Jordan Clarkson's Motivation

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LALakersFan4Life, Jan 4, 2015.

1. LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life - Rookie -

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-jordan-clarkson-20150104-story.html

2. ShowTime_IR

ShowTime_IR - Rookie -

didn't know this story. hope his father will stay healthy.
    I think this kid gonna explode once he'll figure out everything in his head.
    I'm predicting he's gonna have a big jump next year.

3. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
    That was a very good read, and it really sheds a lot of light on what Mitch saw in him, and how he could end up being a massive steal. Thanks for posting.

therealdeal and lakerjones like this.
  4. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Great read. My mother battled cancer at two different points in her life. It's so tough and it effects everyone in the family. Glad that Clarkson got his break here and even more that his father is doing better. I am rooting for the kid. I like him a lot. I hope he can get into the rotation more, and I also hope we pick up his option next year (I think we will).

therealdeal likes this.
  5. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Suddenly it's clear why he looks the part of a 1st round pick and fell to the 2nd round. Great read and great perspective on him as a person and player.

One thing he's got to learn as a professional in a sport like this: when times get rough, bury yourself in your craft. If he's worried about having to make money for the family, hit the gym with Kobe every day and be the best player you can be. It'll help keep your mind off of things and give you a healthy outlet. Not to mention it'll help you achieve that "breadwinner" status you're worried about getting to.

He's going to be around for a while. I know it. It'll be fun watching him grow into the NBA player he's shown flashes of.

Battle Tested20 and lakerjones like this.
  6. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    Great read and thanks for posting the article on here. I heard about this story that Mike Bresnahan wrote about Clarkson and hadn't had a chance to read it yet. Great stuff and I can't wait to see Clarkson further develop. Heck, now with Wesley's hip injury he may get to see the floor more often if Kobe and company have to play some 3 now.