Kyle Kuzma Discussion: Wizard

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 22, 2017.

1. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Moobs here I come

KareemtheGreat33 likes this.
  2. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
    That made me LOL. Thank you. :)

3. sirronstuff

This place is good free few chuckles a day. It’s sort of addicting.

Cookie likes this.
  4. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Last lottery rep for us was Magic and now he gone...does the trend continue?

[​IMG]

OR the Lakers value Kuz as the next young face of the franchise... Which means what exactly for Zo & BI?

Either way, here's to hoping the potential SoD steals one of those top 4 picks next week.

5. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Reports/rumors are Ingram’s trade value is zero right now because of the blood clot. So I don’t think he’s going anywhere because that would be an incredible waste. I could easily seeing Lonzo being sold low same as Russ though.

Khmrp likes this.
  6. vasashi17

The blood clot has nothing to do with hereditary factors impacting his blood chemistry. The blood clot arose from a physical obstruction (extra rib) that has since been surgically corrected.

No life long prescription based maintenance required and a minimal chance of recurrence.

If we're using his injury as a slick way of keeping him out of trade talks then that's cool with me. But to act like his real value is shot due to an injury he can come back from and never have to deal with again is a bit of a stretch. There are no long-term ramifications to his injury, but then again I expect nothing more out of the media driven narrative these days.

And sold low on DLo...I disagree. If we waited and he had an injury plagued season like his first year in BK, then getting off salary like Moz gets that much more difficult. Who's to say that BK even agrees to a trade for DLo a year later? We got off clean from 3 years @ nearly 50m of Moz's deal for DLo...and that space was used for Bron. Fans still have a problem with this...really?!?

7. Weezy

I didn’t say I think Ingram has no value, I said it was reported teams are looking at him as having no value until he comes back and plays again. And the Russ thing was an offhand comment, jeez, all I meant was I could see us easily trading away Zo before he reaches his potential because of stuff like injury concerns, because his annoying father is still around, and because we think he doesn’t “fit” with someone we might sign, like another guard.

LaVarBallsDad and Kenzo like this.
  8. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Not me. We got Kuz with the pick back and Lopez who we should have kept for dirt cheap .... back in place of Mozgov plus cap space. The screw up was not keeping Lopez.

CarolinaLakerFan likes this.
  9. vasashi17

Jeez, why everybody buying into every narrative so willingly tho?

McMenamin is a good dude, but so far Bron called his report trash...Nance called Oram's report trash...now BI's value is low, but that's probably due to how he returns from injury and not how the injury will deter his playing career.

Zo is showing he's more about being his own man now...

Plus we know the Pels liked Zo and also tge Suns need a PG in case they don't got in the #2 pick and we know his camp likes Phx as well.

Btw, LT this isn't pertaining to you or any one member in particular. I'm just trying to understand why fans run heavy with these clearly propagrandeursized narratives.

10. Weezy

Its not a narrative, Zo's camp tried to get him to have unauthorized surgery that would have voided his contract. They told the media he didn’t want to go to NO and would prefer somewhere like Phoenix (his father being “they” as usual), and he still has not separated himself from BBB officially as they continue to hold events and such for ridiculous amounts of money. I would not trade Zo for any of these reasons, but I could easily see the Lakers do it if we signed a Kyrie, or a Kemba, or to trade for a Beal, reasoning that 2 of those guys need the ball so Zo won’t be effective, same as there was reasoning thrown out when Russ was traded that we didn’t need 2 PGs, we needed one that was a leader. Hopefully that was all Magic’s line of thinking though, and hopefully Pelinka is a smarter basketball mind in the FO.

And as far as LeBron doing that stupid Instagram video to refute the McMenamin report, his comments on his own show about how he felt about Magic bailing contradict that. He was clearly ,not happy with the org and hopefully us bringing in Lue helps with that. Of course he made that Instagram video though, it serves his best interest to say everything is fine here leading up to free agency. Sometimes “narratives” can be true at the same time as a player is trying to discredit them. I don’t get why you think the media has it out for us in all reporting they do though, some do, and some are just doing their jobs like McMenamin and reporting the facts as they see them every day behind the scenes. Wayyy too many credible Laker reporters have said the same type of stuff repeatedly for it to be a false narrative. Pretty tired of being told I’m gullible for believing repeatedly reported news as well, and that I need to act a certain way as a Lakers fan with some sort of blind faith or I’m not allowed to celebrate the same or something if and when we do return to being good, that’s ridiculous.

11. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

12. vasashi17

And I'm not allowed to comment on the over the top pessimistic views either?

There's a huge difference between blind allegiance and allowing a grace period. I'm giving this FO a chance. Others never have and that's the point.

To me, that's ridiculous.

I've gone at the head of Mitch/Jimmy...after yearS of futility. Year 1 of Magic/Rob was to clean the books...Year 2, they brought in Bron and didn't waste that extra cap on another MozDeng retread.

I'm pretty tired of all the negativity and piling on. I expect it from non-Laker fans...but it's wild imo when it's coming from our own camp.

That being said, y'all can do that. But expect push back from a contingent that's willing to give our current FO a fair chance.

13. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Of course you can. I'm merely having trouble finding over-the-top pessimistic posts. Most of them seem pretty accurate to me.

14. vasashi17

I didn't know how to respond to this earlier...but then Kuz showed me the way.

sirronstuff likes this.
  15. sirronstuff

that's the problem tho....

You aren't good. Not even a .500 team. Please save the BS injury excuses too.

ZenMaster likes this.
  16. vasashi17

This year was excruciatingly bad, but the injury thing is legit. 23 games where we had a 12 deep roster and 13 games (I think) where Zo, BI, Hart, Kuz and Bron were all healthy at the same time.

Jaguar, Toklat and LTLakerFan like this.
  17. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

He knows the protest isn't about him right?

Cookie likes this.
  18. Weezy

Apparently not. I’d guess he thought it was about how the team only won 37 games this season, rather than about the incredible incompetence of ownership and management.

Cookie likes this.
  19. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

I guess he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

sirronstuff likes this.
  20. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Well he turned vegan despite having the weakest lower body strength among NBA PFs, so yeah not so smart:Rondonod: