Jeanie's Mouthpiece Throws Mitch And Jim To The Wolves (Mouthpiece Piece)

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Feb 20, 2017.

1. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...mning-case-against-jim-buss-and-mitch-kupchak

If even half of these claims are true, it's time to move on. It's been time. I think many of these claims are probably exaggerated and/or false, but hey it is what it is. Time to move on.

At least now we have an idea of who is replacing Mitch in the FO.

2. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

Always thought Jim Buss wanted to please his father not oppose him. All these reports makes it even sadder...

3. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

i don't think these claims are exaggerated

this franchise has gone to s**** and it starts with jim buss. like i've said before, the lakers will be successful again until he's gone and while i was originally sketchy about magic, at this point we just need something new. jim needs to go and honestly, i wouldn't really care if mitch did too

they just need to start over. hiring luke was the first step, now its time to shake up the FO

4. EddieEddie

EddieEddie - Rookie -

"In fact, the summer signings of Deng and Mozgov were precisely the sort of middling additions with minimal upside that the Buss siblings agreed in their 2014 family meeting would not be acceptable use of all the salary-cap money the Lakers had been saving year after year.

Scrambling to come anywhere close to Jim's promise that the team would be in contention by this season, however, he and Kupchak threw their long-term money at their problem anyway.

They were looking out for themselves."

I 100% buy this and why I blamed these two signings on Jim Buss from the beginning. My biggest fear entering this offseason was Jim would make irrational win-now moves because he was in the final year of his "contend or I quit" timeline. Sure enough my fears came to fruition. I've been down on him for a while and this should really have been the last straw.

He needs to go. I don't know how a FO with Magic and to some extent Kobe would work but it HAS to be better than this.

Cookie, Weezy, Khmrp and 1 other person like this.
  5. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i thought that was a pretty lame piece. as real suggested, there are some HUGE stretches, all in line the obvious agenda.

to me, the demise of the franchise was the paul veto, pure and simple. not sure it's fair to expect management to recover from that in a timely fashion.

magic and jeannie better hope nothing else that bad happens on their watch, because they won't have fall guys next time.

6. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Life is not fair. Results are the only thing that matter in business. You do not produce results, you can not continue to fail. You add sports and you have to add the "what have you done for me lately..." to that.

Not moving Gasol or Howard or getting Lowry or Isiah, all these little things didn't matter. To me anyway. Having your franchise get destroyed by David Stern wasn't anyone's fault, especially Mitch. However, when you can't break the culture of stench when you cant bring in mega stars to a mega franchise? That was a stench that kept getting worse over the last few years. Many were blaming Kobe but when Kobe was out or left, nothing changed. So clearly it wasn't Kobe. Then to add to the misery, you call one of the worst free agent signings I have ever seen as a Laker fan at 12:01 and you sign him to virtually a max contract for the max years you can give a free agent. Then you add more to the misery by signing a has-been to even more money. That right there may be the final blow for Mitch. And no, I don't care how much Luke lobbied for Mosgov. Phil Jackson used to lobby for players and West and/or Dr Buss didn't jump on it because Phil Jackson's skill is coaching not player evaluation as you have seen in New York. I mean come on, you saw that years ago when he wanted to trade Kobe for Kidd and Marion. That should tell you how bad he was then.

I've heard how Magic lobbied for Byron Scott and how hyperbolic he can get with his tweets. Folks, c'mon. Byron Scott is family. That is his brother, of course he is gonna say the right things in public about him. My hope is that Magic becomes the new Jerry West of the Lakers and he obviously gets rid of Jim Buss from any major decision making or appearance in the same room when they host players this summer. Mitch? I dont know. I am good if he stays or goes. However, if he does get let go, then Ryan West will be promoted and I truly believe if that happens, when jerry west's contract is up in GS this July, Jerry will be back in that same role but with his beloved Lakers. AND THAT is what I WANT.

Magic, Ryan and Jerry, with Luke there also, would make me feel much more confident in hosting free agents than Jim and Mitch and Jeanie putting selfies on lamp posts begging players to stay.

7. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Kobe wont work for the Lakers either. Sorry. Kobe is not a player evaluater. Kobe doesn't give two s***s about other players. He is the master of masterying his own s*** not others. If Kobe is in an "advisor" role, fine but no major decisions.

Also, in my previous post, I didnt want it to sound like Mitch needs to be fired. Mitch has been lights out with the draft. I would keep him as GM and let him continue to handle that. Let Magic and Ryan be the player personnel guys.

8. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Yes, it's a mouthpiece hit piece (great title btw @therealdeal)

But, there is too much there to think it's just made up stuff.

Jim needs to go now. Mitch hitched his wagon to the wrong Buss, and in this case his loyalty was ultimately misdirected. So, I love you Mitch for what you did get done, but he's got to go too.

Time to drain the swamp.

9. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Re; Mitch and Jim;

Jim, I don't care. Keep Mitch. Magic needs to delegate.

If Mitch and Jim are both let go, and Magic wants to turn into Isaiah, we're screwed.

If Magic decides to delegate and hire the best, I'm all for it.

That's my stance.

10. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Even if all the claims are true, impeccable timing once again.

11. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Part bout Sacre is really sad

12. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

That was brutal, I mean wow. True in full or not, it's all out there, and it's a terrible look. Jim has to go now, because this can't be allowed to go on, it makes us look awful as a franchise and we don't need extra help in repelling free agents. Some of this stuff, if true though, is more than a little upsetting. That's why we seemed to inexplicably keep Sacre around year after year?! McDermott over Randle? Ugh.

13. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I like inflammatory journalism from time to time. I'd prefer Jim was only to blame, but sadly Mitch might be gone with him.

However, Mitch will find another job elsewhere if he wants one. Jim? Um no.

HomelessBuss.png

LTLakerFan, TIME and Juronimo like this.
  14. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Is there an age limit on jockeys?

LTLakerFan and sirronstuff like this.
  15. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Jim is still part-owner. He won't have anything to do with basketball related decisions, but he'll still be involved in some capacity.

Another thing to note: This is all on Jeanie now; all the blame has been directed toward her brother, and now once she completely gets rid of him, the blame will be entirely on her. This is her show. Let's see how she handles he criticism, blame, and wrath of fans while we continue to rebuild and try to find our way back to contention...

abeer3, ElginTheGreat, Cookie and 4 others like this.
  16. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    However
    Cue the sound of leverage flying out the window.... Yikes.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  17. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

One of the things I buy is that Jim has odd attachments that make deals difficult. I don't know that Bynum going out means Chris Paul deal goes through, but it makes more sense.

I don't necessarily buy some of the stretches in logic, but the fact still remains the FO is far, far too divided to succeed. Mitch and Jim need to go and Jeanie is going to catch the full fury of the position sooner than later. I have marginally more faith in her than Jim, we'll see.

ElginTheGreat, Khmrp and sirronstuff like this.
  18. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

Jim Buss dearly wants to establish his credibility? Jim Buss desperately wants to be recognized? Jim Buss wants to be respected? He has an ego too... What I find surprising is his defiance of his father's orders by trying to forge his own identity.

19. JLaker17

JLaker17 - Lakers Starter -

While I'm sure the basis of most of that article was correct, I wouldn't be shocked if he stretched that truth a bit to hone in on points. The more I read on the Kupchak and Jim dynamic, the more I am disgusted and how I just want it to end. The part about Mozgov and Deng really does scream one last ditch effort, which now probably has set us back a few more years.

Get these guys out of here.

KareemtheGreat33 likes this.
  20. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Why would you gamble your job with Mozgov and an old Deng. Mitch deserves what's coming

Khmrp likes this.