Kawhi Leonard Discussion: “I’m A Snake Clipper Guy.”

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by Helljumper, Jun 15, 2018.

1. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    not too many people want to play with Lebron. Only his banana boat buddies

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  2. Anon Inam

Anon Inam Guest

That’s an absurd statement backed up by what?

Paul George not signing? Kobe himself said he’d love to play with Lebron.

3. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

I think there's was a free agent who said he didn't want to play in lebrons shadow. Who was it? I honestly can't remember and it's bugging me

4. sirronstuff

Please provide evidence to the contrary if you disagree

What big name star has chosen to play with Lebron? Even in Miami the other guys signed before he got there.

So far Lebron has quit and left somewhere three times, star players got tired of him and left (Kyrie), and he always relied on other players to play the closer role.

Lebron may finish with some of the best stats of all time, but he’ll never be the GOAT to many fans who do more than watch box scores. He has holes in his game. He’s not a great isolation scorer. He post game is weak. His clutch free throws stink. Chasing down a couple blocks doesnt make you a good defender. Has he ever been 1st team all defense?

Lebron is a great all around player, super durable, stat stuffer, and an intelligent guy who likes to control the narrative. He’s a narcissistic douche, blames others for his shortcomings, and if hes the only “star” we sign, we wont be winning anything.

/end rant

SamsonMiodek, Weezy and Barnstable like this.
  5. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
  6. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Wade and Bosh went to Miami with the full knowledge LeBron was joining.

I'm not saying there's a long list of guys who want to be with him now, but there's no strong evidence either way that players do or do not want to play with LeBron. There was some media reports that Kawhi and Butler weren't excited about playing with LeBron, but we've heard the opposite as well.

OmarE likes this.
  7. sirronstuff

Those are his banana boat boys, but they also claimed they had no idea what decision he was going to make.

Fact remains he joined them. Everything else, including others wanting to join him is only here say. If it didn’t happen, it doesn’t count.

8. sirronstuff

He doesn’t suck, but he not the king and no one is bowing down or bending a knee.

If he desires to be Laker royalty, he’ll have to deliver championships. End of story.

9. therealdeal

You honestly think they had no idea?

TIME likes this.
  10. Anon Inam

Anon Inam Guest

Well he’s correct if you only go with what is officially said in the press. I can’t prove off record stuff, but his approach seems very one sided and not open to discussion.

I could probably spend hours proving just about anyone wrong with Lebron stats, but if someone is so entrenched with their position that you can’t have reasonable dialogue, what’s the point?

You’re right. Nobody likes Lebron or wants him on their team.

Except Magic Johnson, Rob Pelinka, Jeanie Buss, and even Kobe Bryant. But I’m sure he’s right. Everybody hates Lebron.com I could pull up teammate interviews and video clips, but why? You’ve already made up your mind.

11. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Sirron has been consistent for years on this. Don't worry about it or let it upset you. I had to be reasoned with and sold on all the positive effects that hopefully come from him being here and the help it brings in teaching the young talent too. A few others almost as or as negative on him but the rest divided into wait and see and full acceptance.

What you have to appreciate is that no one here thinks he walks on water or is a "flawless" basketball player. Still the best player in the league .... yes ... but one who wants to play 4 -6 more years and has to pace himself now on defense and will still have the personality traits that rub many wrong. But far and away most are happy and thankful he's here, long as the FO's plan to keep adding more key players to have enough firepower for winning rings again.

But it's Lakers first in our fandom and he will be critiqued like every other player. Don't take it personal.

Anon Inam and Juronimo like this.
  12. bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy - Rookie -

I'd agree with most of what you said except the bolded.

1) It's pretty clear in Miami the plan was for him Wade and Bosh to team up (to beat Boston) like they discussed in the 2008 Olympics. Also Kevin Love was down to play with him in Cleveland. And if we get another star next summer in FA, that'll pretty much end that debate.

2) We can't blame LeBron for not winning anything without a star. I don't think if we put prime MJ on this roster (as constructed) in place of LeBron, we'd win much of anything. In fact I'm not even sure with a second superstar we could beat Golden State. It may take a superstar + borderline all star (Beal?) to compete with them.

I agree with most everything else, but I think there's better ways of phrasing this so that other's not on a Lakers board wouldn't dismiss these points as insane. You're absolutely right on his stat sheet stuffing and efficiency not necessarily translating to Ws, as well as his questionable effort on defense.

What boggles my mind more is how he's remained so injury free throughout his career. That's really the main reason he's such a force even in his 16th year, even compared to other guys noted for longevity like Kobe, MJ, and KAJ. I've always wondered if PEDs have something to do with that, but then most all professional athletes might be on them for all I know. Either way, it's great to watch and I'm glad he's on our team.

13. Anon Inam

Anon Inam Guest

My big critique of Lebron is that he’s a terrible GM. I mean, it’s great that he wants the guys he goes to war with to be well compensated, but the contracts that Cleveland is saddled with are terrible.

600802D1-9DCB-4D7F-A859-5AC460DB13A0.jpeg

The amount they are paying JR Smith and Tristan Thompson is really Lebron’s fault. Hopefully he lets Magic and Rob Pelinka do their job without interfering and getting “his guys” golden parachute contracts. Smith is owed 28 million and they don’t want to play him.

Focus on being the best player ever, and retire from GM’ing.

That’s the worst thing you will ever see me say about LeBron.

Barnstable, abeer3 and bfc1125roy like this.
  14. bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy - Rookie -

Yeah honestly he hamstrung Cleveland's ability to improve their roster, which ultimately resulted in their demise. Nobody was offering TT that type of money, but LeBron was encouraging him to hold out since his 1+1 deals forced Cleveland's hand to give him that massive contract. Partly why I'm very glad he signed a 4 year deal.

15. Jazzygirl205

Jazzygirl205 - Rookie -

His individual talents have been on display in Toronto. It would have been nice to have him here along side bron.

OmarE, Anon Inam and therealdeal like this.
  16. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

and how. we already got kcp back instead of, like, anyone else. hopefully, that trend doesn't continue.

17. therealdeal

KCP is now and has always been a placeholder contract. I think it works alright.

If/when we get that 2nd stud in here partly due to Pope's contract (either through trade or as a FA), Pope might go down as one of the most of important roster moves in recent history.

18. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Weezy and sirronstuff like this.
  19. sirronstuff

On point 1, even Anon admits there's no way to know. But the bottom line is that he did not recruit other stars to join him in a place he was already at. If anyone, that was Wade.

On point 2, I think we can safely say that if everything else was equal, MJ or Kobe probably would have closed out two additional victories already this season by not only having the desire to take over, but the talent set.

Lebron is built like a train, but he's not built with the honed skills needed to "create" on demand and make things happen unless it's off the pass.

I prefer not to think the worst of him in regards to PED's. We know he invests heavily in his body and recovery, so between that, modern and ancient medicine, and the genetic lottery, we are seeing a player for the ages in regards to durability.

20. sirronstuff

4 of their top 5 contracts are atrocious, and the biggest contract is Kevin Love who isn't healthy. I see them setting loss records this year. Lue is probably thankful he got fired. In addition to anxiety, he'd have PTSD by the end of month 1.