Jeanie's Mouthpiece Throws Mitch And Jim To The Wolves (Mouthpiece Piece)

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    Pretty alarming claims made.

I'm all in favor of moving Jesse Buss, Joey Buss, and Ryan West up to higher FO positions to make the calls with Magic and Luke having a voice in those matter as well. Maybe this is better to have a collective thing than having someone just replace Mitch as the main person making decisions.

I was thinking about this analogy last night of Mitch being that family dog. Lovable, many great memories, but at some point the dog gets bad hips or can't function anymore and its time to think about putting it down. Mitch has done many great things (ex: draft picks & trades) but its time to move on for sure.

2. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    Exactly. The day that Magic is meeting with Jim and Mitch to talk about these moves.

Hell, Magic could bring up this article and make bullet points to talk about each of these decisions. Ding did all the homework for Magic and prepared him well.

3. Doc Brown

Doc Brown - Lakers Starter -

Doctorin'
    Out of all the things in there, the one thing that pissed me off was the bit about how LMA asked Mitch who would be the Lakers center if he came here and Mitch did nothing but look at his shoes awkwardly and stutter.....

Seriously Mitch, us arm chairs discussed center options because we knew LMA didn't want to play center. FFS make something up.

Anyway, another garbage piece where Jeanie walks away without blame. Again before an important date (Last time before FA, this time before the trade deadline) this crap comes out, just fire them and end this teenage b*******.

4. Azndude2190

Azndude2190 - Lakers 6th Man -

This article reminded me of how we are essentially handicapped money wise for the next 3 seasons with Deng and Mozgov making ~100 million total.

Unbelievable how much the FO ****ed it up there.

Juronimo likes this.
  5. D-Fish Man

D-Fish Man - Lakers 6th Man -

Not to sound like a broken record, but people need to stop focusing on Jeanie, the one Buss child with an education. We're are in this mess because Jim is incompetent and has no business running this team. He never did, and he should have been fired by his father a long time ago. If Jeanie's behind these leaks (and I might point out that's pure speculation) then she's doing us all a tremendous service. This isn't wikileaks, and we're not talking about the nuclear launch codes. We're talking about a basketball team that's being run by a ne'er-do-well idiot. The sooner he leaves the better. This isn't about Jeanie.

Purp n Gold, Juronimo and sirronstuff like this.
  6. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I'm sorry D-Fish but I disagree. This is completely about Jeanie. It's her responsibility we're here as much as anyone else's and the fact that Ding paints these pictures of her as infallible while her brother is the devil's curse on a basketball franchise is proof enough to me that Ding is a Mouthpiece.

If you want to give Jim the lion's share of the blame, okay. I don't care anymore about that, but that doesn't mean Jeanie doesn't get her share as well. She can't declare herself the President of the team and then skirt all the blame when bad s*** happens. She needs to take her lumps too and when she drums her brother out of the office and puts Magic in there, she better be ready for whatever comes next too, good or bad.

7. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    Jeannie is running around on a passive aggressive mission to discredit her brother while shouldering none of the blame. If she's in charge, she should fire him. Otherwise she should fix things.

8. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

I'm so sick and tired of Jeanie doing this right before critical deadlines. Couldn't this crap wait until after the trade deadline? Now teams are going to try and stiff us again and we'll end up making no moves per usual.

I want both Jeanie and Jim gone. Fire everyone. Sell the Lakers please.

Barnstable, Juronimo, Weezy and 2 others like this.
  9. D-Fish Man

D-Fish Man - Lakers 6th Man -

Fair enough. But if her biggest mistake is not firing her brother earlier, you have to keep in mind that doing so would have transgressed her father's dying wish. Not an easy check to cash. And to be clear, her brother is, in fact, the devil's curse on a basketball franchise.

sirronstuff likes this.
  10. therealdeal

He might be, but at least we're not as bad as the Kings right now. I'd say he's devil adjacent.

I think her biggest mistake is what she's doing now. If she wants her brother and Mitch out, I'm all for it. We've peaked behind the curtain enough to know they're unfit for their jobs now, okay fine. Don't drag it out like this though. Don't make a scene of it and disgrace both of them publicly. It's petty and beneath someone who is supposed to be our leader going forward. She's lucky the stuff with the Kings is going on because it distracted from her full frontal assault on her own franchise employees.

alam1108 likes this.
  11. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

Can't stand Ding but Jeanie/Magic have a choice to either step up for Jim and Mitch or act. Seems like it's going the way of the ousting. If even half of that is true then it is time. Jim is a waste of space, as for Mitch, Magic better get someone besides himself to replace Mitch because if he does any more than simply help to close FA deals that others have worked on then we run the risk of Isaiah vers 2.0. Jesse Buss and Ryan West seem to be the new generation, maybe it's time to give them a chance.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  12. KRL

KRL - Lakers 6th Man -

Jim is too dense. I buy the revised Bynum for CP3 bit. Jim could have taken credit for that ... lookI turned Bynum into a HOF PG!

Pisses me off seeing him on the Clippers every time. This after 6 yrs!!!!

13. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I got over him quickly after seeing his Lebronesque flopping highlights.

alam1108 likes this.
  14. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

sirronstuff likes this.
  15. sirronstuff

Old Yeller

:dwightcrying:

Battle Tested20 likes this.
  16. Jaguar

Jaguar - Lakers 6th Man -

Finally someone, even if it's Ding, strings together the stupid moves of an unqualified son. Stupid not necessarily because he is not alllowed to make errors, but stupid because at the feet of these blunders lies his unjustifiable ego.

Jim's ineptitude has been so obvious for so long that he has easily earned the rebuke that he receives. He is making Vlade look average. Ha

Yet, surprisingly people are still trying to offer him protection and blame Jeannie. I mean what other results do you need to see to know that he has been a disaster. Hasn't he embarrassed this franchise enough with his ego. He was suspect since the days of hiring Rudy T when his Dad tried to give him free reign starting with coaching decisions.

Jimmie is the anti King Midas. The sooner j.b. and Mitch are released from their duties, the sooner this Lakers franchise starts trending upwards. And that will definitely translate into better free agency results.

Do it Magic!

Purp n Gold and sirronstuff like this.
  17. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

Jeanie needs to just go ahead and type these up herself and publish them on the Players Tribune or something.

sirronstuff likes this.
  18. sirronstuff

Im glad the info is out, but it does appear to be an underhanded method of undermining her brother. Several moves have been made to soften the blow on her when the ultimate decision must be made. I'm sure insiders know even more stuff we never hear about.

19. therealdeal

I challenge you to find one person in here who is defending Jim Buss.

20. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

i stil see the cp3 veto as a factor in the demise of the lakers but the main reason is the s*** front office we have. the buss kids are the main culprits for the atrocious last few years. some really, really crappy decisions and like someone said earlier, a lot of little things have come back to screw us over

holding on to pau for too long instead of getting some value for him in a trade is a perfect example

kobe's contract too, can't forget about that either. definitely part of the reason for the demise