Julius Randle Discussion: MIP

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jul 15, 2015.

1. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Yeah tada it was a mistake for sure. Jules on a team friendly deal would have been a great asset. I just don't think NOP was interested in getting Jules at a high number. No trade swap with Rondo and Jules was kinda telling since they would have acquired his bird rights and kept him without actively shedding cap next summer. So trading Jules to NOP for AD might have been a no-go, but still I'm sure a 3rd team would be a eager to come in and take on Bullyius on a team friendly deal.

I do regret how it played out cause even if he wasn't patient to wait it out and want a commitment from us asap, we still held the cards and allowed a great asset to walk away for nothing in return. It was a mistake, but not entirely on us either.

I recall that it was leaked that Jules would have agreed to a 12.5m per extension had it been offered and at the time it sure made the FO look foolish. So you have to wonder if it was true and it's pretty obvious that no one in the FO would leak that s***. So that only leaves...

Speaking of which, Ariza made his bed too. Coulda had the money we offered Rondo/Lance (13.5m) but chose to make a F-Line to the Suns just inside a hour of free agency. Now continue losing in Washington...

But it will be interesting how we look at both Ariza and Jules next summer if plan A is no longer an option. Would be crazy if a reconciliation occurs...but crazier things have happened.

tada likes this.
  2. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

I'm not ruling that out either :Brows:

3. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

I think the fact that Luke Walton is still texting with Jules tells me there's a real chance that we can get Randle back next summer...which I wouldn't be opposed to at all.

Another guy that's going to be an FA? D'Angelo Russell. Watch Lakers spend all their cap on Russell and Randle in the summer if we get nobody lol

4. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    that would be unprecedented lol

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  5. vasashi17

Per the Kamenetzky bros:

He directly points to Rob and the new FO, which is kinda telling. I'm really interested to hear what stuff Mintz relayed to Jules during negotiations.

Someone should explain to Jules that he was a restricted free agent and we picked up his option implying that we valued him (ie 12.4m caphold) over cap space. Again look at what the dubs are doing to their restricted FA in McCaw. The dubs GM, Bob Myers, was also a player agent at one time, just like Rob. But we didn't do you like that Jules. Hope he understands that.

What's crazy is how fast Jules's attitude changed once we got Bron...I mean it was only months earlier where he was saying stuff like this:

What changed?

6. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

Nothing really. He wanted to play with Lebron but his priority has always been getting a long-term contract, or at the very least, a well-defined role. The FO had other plans. So he moved on and he's happy that he did. That's all there is to it.

sirronstuff likes this.
  7. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator - Rookie -

I’m predicting Randle is going to have a big game against us tomorrow night.... I will guess he gets 25 points/15 rebounds on 60% field goal shooting.

Seems to be the trend that ex-Laker Magic Johnson castaways torch us (Clarkson, D’Lo)...,

sirronstuff and alam1108 like this.
  8. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

Is he going to play? Even if he did I doubt he'd have a big game recovering from an ankle injury.

9. sirronstuff

I predict at least 1 offensive foul bullyius style lol

[​IMG]

10. vasashi17

[​IMG]

Better late than never...thx for the shoutout, Bullyius!

11. sirronstuff

that headband looks fantastic being worn like that....

:Crazyartest:

Cookie and abeer3 like this.
  12. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

13. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

He’s keeping the door open on a possible return

14. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

hope so. when the top FAs re-up this summer, there may be a deal to be struck.

15. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Wow, no kidding. That's a shocker. Not the "Shocker". Where's @sirronstuff ? That was a hilarious day on LB.

:Laugh:

sirronstuff likes this.
  16. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

Did his usual workman like job during the first half in the paint...petered out in the second. Had his expected one offensive foul in a game. Tossed something into the scorers table, walked off without shaking hands with his former mates.

Cookie likes this.
  17. vasashi17

Did hellbent Paula duck us in free agency?
    Did Trev want to be traded back home to LA, but ducked us too, coming to terms with Phx just barely over half an hour into free agency?
    Did Jules, who was a restricted free agent, ask out of his "restricted" situation to get a de facto 1 yr deal with the Pels, even shedding his bird rights (which would have allowed Nop to easily offer him a long-term deal) and took on a dubious-defined role of bench player forced into the starting spot due to injuries (kinda like last year with us). What da duck are you seeing?!?

I don't know bro... There's clearly more to this story and I don't know why you keep ducking it haha.

Anyways, I do hope Jules does get paid by someone next summer...but in terms of this year alone, his agent cost him and really cost all of his other clients money & overall happiness (Trev wanted LA and wanted a 3yr 50m deal with Htown; Paula knows nearly all of LA hates her now and could have gotten a 35% max with a 1+1 deal but idiotically accepted a 3+1 30% max deal; Jules has a new family and still doesn't have a long-term deal and instead of the Bron hoopla, he now has to deal with the #LAD hoopla; DLo just saw BK commit to someone other than himself and based how restricted free agency has gone the last few summers, ain't really going to see anywhere close to the max he is eligible for).

Anyways y'all know my stance on this, so I'll do the same as Mintz and duck out from this discussion again...

#IfItWalksLikeADuck...

18. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

Yeah, perhaps you should make a Mintz thread :D

alam1108 likes this.
  19. vasashi17

20. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

With how poorly Draymond has been playing, I could see GSW try to replace him with Randle. They'd be able to retain Durant as well.