Jordan Clarkson Discussion: Sky's the limit!

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by davriver209, Oct 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davriver209

davriver209 - Rookie -

Police Officer
    Anyone else impressed with this kid? I think he's be solid these past couple of games. He can shoot, he has excellent speed and can take it to the basket. We def got two very good picks in the draft.

2. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

^^ Hope he's all right. I like the kid a lot.

3. Chillbongo

Chillbongo - Lakers 6th Man -

I saw some good things from him. He has a nice basketball instinct for his age and seems like a hard worker.

He's still a rookie and a bit erratic but if this kid keeps working he can be an NBA player for sure. Hope his calf is allright.

4. KobeAnd8

KobeAnd8 Guest

I hate Jordan Clarkson. Dude ball hogs and takes stupid shots. His field goal percentage has been bad too. He doesn't really do a good job orchestrating the offense and he seems like someone who is playing to boost his stats. His defense isn't the greatest either. Steve Nash and Jeremy Lin both runs the offense wayyyyy better than Clarkson yet Clarkson is the one who is ball hogging and just looking to score. I personally hope the Lakers trade him. We're already stacked in the point guard position anyways with Ronnie Prince, Steve Nash, and Jeremy Lin. Only good thing about Jordan Clarkson is his free throw percentage. Other than that, I don't think he helps the team with his plays.

5. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

Come on, cut the kid some slack. It's pretty typical for a rookie whose instinct is to score to come out and jack up shots. Especially with Swaggy out we need someone fearless off the bench. And in regards to running the offense, Clarkson is and has been playing the SG spot. Of course our point guards are better at initiating the offence.

6. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

I find the take above to be rather bizarre.

Clarkson has looked quite good so far to me. his first shot last night was a bad one, but after that, I think he was doing what they want. he's not a top notch athlete (like a Zach lavine), but he uses all of his athleticism (unlike lavine). I do think he's an undersized 2 as opposed to a 1, though. but gilbert arenas had those knocks coming out, too.

lakerjones likes this.
  7. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

I like Clarkson. He need to be a little more efficient and reign it in a bit. However, I do like the speed, athleticism, and his ability to get to the basket to create his own shot. He'll be fine.

8. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

The one knock I have on him is the field goal percentage honestly. It's not that he's taking a LOT of bad shots, but he's taking some. Some of the shots he's taking are just rimming out. He's got a lot of the typical rookie problems: defense is a half-step too slow, shots rim out a lot, pace is sometimes hard for him to judge.

But he's also been able to get where he wants to for the most part offensively. He's an underrated rebounder actually, really has a nose for the ball in space. He's more athletic than most and can get to the rim.

We got two NBA players in the draft. That's more than a lot of teams can say.

lakerjones likes this.
  9. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

The 3 highlighted phrases / words don't work well together when the last one is in the mix. That aside, wow this all seems a weee bit harsh. If he gets even "close" to any of that, Scott WILL take care of it.

10. For the Love of the Game

For the Love of the Game - Rookie -

I love this guy. He really plays hard on the D end. And I think he'll be a heck of a defender if he sticks with it. I also like his stroke. Scouts questioned his shot but his stroke looks fine. He's got enough athleticism to hang at the NBA level. His FT shooting is lights out obviously. He can get to the basket. His floater seems to be his shot of choice when in the paint area. He hasn't hit any yet but it's just a matter of time.

11. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

It's still difficult for me to see him as a PG, I have to admit. I like him more as a two. I love Ronnie Price as a third string PG and I think Clarkson is a great draft pick for a combo guard. We are doing the right thing - acquiring talent at a cheap price. Clarkson fits that bill in a big way. Kid has talent.

therealdeal likes this.
  12. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Oh he's no PG. Just doesn't have the mind for it at all. Not that he CAN'T make the passes, but he just doesn't do often enough. That's okay though. No problems there. Especially in this system, the offense calls for all-around guard play. You don't have to be a PG in this system like you do in Doc Rivers' offense.

He's got the chops. I think we've got a real player here.

lakerjones likes this.
  13. SR05

SR05 - Rookie -

i like what i've seen so far, as far as value at the pick he was taken at i doubt there was a better player available, or at least i haven't seen one. regarding the questionable shots / field goal percentage; that seems like a natural thing for a rookie in preseason, overextending himself to try to impress. he'll reign it in as the season approaches

14. lakersyunowin

lakersyunowin - Lakers 6th Man -

15. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Yeah, I was just about to post that. Can't catch a break.

16. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Yeah you would think no doubt the floater will come along (hope anyway), it's really smooth with good hops and mechanics. Maybe as good looking mechanically as Goudelock's and look how well that's served him in the league. Errrrr..... where the heck is he now anyway? He had some swag.... was fun for awhile.

17. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

bummer mostly for him, as this is his chance to develop some. he won't play much once the season starts.

18. lakerswiz

lakerswiz Guest

Dude is getting his shots, he just ain't making them. He understands basketball too which Darius Morris never seemed to understand. Clarkson drives the paint, breaks down his defender, gets into the paint.

And again, 2 games, lol. NBA is a whole new game. The speed is different. The timing is different. He's still getting used to his teammates.

He's fine.

19. For the Love of the Game

For the Love of the Game - Rookie -

You're judging a rookie after 2 preseason games, one of which he didn't finish due to injury? Talk about jumping to conclusions.

20. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
    Even two weeks is fine. Just get back healthy for the regular season. We'll be able to use him.

lakerjones likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.