Kawhi Leonard Discussion: “I’m A Snake Clipper Guy.”

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by Helljumper, Jun 15, 2018.

1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

He didn't have the balls to stick it out with LeKing. Was true to his principles.

:SadPau2:

Big Mamma Jamma and sirronstuff like this.
  2. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Sounds like a weenie if you ask me

LTLakerFan likes this.
  3. bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy - Rookie -

I'm not being condescending. The amount of disrespect fans show to LeBron James, a top 5 all time player who put up 27/8/8 in his 16th season and is the only saving grace this franchise has seen in the last 6 years, is objectively, EXTREMELY PATHETIC. And is quite frankly reflective of this "loser" mentality that has become pervasive among Laker fans who would prefer unproven young players to one of the best players to ever put on a Laker uniform.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    laker8la24 likes this.
  4. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    LG means LakersGall?

5. Big Mamma Jamma

Big Mamma Jamma - Rookie -

BFC, I agree with many of your viewpoints and I really like your analyses of a myriad of things but your posts come off as breathtakingly condescending. It ruins your credibility because folks cannot get past the tone of your posts. Unfortunately, your tone obscures the great value that you add in my opinion. When you and I were going at it, as I've said before your opinion is not the end all be all. Some of the posts from people on this forum are merely to express frustration at very real or perceived issues that come from LeBron and his camp... and those should be voiced without condescension or reprisals. Remember, we are all here because we love the Lakers. Folks express it in different ways. I like to use humor that's why I got along with Sirron so well. That dude is funny!

In a forum, a community must provide latitude to differing viewpoints because if it doesn't the community dies and people leave. We've had people take breaks from here... I was one of those individuals. @sirron and @therealdeal are two guys I miss. I hope they come back soon. I'm glad to see @trodgers posting again. I was at ClubLakers before this with many of the same cast of characters. I've been debating all things Lakers with these folks for the better part of 11 years!

Unfortunately, LeBron gets blamed for nearly everything these days... some of it is certainly warranted and some is just because folks don't like the guy. For me, I couldn't care less as long as he doesn't mess up the franchise and he produces on the floor. I take jabs at him more to elicit laughs here rather than me really holding a strong viewpoint one way or the other.

This is not an attack against you... it is merely my observations and some constructive feedback.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    tada, abeer3, ElginTheGreat and 8 others like this.
  6. LTLakerFan

Exactly. Puss! Rest of us are still here. Except @therealdeal who is responsible for bringing LeKing here in the first place and then split before the bleep hit the fan.

[​IMG]

KareemtheGreat33 and sirronstuff like this.
  7. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

No. I just wanted to make it clear that he was not expelled from here.

sirronstuff likes this.
  8. bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy - Rookie -

First off, thanks for the sentiment and the kind words.

I'm always open to debate. I enjoy it and that's why I'm here. But I'm going strongly stand by my opinions and bring lots of evidence to do it, unless proven otherwise. I've vehemently defended countless unpopular takes on here, even against veteran posters, about Brandon Ingram, Luke Walton, our offense, etc. that have later proven to be correct. And I'll continue to bring the same type of substantiated arguments when people claim things like Russell and Randle are better for this team than James. I've even taken breaks from this forum just for how much flak I got for being early to criticize Ingram and Luke's offense while, for lack of a better word, there was a massive echo chamber on here about those things. Only for those same sentiments to become mainstream opinions here just months later.

But at the same time, I'm fine with people having different opinions. It's what makes a discussion forum interesting. And I'm okay with not arguing with every single person with a contrary belief, as well as "agreeing to disagree" - which I've done countless times.

What's disappointing, is when people hit back and criticize my takes, the evidence behind it, or falsely claim I don't have any proof, and so on without providing any substance to prove their point. That generally creates a very "low-level" of discussion, and I'm going to point that out every time, like I did in this thread. Conspiracy theories and gut feelings are fine to have as personal beliefs, but they're not going to cut it in a debate with someone who has concrete evidence to back up their claims. I don't think anyone would disagree with that.

I understand the mess that the organization seems to be in is unsettling for many fans. We've had a rough 6 years. And in times like this, communities tend to collapse inward and cling to gems of hope that they can call "their own." Unfortunately, this same sentiment is what causes many other basketball fans to ridicule us and other Laker's supporters. But the Laker organization is about winning. And we as a fanbase need to get back to that, rather than protecting and yearning for a few young players, even if they were our own draft picks.

Big Mamma Jamma likes this.
  9. LTLakerFan

Exhibit A your Honor with the attitude. Where's @KareemtheGreat33 when you need him?

Without the injuries the last 2 years' extended flashes of Ingram's impressive offense and shooting %s including from 3 post both All Star breaks has not lent I don't think your opinion of his offense going forward to be shared by a whole lot of people around here. I would bet. He has done too well both years and like for 6 weeks to months long runs. I'm referring to your take on his future offensively in this league not the Ingram / Luke connection.

KareemtheGreat33 likes this.
  10. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Yes, actually you are. Not every post of yours is condescending, but far too many.

Juronimo, tada, abeer3 and 3 others like this.
  11. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
  12. bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy - Rookie -

Sounds good, "your honor"

sirronstuff likes this.
  13. bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy - Rookie -

I apologize if my posts are coming across that way to you. Maybe my clarification above will clear things up.

Big Mamma Jamma likes this.
  14. trodgers

Professor of Humanities
    Seriously? Are you purposely missing the point?

tada, Toneloc and abeer3 like this.
  15. bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy - Rookie -

What am I missing?

If I'm going to get falsely accused about my arguments having a lack of evidence, or get falsely accused of "selectively choosing" evidence, in the face of an argument with no substantiation, in a debate which I didn't start, I'm going to back it up. That's basically what happened in this thread.

I'm also going to defend my opinions with evidence, even if they're unpopular. I don't have to agree with everyone on this board, but if people are trying to argue my points, then it's important to back up claims to have a productive discussion.

I've contributed a lot to this board. I don't understand where all of this is coming from. Have people read the full extent of my discussions in this thread and others? If it's because I called your take about not having LeBron in favor or Russell or Randle, the "most ridiculous thing I've read on this board" I apologize, and it was probably uncalled for. But that is, in all honesty, how I feel about that particular argument.

There also seems to be a lot of selectively picking out my phrases to use against me. Many people who have debated me have used equally "strong" language, condescending phrases, etc. I can pull out lots of these types of quotes from prior discussions I've had. But people seem to let that slide in favor of trying to make a point that I in a vacuum am trying to condescendingly prove something. Really? Never once have I ever personally attacked someone or anything of the sort.

16. trodgers

Professor of Humanities
    Why apologize for something you want to double down on? Your posts are condescending and the most self-congratulatory I’ve seen on here in years. You’re being accused of being a self-aggrandizer.

tada, Weezy and abeer3 like this.
  17. bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy - Rookie -

Perhaps we should take this to the PMs, if people want to make accusations against me. This has nothing to do with Kawhi Leonard or his impending FA.

18. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    No need to apologize to me. I'm not offended. Rather, I'm trying along with a few others to help you see something about your approach that is in your blindspot. Your clarification didn't actually clear anything up. It came across like this, "I need to be condescending in order to set straight all the dense people here."

For clarity: you can choose to stay with the condescending approach, but it won't make your arguments any more effective.

tada, abeer3, trodgers and 1 other person like this.
  19. bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy - Rookie -

Not at all what I was trying to say. It might be difficult to appropriately convey the right tone/context over a written message.

Also, I really feel as though I am being singled out by the staff here. There have been many others who have exhibited much worse behavior towards me, and that's usually what prompts these discussions in the first place where I have to defend myself. And I think that is going unnoticed. Happy to provide examples of this. But again, maybe this is a more appropriate conversation to have over the PMs.

20. laker8la24

laker8la24 - Rookie -

You are not being singled out, you are being called out. You are condescending in a lot of your posts and you don't even realize it. And frankly, you are still doing it. When you say things like "There have been many others who have exhibited much worse behavior towards me" it seems that you still perceive yourself as better than others. Take a step back, reevaluate your approach, and come back better from it. Multiple people have now reported that they think you are condescending, and some of them are not STAFF. I am not staff. Just giving you a heads up.