LABron James Discussion: 21st Season - Setting New Standards

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 8, 2017.

1. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Hello?
    i don’t even understand the reason for her comments. Because they talked about the sad state of the presidency?

Seems petty, and if anything, she loses massive amounts of credibility for her pot shots.

I don’t think he left high school a year early either. Pretty sure he finished his senior year of high school, but you don’t need a PhD to call out foolish behavior or racism. To suggest that is a little wth?

And basketball doesn’t pay him 100 million a year. Obviously endorsements or investments account for whatever is over his salary in the 30-35 million range.

Overall her comments make her look far worse than LLLLL’s comments could reflect on him. Not a good look, and just more bulletin board material for those searching for racism even if it’s disguised as foolishness and ignorance.

Generally I’m all about celebrities and athletes keeping their uneducated opinions to themselves and about their crazy ideas to make the world a better place. Usually it seems most are so far off base that you just shake your head because they make themselves look like fools and are broadcasting it for All to see.

In this case, our President does this embarrassing crap to himself and the country weekly. If I had been in the country and voted, I’d have voted for Trump given our other option was Hillary. I may still do the same given the choice today knowing I’d be facepalming every other day if I looked at Twitter because I believe Hillary belongs in jail and is an all Time great in the world of corrupt politicians.

And all this support for LLLLL is coming from a self confessed LLLLL non supporter.

I saw nothing in that interview worthy of an editorial segment dedicated to a “shut up and dribble” take.

2. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Well Bron responded....

But moving on so we don't give that Fox troll the attention she's thirsting for, here's something more ingenious.

3. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

Don't make come up there and slap you ....

sirronstuff and jbiggs like this.
  4. jbiggs

jbiggs - Rookie -

Event Operations for the San Diego Padres
    @sirronstuff Trump? this is the first thing I think ive disagreed with you on

sirronstuff likes this.
  5. sirronstuff

The other option is Hillary, so obviously I have strong feelings about her running the country.

It doesn’t make Trump any more palatable, just a less evil choice. For those to be the final two choices is nothing short of embarrassing regarding the state of politics in the US

If you vote independent, you are pretty much just throwing your vote away at this point, but nothing I’ve said should be misconstrued as pro-Trump

TIME and jbiggs like this.
  6. jbiggs

jbiggs - Rookie -

phew you had me worried there for a sec. I guess I just don't view Hillary as negatively as you do. she wasn't ideal by any means, but I at least could stomach her over trump.

anyway tho lets get back to our anti LeBron rhetoric!

sirronstuff likes this.
  7. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Awesome that I just witnessed a discussion about politics that didn't resort to name calling or finger pointing. I've never been so proud of this site. I voted independent because I don't believe it's a wasted a vote. The margins matter as we see every day in the loud, obnoxious, nauseating extremes of both major political parties. The vast majority of the US population is moderate and if we all voted that way, we send a message to the world about what we actually think about the political parties in power right now.

But back to LeBron: regardless of his own personal politics, he has a right to say whatever he wants. Someone taking shots at that is silly, but that someone got plenty of attention for it which was the goal I'm sure.

jbiggs and sirronstuff like this.
  8. sirronstuff

Exactly. Thinly disguised “ratings are down, what should we do?” type of senseless inflammatory rhetoric. I don’t know her or her work really, but my first thoughts are..,

“c’mon really? You’re better than that.”

But I don’t know if she is or not. I’m not a LLLLL fan, but that senseless attack was lame and Ill conceived.

9. Big Mamma Jamma

Big Mamma Jamma - Rookie -

I totally agree that Trump is the lesser of two evils. However, there is an exception... the good stuff Trump is doing is not seeing the light of day because of the mainstream media. His crack down on the huge pedophile ring in the U.S. has been great! That is one of the things he promised to do. Some of the folks in the swamp are nervous and have been trying to take him down because he is shedding light on the seedy underbelly of Washington, Hollywood, etc. Just look at Jeffrey Epstein (a convicted sex offender) and his buddy Bill Clinton and their pedophilia. There are travel manifests that state Clinton went with Epstein to his "Orgy Island" about 20 times. Orgy Island is not part of the United States and they have children there to serve the deviancy of powerful people in this world. Totally disgusting.

The other thing is the corruption with Uranium One (Clinton and Obama), the dossier, the mysterious death of Seth Rich, the Clinton Foundation (pay for play) I could go on and on...

Is Trump flawed, absolutely. He is a loose cannon. But, he is better than the poo-poo platter in Washington.

I wish people could've understood and gotten behind Ron Paul.

sirronstuff likes this.
  10. therealdeal

I probably should have said this earlier, but let's try to move this discussion to the Open Court.

Let's stop here while we're ahead.

:Beertoast2:

11. sirronstuff

Excuse me sir.

Did you just ask us to “shut up and dribble?”

:Fishwink:

therealdeal and TIME like this.
  12. Jaguar

Jaguar - Lakers 6th Man -

Yes please because when people start justifying someone with absolutely no respectable character like Donald Trump for the ultimate leadership position, the future looks grim. Here’s to hoping Stormy Daniels releases a new film. At least one person says she has Oscar level talent, many would say the best actress ever, even better than Meryl Streep.

jbiggs likes this.
  13. jbiggs

jbiggs - Rookie -

LOL yes...good call indeed. haha

14. sirronstuff

I was looking up some LLLLL stats through the “hater glasses” looking to prove he is declining and we don’t want him, too risky, etc.

The ONLY stats I see with a strong drop are turnovers (More than any time in his career) However, I also see he has a larger % of team assists than ever before which tells me he’s probably handling the ball more than ever. (If this was Kobe, I would easily justify that)

His overall */-, a stat LLLLL lovers have hung their hat on his entire career as proof he’s the best has taken a massive hit. Defensively, his numbers are worse than any time except his rookie year when he was on a sucky team at the age of 18/19.

But since PER, shooting percentages, pts, rebounds, and assists are all near career levels, the only noticeable area of drop is defense which impacts the +/-.

Lots of good clips of him playing terrible D and blaming others in recent years, but since the huge drop came this year, I’m wondering how much the roster and additional ball handling duties have affected those numbers.

I’m very curious to see if any of those numbers noticeably improve for the remainder of the season. Just to be fair and unbiased..... :hurl:

Any player with that much mileage has to have some slippage, but it may be overstated if in fact his revamped roster lightens his load a bit.

If it does improve, my primary concerns with him becoming a Laker would be primarily due to him the person, and not the player. I was hoping for evidence of both, but I find limited data to suggest a big drop off is coming immediately.

I still wouldn’t want to do max years and dollars, but I admit what we are seeing from this athlete is unprecedented

Big Mamma Jamma likes this.
  15. therealdeal

His declining defense reminds me a lot of Kobe's around the 2010-2012 area. That's partly why i think he'd really benefit from a young, defensive team and I think the Lakers know that too. I certainly haven't defended his defense, but his "decline" has certainly been overstated.

16. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Hehehe. "And so it begins." Et tu sirron?

:Shaqfunnyface:

Careful. That's a .....

[​IMG]

.... you're on.

:Fishwink:

sirronstuff likes this.
  17. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

Move the ball, cut and run back on D... :)

sirronstuff and LTLakerFan like this.
  18. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

LeBron was a lot nicer than I’d have been here. He’s a big public figure, he’s spoken out about societial and political issues before, and he has every right to do so, this woman is a Fox News moron. I don’t like basketball player LeBron for various reasons, some admittedly petty, but as I have said before I don’t have an issue with LeBron the man.

Barnstable likes this.
  19. Toklat

Toklat - Lakers 6th Man -

I'm staying out of the politics of it all here. Im still trying to get myself ok with James being a Laker..lol Very likely to happen. Lebron's level of play seems largely dependent on whether he thinks his team can win. If he chooses the Lakers obviously he would think we could win and we would get the good version. At least in the beginning.

20. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator - Rookie -

I’m just trying to think about the lineup rotations if both LeBron and Paul George come this summer. It looks to me if we keep Ingram there would be a huge logjam at SF which is the natural position for all 3 players. What would we do? Start Ingram at SG, PG13 at SF and LeBron at PF?

For that to work I really think ingram’s 3 point shot needs to be much more consistent. With LeBron and George, it means less iso plays for Ingram to do his drives to the basket or pull-up mid range game and more off screen catch and shoots