Julius Randle Discussion: MIP

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jul 15, 2015.

1. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Most fans don't have a problem with this. It was the FO/Luke keeping him on the bench that made most of us come to terms with moving him. Besides, it seems like nobody is offering anything worth trading him, so even non-Randle fans should be happy to hear this. Woj and the rest are reporting that no one is even willing to give up a 1st, so why bother trading him?

2. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Then sign PG to come make it his team and let's see Zubac continue to bust his a** to be ready to start next year. (oh so hopefully) Give what's left to any good veteran depth including obviously the PG position. Great core going forward and a playoff team next year with Zo and Kuzma's 2nd year and BI's third. Barring injuries as always and always and always.

3. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Hahahahhahahhahahhahahahhahahaahhahahahhahahahah!!!!!

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and alam1108 like this.
  4. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

I still think the Lakers first choice is to trade Randle and this is just a ploy to put pressure on teams like Dallas to trade assets for him before the deadline.

5. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

the lakers obviously want to trade him; that's been the problem since the summer. i could get back on my "annoyed with management" soapbox, but i think i've made my point...

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  6. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

haha 2max plan....not that i have issues keeping randle but that 2max fa stuff was car salesman pitch, 1max would be a feat for them witj the record they have

sirronstuff and alam1108 like this.
  7. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

So how bout that two max 2018 new old plan plan.

sirronstuff and Khmrp like this.
  8. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Looks like Randle is a definite target for the Mavs and via Dallas insiders, it sounds like LA is playing hardball and any potential deal could be called off if LA is unwilling to bend. This is Dallas's way of publicly releasing a threat that a deal is at an impasse if LA isn't willing to counter the terms...I guess stay tuned.

Well played Cuban... Let's see how Rob/Mag respond.

9. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    at his current salary, how do we possibly get anything back in return of equal value that helps us?

We don't really want Noel. Right? Please say yes.

They don't have great draft picks most likely, and we don't need more young talent.

Their roster is pretty crappy minus who they would be unwilling to part with.

If Deng isn't attached to Mavs, I just don't see anything working. And we can match anything in the Summer or do a sign and trade or involve a third team to get greater value. I seriously doubt Randle goes anywhere this season.

Helljumper likes this.
  10. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

Here’s a question for all the people who would like to keep Randle past this summer. How much are you willing to pay him? I’m not willing to pay much more then his cap hold. So 12.5 to 13.5 million. No way am I paying max money.

abeer3, Weezy and JohnnyComeLately2k6 like this.
  11. Jaguar

Jaguar - Lakers 6th Man -

Mavs will offer more than the Lakers. If the Lakers in fact want to sign him then they have to get rid of JC now, and be willing to max out for Julius. He’s a legit double double, so that might not be as risky as it may appear.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and abeer3 like this.
  12. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I would pay no more than 15 mil per if he continues to produce like he is now the rest of the season. Max? No way, but he has earned a decent payday, and compared to what other bigs who produce less than him earn, I can see him getting it. I mean, earlier today I brought up Tristan Thompson making 16.4 mil this year and averaging 5 and 6. :speechless:

wallangong, sirronstuff, tada and 3 others like this.
  13. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Yah, ah, hell to the no on maxing out JR. No eff'n way. He is not a max player I do not care what the market is. Lakers still have that monstrosity on the payroll, you put JR at 20 mil per and you destroy any chance of getting legit players in free agency and you wont have any money left for guys coming up in a few years on the team.

14. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

makes a lot of sense for dallas to deal for randle now and operate over the cap in the summer. i'm guessing this is the rub in trade talks. i actually think dallas might take deng, but they want a pound of flesh, and the lakers aren't willing to go that way...yet. what if it's wes matthews and noel for randle/deng/zubac/2nd? just spitballin'. the lakers shave a year off deng in the deal; the mavs get RFA rights on randle rather than having to (over)bid.

lakers lose randle (whom they apparently hate), but have a player in matthews who fits well in the current system, fills a need, and will be easier to move next summer if need be.

no more than clarkson money, imo. TT is precisely why you don't overpay in FA, not a reason to do so. that would be like pinning all future FA values on mozgov's salary.

Cookie and Weezy like this.
  15. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Nice offensive game tonight. Sole bright spot besides KCP who sadly gets added to the injury riddled. The second quarter was impressive until Lopez came back and Randle was a big part of that. He was 7 of 8 at that point.

LTLakerFan, Cookie, tada and 2 others like this.
  16. Big Mamma Jamma

Big Mamma Jamma - Rookie -

Do the Mavs have a 1st round pick this year?

If the Lakers do trade Randle I would really limit the salary they bring in.

Is there anyone worth having on the Mavs?

sirronstuff likes this.
  17. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Yes they own their pick n no theyre not giving it up, its likely a top 5 pick. Dall has seth curry if youre interested along with noel, i do like that suggestion of deng/randle for wes/noel maybe a 2nd if we can squeeze it out of them. Wes doesnt expire till next yr but at least hes playable unlike dung

Big Mamma Jamma likes this.
  18. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

How about Harris, we need a more competent point guard.

abeer3 likes this.
  19. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    -24 in his 23 minutes tonight. Worst on the team. How is he even still in the League?

tada and wallangong like this.
  20. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

I agree. However, let’s (hopefully) pretend we strike out on all big free agents. Is it worth an extra $5 million (maybe $7m) to keep Randle? The alternatives would be splitting the space we do have on several guys, though we could still get 2 quality players even if we keep Randle sans star free agents.

I’m right there with you that I wouldn’t look to pay over $15m, but does that change if we lose out on all the big names? It’s a bridge I hope we don’t have to cross.

LTLakerFan likes this.