuvenated and feels like he’ll be a contributor on a championship contending squad. So there’s that!

19. Jaguar

Jaguar - Lakers 6th Man -

I saw highlights and dude is huge. He is going to tear something.

20. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

...did we just trade Deng to Golden State? Dats nooz!

Oh and what @therealdeal said. There's proper threads where these issues can be discussed. Let's not have Trump divide us here too.