LABron James Discussion: 21st Season - Setting New Standards

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 8, 2017.

1. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

[​IMG]

Cautiously looks around the room...

[​IMG]

shoe, Juronimo, Lakeshow85 and 3 others like this.
  2. Big Mamma Jamma

Big Mamma Jamma - Rookie -

Sorry... I went a little overboard there!

Juronimo, Lakeshow85 and sirronstuff like this.
  3. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Not at all.

Just take how you feel, multiply by 1,234,657,987,231 and that's how much I hate that whiny b**** LLLLLebron.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Toklat, tada, Big Mamma Jamma and 3 others like this.
  4. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Windhorst’s take, 4:30 mark

Says he can’t see LeBron going West, him and PG added to our current roster win 47 games and 2nd round exit. Says LeBron needs to stay East to chase titles, and Philly isn’t a good fit, Simmons can’t shoot, and that he’d turn Embiid into Bosh/Love standing in the corner waiting for open shots. A little surprised at the Bosh/Love knock, the mouthpiece doesn’t usually knock LeBron at all, and he kinda gave credence to the idea that LeBron turns certain players into lesser versions of themselves.

5. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

He won't be chasing titles in the East UNLESS he goes to Philly. So that's a pretty weak take from Windbag. Cavs are going nowhere after this year.

Big Mamma Jamma and therealdeal like this.
  6. vasashi17

Funny choice of words, considering you just sent Massachusetts underwater....haha

Other than that bit, everything else you said.....

[​IMG]

Feelin' you bro!...or is it ma'am? :rofl:

7. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Windhorst has been saying he expects LeBron to stay in Cleveland for a couple months. I've been hearing that from Ramona too when she's been asked lately.

I think what is happening: LeBron has put out that he's not sure the Lakers/Sixers have enough to win right now so he's nudging them to make other moves. I think the leaks about the Lakers feeling confident moving forward this summer or next to go get Kawhi potentially are them nudging back at LeBron saying they're not going to blow s*** up for him all the way. Maybe a tweak here or there, but they're confident they can keep moving forward without him if he blinks at their roster.

Just me making wild assumptions based on subtext, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's what's happening right now. The thing is, LeBron is out of better options than LA or Philly and personally I pick LA. Better city, better weather, more history of winning, the roster is more balanced for George/LeBron to fit in. If LeBron chooses to stay in Cleveland, he's wasting even more than if he jumps to a younger team.

Kenzo, gcclaker, lakerjones and 5 others like this.
  8. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Second round exit isn't totally unrealistic considering we'd be playing either GS or Houston, but 47 wins? Portland had 49 wins this season and Lebron/PG >> Lillard/McCollum, not to mention the rest of their roster being far inferior to what would be around PG and Lebron. Lebron dragged crummy Cavs roster to 50 wins.

Kenzo, lakerjones and therealdeal like this.
  9. Savory Griddles

Starting to wonder if it's now PG 2018, Kawhi 2019.

John3:16 likes this.
  10. therealdeal

Ultimately I think LeBron ends up in LA by default with no better options. Then we end up trading for Kawhi even if we have to overpay to get him (Ingram/Kuzma/Deng/picks comes to mind). Then you roll with:

Ball/George/Kawhi/LeBron/Randle or something like that with Hart still around, probably the #25 pick, whatever. I know a lot of folks would be unhappy and it would definitely be a bittersweet day if those two got moved, but it's something I could definitely see happening. Kawhi/George/LeBron is enough of a threesome to compete with anybody provided Kawhi is healthy. The cool thing is, Kawhi and George are still in their primes. We'd also still have Ball/Hart/Randle for the long-term. Something to chew on.

11. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

lebron's trying to lose in the ECF so his finals records doesn't go to an impressive 3-6

alam1108, tada, gcclaker and 2 others like this.
  12. Savory Griddles

That would make me pretty bitter cause we'd be selling everything for a 2-3 year window. And that team, while loaded, seems funky to me. Defensively, they'd be ridiculous. Like absolutely ridiculous. But offensively, PG, Lebron, and Kawhi are all too similar. I think you can get away with two of them, but all 3...I admit I could be totally wrong, but something about that team offensively seems off.

13. EddieEddie

EddieEddie - Rookie -

The idea of a Ball + PG + Kawhi + Lebron + Randle lineup (I'm not a fan of Randle at C but if you're re-signing him, you aren't benching him) sounds mesmerizing but I'm with you in that offensively, seems like a case of too much going on there.

14. therealdeal

Well I think you end up with Paul George being mostly like Klay Thompson in Golden State. He'll be hot and cold, but there'll be nights when he's on fire and carries the team by himself. George just spent a year interning at Westbrook Unlimited (shots) to see what it's like playing off the ball so I think he'd be fine. Kawhi comes from the school of Pop so he knows how to spread the ball. Both Kawhi and George are great shooters. LeBron has turned himself into a good shooter. I think the real problem offensively in that lineup is Randle becomes super nerfed. He'd be relegated to simply a rebounder because the others need the ball more than he does. Also, the primary offense would be in transition/semi-transition. You rebound, kick it to Lonzo who looks up court for a streaking player, if not you give to the Bull in Julius. He brings it up, if it's there he gets a layup, if not he kicks it back to a trailing Kawhi or George or LeBron for a wide open three.

That defense though... oh my. That'd be something else to witness. No legit rim protector, but everything is switchable and they could swarm around the passing lanes like nobody's business.

15. vasashi17

16. Weezy

^^^ The blame game has indeed already started, right on cue. Saw both of those things reported on tv today, not LeBron’s fault Kyrie is gone, “he didn’t want it” (uh-huh..) :wasntme: Then that LeBron wanted the Cavs to pull the trigger on a Deandre deal and they didn’t. The groundwork for scorching the Cleveland earth as LeBron leaves has been laid. I honestly hope the fans don’t go out and burn his jersey this time though, he brought them more success than they ever had or likely will ever have again, 4 Finals trips and 1 title so far.

17. therealdeal

Im going to buy a custom Lebron jersey with "The Decision Part 2" on it if he signs here.

18. Weezy

:Laugh:

19. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

Everytime I see Windhorst...I think Jonah Hill.

Lakeshow85, shoe, Kenzo and 3 others like this.
  20. therealdeal

Windhorst wishes he was in as good a shape as Jonah Hill.