Josh Hart Discussion: NEW YORK KNICK!

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jun 22, 2017.

1. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Josh is hitting 52% of his threes so far on a fair sample of 23 attempts, or over 5 attempts per game. Don’t look now, but that’s Klay Thompson territory.

:Joshharthearthands:

2. Kou

Kou - Lakers 6th Man -

I see both points as valid tbf.

3. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Not disagreeing with "its who closes games that matters" but who starts the games absolutely matter. The starters set the tone for the game.

4. TIME

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Wow, I just checked Klay's numbers this year, and he is shooting 15% on his threes!

Josh >>>>> Klay (through four games at least)

5. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Yeah, but choose which is more important: starting or finishing games? /SavoryGriddles

Setting tone is important, but so is having a dependable guy on the 2nd unit that can eat off the opposing bench unit.

Dude is older compared to other 2nd yr players, has played 4 years and won at the collegiate level and is a pseudo vet in that regard. He ate off summer league talent this summer and keeping his minutes in check allow him to retain his fouls and use them up to play tough D in closing quarters and games when we need stops.

Dude has played the 3rd most minutes on our team, while Kcp has played less than Zo (who was on a minutes restriction and still needs his minutes monitored while he was forced into action with the Rondo suspension). Hart has played nearly 3 quarters more than Kcp at this point.

Dude's getting time and closing quarters on a nightly basis. But he still needs to start tho?

Y'all want #JoshStart...but aren't worried about #JoshHurt. Will it take another broken hand or his hamstring coming up lame again for y'all to realize that it's not about how you start (Oct) but how you finish (May-June) in this league?

6. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

:Magicwow4:

:FistPump:

Solid. Points scored. But Josh is made for that starting lineup. He's a better version of D-Fish possibly.

7. vasashi17

D-fish came back from injury in 2001 and remind me how we finished that season again?

It's October and y'all want to peak now?

Luke, I tried bruh...Laker fans are some weirdos tho haha.

Anyways Hart deserves the st:h:rt, but I believe it's good str:h:tegy for him to eat off the bench and close games. Either way, ain't no sweat off my back...nor that guy y'all like to s*** on.

8. LTLakerFan

Not saying run him too many minutes but we simply are a much better team with him in the starting lineup over KCP. For however long at starts as needed and find more rest in middle or however. If KCP gets his **** together again he's a really nice player to take the load off. IF.

lakerjones likes this.
  9. TIME

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    LeBron said when he was that age he could play four straight games without getting tired. I could and did. Josh is a young stud not even in his prime yet. PLAY the man.

10. vasashi17

But he is getting play tho...

Bron is one of league leaders in minutes played...Josh has played 20 less minutes than him...coming off the bench for 3 of those games.

:LukeBackhandSlap:

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  11. TIME

Lifelong Lakers fan.

[​IMG]

Cookie and JohnnyComeLately2k6 like this.
  12. LTLakerFan

:This:

vash do you not want Josh to be happy? :giggle: :clap: This is what he lives for to play against the best. And he's really good at it.

Cookie and JohnnyComeLately2k6 like this.
  13. vasashi17

No.

[​IMG]

#BuiltLikeAnOxButNo
    #JoshHurt

14. LTLakerFan

15. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I honestly have no idea why @vasashi17 is arguing this much about downplaying starting...

My only thought is he's going to trick as many of yoy as possible into admitting starting is irrelevant and then he'll say it was all a crazy prank and laugh at those of you he fooled.

16. vasashi17

I can respect this type of outlook, but I think it's good strategy to have Hart off the bench and closing games with his wind and fouls intact (see Bullyius last season).

Josh is enough of a "vet" to have earned that starter spot, but I can see why Luke would bring him up off the bench as well.

Either way, I'm done.

[​IMG]

17. LTLakerFan

Then you admit you are selfish and don't want Josh to be happy. I was serious. Sorta. :)

[​IMG]

18. vasashi17

Have no idea why y'all want Luke to get on the starter hype train. Y'all need to #MeloOut

[​IMG]

:p

19. vasashi17

I admit that Hart is a key core cog and I'm selfish to hold onto him as a healthy piece to our core next year. We should be competing this year, but realistically we're playing spoilers rather than favorites to win it all this year.

I maintain that Josh off the bench is strategy.

He had a hamstring issue this summer and broke his hand during the 2nd half of season last year. Coming off the bench limits the exposure of injury some.

He plays defense and his motor on that end is amazing. I want that type of player to have close to 6 fouls to play aggressively at the end of games or during clutch moments in the game when we need stops.

He's a 4 yr collegiate athlete that had won the NCAA title...that type of "vet" presence in the 2nd unit is just as valuable as him as a starter trying to set the tone of the game early. Not to mention, he can exploit and eat off the opposing players as he did in summer league as the MVP.

He allows KCP more shine for trade purposes in a contract year, while hiding/shielding himself as a trade asset from other teams. Also it pacifies Rich/Klutch for AD (and if and when that trade happens, maybe Hart is left out if that package).

The starting job is his next year with Kcp gone, but I can see the strategy behind him coming off the bench this year and even moving forward as a glorified super-sub (like LO and Gino).

So Luke/management could be looking at Hart coming off the bench in a startegic sense...and I totally could see why.

Anyways, I've beat y'all heads in with my stance, so I'll finish it with that. Don't make me "start" up again...

20. revgen

revgen - Lakers 6th Man -

It's easy to say that Hart should just be a 6th man off the bench until the Spurs (the lowest paced team in the NBA) score 40 points in the 1st quarter.

Right now KCP is playing worse than he did last year. If he plays decent defense and hits the catch and shoot 3's setup by Bron and Zo, the whole Hart 6th man strategy makes sense.