Kawhi Leonard Discussion: “I’m A Snake Clipper Guy.”

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by Helljumper, Jun 15, 2018.

1. GlickenGoshDebate Tactics

GlickenGoshDebate Tactics Guest

You really want Bron's shadow projection instead of a healthy Kawhi's?

Why?

Is he a diva? You really did not mention Bron's diva level compared to the theoratical Kawhi diva?

Healthy Kawhi announced as a Laker.

Zen:

[​IMG]

2. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Yeah no s*** Zen if he comes. Told you to take a number with your Kawhi fandom here. If he would wind up a Clipper instead then f*** him. What's your point. You a Clipper fan over the Lakers too?

3. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

LOL.... the point is -- if he doesn't want to come as a FA to be in James' shadow, then trading for him is even stupider. He will then simply leave in the summer. Again, because he still wouldn't want to be in James' shadow.

Also, piss off :Brows:

sirronstuff likes this.
  4. LTLakerFan

LOLOL. Zen, I meant real "zen" like Glick was mocking you about. The post was to him, not you.

But you can piss off too .....

:Kobe Snickering:

Kenzo, ZenMaster and sirronstuff like this.
  5. GlickenGoshDebate Tactics

On the one hand i hate the idea of Kawhi on the Lakers but... Does LeBron have a no trade clause?

If not sign a healthy Kawhi and trading Lebron James for beign a douchebag after a bad season would be awesome.On top of that reveal to everyone what a docuhebag he is. It's about time to stop worshipping the ground he walks on. Enough with the free pass from the media. Lakers brand>>>>>>Brand Bron. Ethos guy chasing McDouchey out of LA would be amazing.

if Kawhi keeps the SA personality just does more commercials and endorsements would be ideal.

6. LTLakerFan

"On the one hand I hate the idea of Kawhi on the Lakers but ...."

Bite all of us.

:Fishwink:

(thanks Derek) .... and as always .... for ".04"

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    Cookie, Kenzo, jbiggs and 1 other person like this.
  7. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    If you don’t get a guarantee on the extension, then you definitely don’t trade amazing young talent for him. That’s not a risk you take IMHO.

Worked for OKC, but after YEARS of mediocrity, we have several great choices next offseason. There will be no excuse if the next major move gets flubbed up. Trading away great assets and losing the big FA is how people lose their jobs.

Cookie, ZenMaster and LTLakerFan like this.
  8. GlickenGoshDebate Tactics

I don't get this inside baseball wizardry.

9. Bryant

Bryant - Lakers 6th Man -

Doesn't want to be in Lebron's shadow but wants to join a team who's always been in the Lakers' (and other LA sports teams) shadow. Makes sense.

:Laugh:

It's all speculation at this point, we shouldn't get ourselves sucked into this like the PG drama. We'll see what happens next year.

sirronstuff, ZenMaster and LTLakerFan like this.
  10. LTLakerFan

Are you serious about the reference? You talk in riddles often so I'm going to take you at your word that you don't know what it's about.

:Kobedisbelief:

:Shaqfunnyface:

Since I know you're a passionate San Antonio fan .... now I'm going assume it hasn't been for that long of a time. But Shirley you've heard or seen it mentioned? Not a Spurs history buff?

OK I'm a giver. Let's bury the hatchet. For your knowledge going forward ..... watch what happens after Timmy wins this crucial playoff game with his genuinely heroic and difficult last second shot. Max your screen and play loud for the thrills of the moment.

11. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Ok, this guy is either sirron or bonkscooter...
    :rofl:

12. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

we'll be ok without kawhi.

the spurs won't, though.

Kenzo, alam1108, DoMinJoon and 5 others like this.
  13. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    They did ok without him last year, but in reality we’ll never really know. Ginobili and Parker are gone, but it wouldn’t surprise me if Pop had them winning 50 games this year

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  14. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

So basically, a weak version of what were are doing, except we are already @ step #2 now *sign 2nd FA" after signing the best player in the world. But unlike your plan we don't give up all the talent we have been developing that that the clips do not have. And all the while the clock is ticking on Kawhi's timetable for prime years like he has time for the Clips to build around him after depleting what talent they do have.

How is this better than what we have to offer? Face of franchise? Those Sterling Clippers? The Lakers are not to be compared to the Clips in terms of franchise prestige. And Kawhi is pretty much guaranteed to inherit the team from Lebron in a few years all the while being a star in LA and maybe even knocking off GSW.

Worried yet? I don't want anyone here so stupid and/or self-important that they would take the Clips deal over ours. So, no. Contracts aside, also he is not guaranteed a super max he has to earn it. edit* Clips can not give him a super max as he was not traded on his rookie deal. They can still give a better contract but that is largely because of the extra year which he is most likely going to get anyways from whomever he is with.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    therealdeal and LTLakerFan like this.
  15. GlickenGoshDebate Tactics

If i did not watch it live i don't care. Yeah, now it rings some bells as mentioned.

16. LTLakerFan

It was amazing don't you think? Especially this clip with Celine Dion added for effect ....

:Magic Brows:

Cookie likes this.
  17. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

1. i'm just trollin' the troll.
    2. they're done as a contender, imo, and in more than one way, i think leonard leaving was the final nail in that coffin. i expect they'll make the playoffs and probably exceed expectations in the regular season, but this is the beginning of the slow decline into irrelevance for the former standard-bearing organization.

as for the clippers (what's the opposite of a standard-bearer), i've been worried about them beating us for FAs for a while. really didn't like hearing jerry west and two maxes.

but we got lebron, so they're like, three miles behind us. and i actually think the likelihood of nabbing two top FAs next summer is slim, particularly with the knicks also lining up big space. if the clips get kawhi, they're still behind us, imo, and we have a ton of money to play with next year, too.

so, yeah, we'll be fine.

18. GlickenGoshDebate Tactics

Done...

You don't want the Spurs picking draft picks early considering the amazing job they did with the back end of the lottery...

19. LTLakerFan

Speak for yourself. You should not want them doing that as it will just confirm they are on downward trend with the earlier picks.

Not going to bother us over the next 5 years while they rebuild. In case you haven't noticed in your anti-Lakers myopia there's probably no team in the league doing a better job than them last 3-4 years with their scouting and late pics. So now we have factual stars in the making 2-3 years from the start of their primes, the arguably best player in the world still in his late prime, whether he's a douche or not, who will further help our young in place talent get better that much faster from what they learn. Plus major cap space to fit another superstar or whatever further moves that needle this summer determined by a now brilliant front office with "closing" ability. With a star coach on the rise that everyone loves to play for.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and Cookie like this.
  20. GlickenGoshDebate Tactics

What makes you so sure it needs a 5 year reboot?

What makes you so sure no FA could go there?