Kevin Durant Thread: Is A New Snake Destined For LA?

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Sep 17, 2018.

1. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

Yeah I'm positive that KD is coming here...and it's kind of the perfect situation....if we barely make the playoffs (or we somehow MISS it)...KD comes..Lakers become contenders...and probably win it all...KD would be the Lakers "savior"...not LeBron...and that is a story that KD can live with.

sirronstuff and lakerjones like this.
  2. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Drake: "Hey Bron, KD used one of his burners saying he coming..."

[​IMG]

Bron: "So Drake, just in case dude flakes last minute, you still working on that Kawhi thing too right?"

3. vasashi17

Knicks... Thought you could get Bron with the Fiz hire, but y'all shoulda went with MarkJax like KD's mans wanted.

When KD denies NY next summer, it would be so fitting for the headlines to read: "Momma, there goes that man"

Juronimo and JohnnyComeLately2k6 like this.
  4. Jazzygirl205

Jazzygirl205 - Rookie -

What if he came there to dismantle the Warriors dynasty and he's leaving this year to come to us so a new dynasty can happen here in L.A.?

I know wishful thinking.

sirronstuff likes this.
  5. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Only 19% chance apparently according to the "experts" over at BSPN

And seriously, how are the Clippers even on this list. Does anyone really think he goes to the Clippers over at ESPN? Thaz ludicruth

[​IMG]

DURANTLANDS.png

6. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

7. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Hmm...

Warriors forward Kevin Durant, who has been more ambiguous about his potential free-agent plans for next summer, said he understands why certain stars might balk at joining forces with LeBron.

"It depends on what kind of player you are," Durant said. "If you're Kyle Korver, then it makes sense. Because Kyle Korver in Atlanta was the bulk of the offense, and he's not a No. 1 option at all, not even close. So his talents benefit more from a guy who can pass and penetrate and get him open.

"If you're a younger player like a Kawhi, trying to pair him with LeBron James doesn't really make sense. Kawhi enjoys having the ball in his hands, controlling the offense, dictating the tempo with his post-ups; it's how he plays the game. A lot of young players are developing that skill. They don't need another guy."
    "Kevin Love, he had to totally change his game to fit, to be a shooter," Durant said. "Which, I think, he deserves way more credit for switching his game. Bosh, same way. LeBron is a player that needs to play with guys that already know how they play the game—and shooters. Like, young players that are still developing, it's always going to be hard because he demands the ball so much, he demands control of the offense and he creates for everybody."

Durant also noted that the suffocating media attention around James doesn't help, either.

"So much hype comes from being around LeBron from other people," Durant said. "He has so many fanboys in the media. Even the beat writers just fawn over him. I'm like, we're playing basketball here, and it's not even about basketball at certain points. So I get why anyone wouldn't want to be in that environment because it's toxic. Especially when the attention is b******* attention, fluff. It's not LeBron's fault at all; it's just the fact you have so many groupies in the media that love to hang on every word. Just get out of the way and let us play basketball."

8. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    Haha

Real Talk though, KD... so sensitive. How about you just chill

9. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

Ugh, people really need to read the context of his quote. KD isn't talking about the on-court environment surrounding Lebron being "toxic", but the way the media and overzealous fans portray and pressure the culture around him off the court. The media hears "toxic" and start to run with as if he's the worst player to play with.

Unless KD is subtly scaring away an introverted Kawhi from signing here with Bron so that he can get the full max himself...

Also, Klay coming out about the whole Cavs trolling, even when Draymond was trolling last year. A little suspicious for that to come out now of all times, KD planting seeds to scare everyone away.

10. vasashi17

Yeah what lakerfan2 said... But still let's have fun with this one.

Toxic environment? Kinda like the entire franchise, coaches and teammates worrying what is being said about them on the low low via social media from one of their own?

Yeah, I guess you can't call that toxic...that environment would be more volatile...flammable even!

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  11. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

That’s why I posted the entire Durant quote. He even says at the end “it’s not LeBron’s fault at all. What I do find funny is how ESPN is running with this. For years and years LeBron could do no wrong, now Lakers haters like Woj are on SportsCenter right now saying things WE have been saying for years, but that ESPN wouldn’t dare, “when you’re with LeBron James and you’re winning, he’s going to get the credit. When you don’t win, you’re going to get the blame”. He then says elite players want a major voice in the org, which is why kyrie wanted away from him and Little P chose not to play with him, and it’s a hurdle our front office knows it will have to “overcome” in free agency this offseason.

alam1108, Cookie, lakerfan2 and 5 others like this.
  12. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    I read his quote just fine and knew he was talking about the media and not Lebron. KD's just one of the few superstars in the league that has really felt insecure what the media is saying or what they think about a certain topic.

13. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

you lucky you here, on realgm the interpretation of that article equal "KD doesn't want to play with Lebron" lol

14. lakerfan2

Which is why I come here lol. Reddit and realgm are cesspools of rapid react and posters who do little research.

15. sirronstuff

I think he likes the selfless style of play that Golden State plays. It's not iso heavy (Russ) and he's skilled enough that he makes his numbers with less effort, and can still take over as needed. It's an ideal fit if he wants to stay.

If he comes here, and IF Lebron doesn't adjust his game, I'm not sure Durant would enjoy playing with him. It would be difficult for both to keep putting up the MVP type of numbers they still desire to produce. I don't see either one of them ready to set aside their game much. Lebron is barely doing it here if at all.

It would not surprise me if we don't get him. But it would be cool.

16. lakerfan2

I mean that’s what we thought with Kobe before we got him Pau. A lot changes when you have a trusted star next to you, especially a player who likes to distribute like Bron.

It would be in Brons best intrest and longevity for Durant to take most of the lifting anyway.

17. sirronstuff

but not for becoming the all time leading scorer, etc.

If he was willing to, I could see it being amazing, but it's not like he backed off much in Miami. The other guys had to adjust their games.

18. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

There have been so many articles about the chemistry being good on this team and we've seen it, between the bigs and between the ball distributors and leaders the communication level is so high. Anyone who takes Durant's comment as any thing other than the media is not following this group. Let's face it KD doesn't like the media all that much.

But I think he means the toxic environment media could make on another star coming in. LBJ can handle it the media is pretty much on his side and I believe he wants it as it is. Another star? maybe a little tougher to deal. Imagine if Love had come to a LeBron team in LA instead of Cleveland. You thought the press he got in CLE was bad for dropped performance in scoring in boards in points? Guys like Kawhi and KD maybe it doesn't seem that attractive for their personality types but I also think KD is old enough to handle it now and Kawhi too ftm.

19. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

Actually reading the article ESPN out out just now, apparently he did say young players could have a problem with playing with LBJ and adjusting to his game. KD ought to point that same critique at himself actually because we can see how much Draymond Green likes adjusting his game to KD and how willing KD was to squeeze in Westbrook's game.

20. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

When you read the whole thing, it actually makes sense. And it's not Bron's fault, it's just how things are perceived by the media. See, it's amazing how well Pau fit that whole narrative with Kobe. He was a perfect all-star to join the team and win the championship, but follow the leadership of the "main guy" - Kobe, without ever complaining. Do we need to find another Pau?