Julius Randle Discussion: MIP

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jul 15, 2015.

1. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    He's worth whatever someone is willing to pay him. Should be interesting to see what that number ends up being.

2. EddieEddie

EddieEddie - Rookie -

All it takes is one team to be tantalized by Randle's blend of age, talent, production and workout videos to blow his number up into a realm that the Lakers just don't want to be in.

Barnstable and Juronimo like this.
  3. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

Boy, we better not EFF this up. We HAVE to keep Randle at all costs! Dump DENG with 2 firsts or extend and stretch him (over 11 years at 3m per year), do whatever you can...just don't LOSE RANDLE!!!

Also, I'm a bit turned off by Aaron Mintz. Doesn't he KNOW the Lakers situation by now? Obviously we want Randle back and wouldn't he want his client to be part of a championship team if we indeed land PG13 AND LeBron?

I hope Randle is thinking about this....and we better be communicating all of this to Mintz regarding possibly dumping Deng to create the room to retain Randle. All of this should be done through the back channels and I HOPE and PRAY Rob and Magic are doing this. We cannot afford to lose Randle for nothing.

If Randle wants to go to a team like the Mavs, seriously, good riddance. But we have to let him know the situation so he understands that we may have a bit of a delay and that no matter what happens (whether we get both PG & LeBron or only one of the two or NONE of the two), we WANT HIM BACK and we will do whatever it takes to get him back.

4. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

they already f up,if reports are true that randle woulve taken 12mill per last summer

LTLakerFan likes this.
  5. EddieEddie

EddieEddie - Rookie -

Players coming off their rookie contract want to get paid. They're not really focusing on being part of a championship team at this stage of their careers. Don't get me wrong, of course players want to win but getting the $ is top priority. I can see this especially for Randle given he was actually paid less than Ball and BI this year due to the rising salary caps increasing rookie contracts. So he wants to get his.

tada, Barnstable and LTLakerFan like this.
  6. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    I wouldn't be so sure that money is the biggest thing he's looking for.

Per the latest Woj podcast that I posted yesterday when Randle was his guest he talked about wanting to go where the culture is right and play for a contender:

I don't think there is a better option out there with teams that have money that fit these two requests then the Lakers. Are we an immediate contender if just Randle comes back of course not. But I'd hope Randle sees what we have going here and understand like I believe he does when things are right in LakerLand and the team is winning, the city just becomes electric with appreciation for guys on this team.

7. EddieEddie

EddieEddie - Rookie -

Eh. I'd like to believe Randle but examples of players taking less than they can coming off their rookie contract are.... well.... I can't think of any off the top of my head. Call me cynical but to me, this is just him saying all the right things. We'll see what happens when free agency starts and he's actually confronted with a situation where another team offers him more $ than the Lakers are willing to pay.

Kenzo, Barnstable and Khmrp like this.
  8. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
    I could see that and you're right. When push comes to shove and Dallas through out an offer $20+ per year we're really go to know pretty fast if Randle is going to give us a time before signing an offer sheet or just jump toward the money. If he and his agent Mintz are smart, that offer from Dallas will always be there. Just give the Lakers time to get their ducks and a row and if PG/LBJ don't work out I know they'd be happy giving Randle what he's looking for even if its $20/year

9. EddieEddie

EddieEddie - Rookie -

My concern is Dallas will probably make it clear that the offer won't always be there and that Randle needs to make a decision quickly on signing an offer sheet or not because if not, they'll move on to other options. Like making an offer sheet to Jabari Parker for example. Dallas isn't likely to wait around and watch other free agent options drop while Randle basically delays a decision so he could potentially just end up staying where he is.

10. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

mgmt should just tell him what their # is from the start but wont sign him till 2max pursuit is done, if he gets higher per yr after that initial meeting he should take it, hes doesnt owe la anything, the way mgmt did him last off season with no ext talks and the start of this past season with the benched role......he should do whats best for him financially

ZenMaster and EddieEddie like this.
  11. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

well, there are a lot of factors going into this offseason that can determine how much he can get and what we can match.

If we are able to sign those big free agents? 1 or 2 of them? Can we get rid of Deng and get all 3?

Also, how does restricted free agency work if we do sign two max's on the first? Can we just wait then match to go over the tax bracket?

12. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

deng still has to go if we dont renounce randle bird rights if we want to match after getting 2 max. i dont know what the deadline is for la to reounce randle but i wouldnt make that decision till after mgmt present themselves to james/pg n see where those 2 intentions are

13. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

well, we have that moratorium period to find out and get agreements before we do anything.

but first priority is definitely getting rid of dung.

14. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

I've never liked the guy ... he hurts people

[​IMG]

15. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

No deadline to renounce Jules once he signs the QO (that deadline is 6/29). Recall KCP was a RFA and renounced during the summer last year, well after the first wave of free agency.

However a contract needs to be agreed upon by Oct or he plays for the QO amount (5.4M) and becomes an UFA in the summer of '19.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and Khmrp like this.
  16. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
    Dude's putting in that work again!

17. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

dude would be a beast of a TE lol

18. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

Low-ball his a**...

19. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Too skinny now. Would have been a crazy tight end a couple years ago.

20. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

looks bigger than Graham just a few lbs lighter then Gronk