Julius Randle Discussion: MIP

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jul 15, 2015.

1. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

LLLLLebron could take a backseat to all our kids, not just Julius. Do not want.

2. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

I think both are equally as important. Certainly more important than our backup plan. (LLLLLebron)

alam1108, sirronstuff and ZenMaster like this.
  3. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

4. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Superb game. The line? Shot 78% from the field on the way to 36 points career high, gobbled up 14 boards and whipped it to his teammates to the tune of 7 assists. Also 80% free throwing, which he's been kicking butt at ever since that 0 for 5 night when he put in work afterwards. Oh yeah, and that block on Jeff Green? Oh my.

Honestly, even though it was a career high in points, Randle's passing impressed me just as much tonight. He was setting up his teammates so well tonight. He should have had a triple double because Kuzma, KCP and Lopez all missed easy shots off Randle direct passes.

The kid is a keeper. Let's find a way to do so.

OmarE, Barnstable, TIME and 7 others like this.
  5. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

The LaBron hate is just so ridiculous, I can't take most of you seriously.

Lets talk when Jules or the kids lead a team to the Finals 7 straight times, let alone win a championship. Till then, there's no comparison. Even taking this as one game to say Jules>>>>LaBron is laughable. The Cavs don't really have a talented big on their roster other than Nance, especially with TT down. Our frontline ate theirs up, meanwhile they did jack s*** slowing up Milsap/Jokic and that fringe 8th seed team up in Denver. Yet, with the Cavs limited frontline, they went up to Denver and well... 1 game folks. Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

The same way Jules would help LaBron add longevity to his career, would also lead to LaBron helping Jules reach next level s***. Just look at how much LaBron has helped Nance's game out in Cleveland....imagine him doing that with Jules next season.

@tada Don't let the hate blind you too much. Your guy Jules could potentially get to all-star level with LaBron's impact on our team.

Luke even hinted at it...

OmarE, shoe, raviator and 7 others like this.
  6. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    If I had to choose between LLLLL for 4 years and Julius for the next 10-15 years, it’s an easy answer. Julius.

OmarE, scnottaken, alam1108 and 8 others like this.
  7. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Don't want to toot my own horn (as one of kids biggest supporters here) but what a beast, makes me more than happy. Now, if we lose him waiting for PG and Bron...
    I was mad we got rid of DLO (got over it quick though). Julius though, man, he needs to stay a Laker for a long, longgggg time!

8. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

agree with most of you here that no lebron/PG unless randle is re-signed

if that means only landing one of them, so be it

9. sirronstuff

10. sirronstuff

Just being fair lol

abeer3, KB24, therealdeal and 3 others like this.
  11. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

@vasashi17 Respectfully, what does LLLLLebron's past accomplishments (mostly what he did in his late 20's) have anything to do with what he has in store for us at age 34-39? I'd say nothing.

As @sirronstuff pointed out, I'd rather have Julius Randle from age 23-28, at nearly half the salary. It's not even close.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  12. Kenzo

^ You do realize Bron is wayyyy better now than when he was in his 20's, right? He might get injured in the next few years. He'll decline. But let's not act like he will start to suck (Deng cough, cough) all of a sudden.

therealdeal likes this.
  13. Toklat

Toklat - Lakers 6th Man -

Randle is the cake... everything else is icing... pay the man...

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and tada like this.
  14. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

I disagree. He has regressed ALOT on the defensive end. He may have better numbers statistically but that's fool's gold. The Cavs are on pace to win 45-48 wins this season in the weak East. Do you honestly think Lebron is still in his prime?

I just don't think he fits into what we're building. We are set to contend for another decade with or without LLLLLebron.

15. Kenzo

^ Yes he is. He just doesn't give a f*** about the cavs or playing D.
    And for that "contend for a decade part"... If Jules becomes Barkley 2.0. ZO is twice the player Kidd was and Brandon becomes prime KD, then sure ;):rock:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    sirronstuff and therealdeal like this.
  16. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

Lakers FO better manage the timing of the upcoming free agency the right way

17. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

I agree , the "idea" is our young core + PG will make Lebron coasting and regression on D less obvious

tada likes this.
  18. Purp n Gold

Purp n Gold - Rookie -

Heat 'Bron was peak 'Bron. Let's be clear.

It was a perfect storm for Juju and he took full advantage. Props to the guy. The amount of media attention combined with the fact that he was playing against former teammates made for a big night. If this is the future, I'm excited.

LTLakerFan and tada like this.
  19. Black_Jack

Black_Jack - Rookie -

Randle needs to be re-signed, and only need to sign either PG/ Lebron.... cause having both of them would significantly reduce the playing time for youngsters like kuzma, ingram and randle.

tada likes this.
  20. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I'm going to start of with: this was a coming out party for Julius. Incredible game on both ends of the floor and he took it to a Cavs team that is no longer a contender in my opinion with Hood and Love sidelined. They're young, lack depth, and lack discipline. Incredible performance on a grand stage and I can't find much to complain about. Who cares about a couple charging calls when you put up those numbers and more importantly blow out the opposition?

Second of all: some of ya'll need to calm down on the LeBron hate. It's insanity! One fantastic game just erases a decade of league dominance that no other player has had since Bill Russell? Please. It's ridiculous. It's not hard to appreciate what Julius just did without trying to compare the two and start a war in here.

Third of all: I'm firmly in the keep Julius camp like @Doc Brown and I'm sure @vasashi17 are as well. Do what we have to do. Cleveland pick, 2020 pick, maybe it takes a youngster, but get rid of him and take minimal salary back or a protected pick. Trade for Paul George if we can. Get f***ing creative because Julius needs to stay here. Luke has found the combination of praise and tough love that Julius needs and he's playing at a truly incredible level right now. All that promise and all that potential is finally coming to light. Do what we have to do so that we can get the lineup of death that'll strike fear in everyone's heart. You throw a lineup of Ball/George/Ingram/LeBron/Julius on the floor and even Golden State isn't looking for trouble.