Kawhi Leonard Discussion: “I’m A Snake Clipper Guy.”

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by Helljumper, Jun 15, 2018.

1. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

I have a question too...Is there a quote out there that Bron demanded the whole team get traded?

Was Bron caught on tape saying ship their a**es out? LeGM wanted Melo, did he get him?

Both Dame & Bron stated the obvious...that they would like to play with a world talent like AD. Yet one was painted as a bad teammate by both media and fans while the other heard no such thing.

This is no different than having the young boys in Boston being put on standby till the summer, yet the media only wanted to focus on the LA edition of f*** the kids.

Yep...what a double standard.

Kenzo and abeer3 like this.
  2. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

I don't even know why I'm responding to this, but this is not an apples to apples comparison and you know it. Does Damian Lillard have the same agent as Anthony Davis? No. Does Lebron have the same agent as Anthony Davis? Yes. Is Damian Lillard best friends with Anthony Davis's Agent? No. Is Lebron? Yes.

Cookie, abeer3 and SamsonMiodek like this.
  3. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    :Laugh:

4. Kou

Kou - Lakers 6th Man -

Surely it would take the entire Blazers team to get him there? Or a good few of them.

5. vasashi17

And I'm not sure why I'm responding to an orange bringing up apples. But...

Did LeGM get AD? No
    Did he get Melo? No
    Did he get shooters that everybody said he absolutely needed? No
    Pivoting real quick for fun, did the cLips, who were 2nd in the league in 3p%, find much success out-Golden State Golden State?...f*** nah.
    Back to LeGM, did he bring in fellow Klutch klients Noel or one of the Morris twins when we had the means to? No
    Did he get KCP a multi-year deal last summer? No

Yet that LeGM narrative runs wild. As do the many double standards: we suffer from nepotism yet Lacob has his boy ready to take over Myers spot...Myers held McCaw hostage, KD is all but out, Dray wants that bag bad that he got himself a Klutch, yet Rob is a terrible individual for giving Jules UFA status a year early when he didn't have to...we horde cap space but when the cLips or BK does it, it's next level s***...can't make fun of a non-laker's gender in Paula, but our Laker owner Jeanie is fair game for all types of misogynistic jokes/references.

#DoubleStandards? Yes

6. SamsonMiodek

SamsonMiodek - Lakers 6th Man -

Family guy
    No quote, must have never happened. Bron and Paul also didn't have anything to do with the AD nightmare, cause there's no Twitter proof, right?

LTLakerFan likes this.
  7. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

not sure where stuff went here, but i think my off-hand advice to bfc to stop being imperious a) fell on deaf ears and b) kickstarted a bit of an unintentional mob (which, again, constitutes data in this case...).

i'm pro-lebron, anti-suggesting that disagreement with me implies fundamental lack of intelligence, and pro-board harmony. my comment to bfc (who i think has a lot to offer and has done so on many occasions) was supposed to be helpful.

anyway, back to kawhi: i would prefer his deadface be on our side come july. let's git it.

8. vasashi17

So you want Twitter proof?

I'm sure there's more out there, but nearly all the youngns in their exit interview said, the media made more out of it. They know the NBA is a business and they need to be grown about it.

Still I'm not excusing Bron for taking some plays off on D or exhibiting poor body language at times...I'm only refuting the faulty narratives that have been pervasive AF among Laker fans this season. Bron ain't all that bad and if we're going to be hypercritical, let's try to bring more substantive matter to support those claims rather than just claiming it as matter of fact (just cause it's convenient to you).

9. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

10. Big Mamma Jamma

Big Mamma Jamma - Rookie -

Y’all are funny...

Setting aside the fact that his all world talent on the Lakers would be amazing, Kawhi would be great just for all the ribbing he’d get from the youngsters like Kuz... especially with that laugh of his!

11. vasashi17

[​IMG]

12. Kobe Bryant 8

Kobe Bryant 8 - Lakers 6th Man -

Hating the C Bags
    All this bickering wouldn't be happening if the injuries never took place. We were looking pretty damn good for a second there. Pretty far ahead of schedule if you ask me.

sirronstuff and LTLakerFan like this.
  13. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    In spite of Luke’s shortcomings even.

14. SamsonMiodek

SamsonMiodek - Lakers 6th Man -

Family guy
    This post is a perfect example of why I usually try to just ignore your posts on the topics where we disagree. I am pretty sure you knew perfectly well I meant evidence of Bron's involvement in orchestrating the AD saga, not the young Lakers praising him (a shocker, the young guys don't openly criticize the star teammate).

It seriously boggles mymind how Dame's comments could be perceived as even remotely similar to what Bron did this year in LA. You want to defend him, better stick with his stats.

Fans on boards (including this one) are expressing extreme opinions and exaggerate on almost all subjects. Bron is absolutely no exception here. Bron apologists also go the extra few miles in that regard.

15. sirronstuff

I’d like to say I’m sorry in advance if I’ve taken my Lebron support too far.

16. Big Mamma Jamma

Big Mamma Jamma - Rookie -

Yeah, you need to stop... it’s kinda annoying! :Laugh:

sirronstuff and ZenMaster like this.
  17. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Yeah, he sounds just like Sirron... just opposite take on stuff :D

18. vasashi17

I'm not defending Bron. I'm appreciative that he took on the challenge of coming here when other (pseudo) stars cower at the thought.

What I did was show a clear double standard. Based off what Dame and Bron said, they both would like to play with AD. One did it in December, while the other did so during the playoffs.

Now if you want to play cloak & daggers and interpret what may have happened behind the scenes. Bron could have strongly pushed for an AD trade. Most of the board actually wanted it to go through.

But seeing how DLo was handled, fans interpreted that as Magic's boy Byron not endorsing him. Yet, Rob was also in power and it could also be interpreted that Kob told Rob he didn't fully endorse DLo. I mean Byron did coach him, but Kob also played with him.

What's the other popular interpretation around here: we mistreated Jules. Yet BK, who traded for DLo, has treated a RFA DLo the same way we did a RFA Jules in the name of cap space. When we granted Jules UFA access a full year in advance (when we didn't have to) did he secure a bag when other teams still had money to throw at him? Did the FO control how many minutes Luke was playing guys?

It boggles the mind that fans want to continue to push narratives so extremely.

But like you said, fans on boards tend to exaggerate. So I guess I should unboggle my mind and my expectations to what I read around here.

Anyways, 2 wrongs don't make it Kawhight. (Sorry, I had to work that in to stay on topic).

19. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    I know sirron, and this boy is not sirronstuff who was a good guy, except for the running from the law thing

20. sirronstuff

That guy sounds like a real character

LTLakerFan likes this.