Jeanie Buss On Espn Today

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by ElginTheGreat, Oct 23, 2014.

1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

I started to just put your post up and say nothing. Then I got to the if it was traced back to Jim part and did a damn double take and contemplated that. THAT would be a big problem. Nothing would surprise me with Jim but even I would not suspect that. But if true, what a family/business/Lakers kind of a nightmare.

All that said, I would think whatever Jeanie made up her mind she was going to say on the air today, she would also have discussed with Jim. If he was a rat maybe his nose or eyes started twitching and she would have picked up on it. She's pretty smart. She also got screwed by him so to speak on the D'antoni instead of Phil midnight decision, and probably has her own "Spidey senses" working.

lakerjones likes this.
  2. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, LT - I'm not in anyway trying to insinuate that it might have been Jim. I'm only saying that if this did come back to him then I hope she would follow through as she talked about. If it were true she would be in her rights to can him. Caveat - I truly hope it does not come back to him because of what that would mean to the franchise's FO and the family . . . but let's say I wouldn't cry about it.

3. pound4pound

pound4pound - Lakers Starter -

im gonna tweet Jeanie that it was Mike Trudel so they can get rid of that pipsqueak

lakerjones likes this.
  4. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

In regard to Dwight, yeah she'd have stuck up for him if he was still here too. She spoke ill of no one today. They even brought up Dwight and all she said was he was a great person, great player, and it was good that free agents in this league have the right to choose where they go.

She even went further and put some blame on the Lakers and said that Dwight's back was not right when we first got him and that he shouldn't have played from game 1. She even said she told friends who wanted tickets right after the trade was made that they should wait til January. I believe she said they thought that was going to be a championship year and Dwight wanted to play ASAP, but still, taking some blame off him was nice of her, and that has to look good to potential free agents. As president of the Lakers, bashing Dwight wouldn't be a good look, I think the blanket statement of anyone who doesn't want to play with Kobe is probably a loser is good enough ha ha.

ElginTheGreat and lakerjones like this.
  5. LTLakerFan

I like Mike in the job. I think he is giving really good extended interviews that come on line and asks good follow up questions to stay on point. He seems like a "good" guy. Then again I liked Ireland in that job. I like them both. What don't you like about him?

6. LTLakerFan

Ummm yeah!! .... Hello.... hopefully at least in Media section by tomorrow.

7. pound4pound

pound4pound - Lakers Starter -

he just comes across as really uptight..i remember he had an interview with Young here Nick made a joke or two and it totally went over his head..agreed about Ireland...he's slowly becoming a favorite of mine

8. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
    I posted this in the ESPN article thread as soon as I read "Buss family:

Good job, Jeanie!

9. Jb8

Jb8 - Rookie -

While I think jeannie did the right thing, her choice of words were poor. I felt she could have defended kobe without coming off as arrogant and unprofessional, especially in light of Abott's article.

10. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I didn't think she said anything arrogant or unprofessional at all... Maybe harsh and heavy-handed, but nothing I saw said "arrogant".

ElginTheGreat and lakerjones like this.
  11. lakerswiz

lakerswiz Guest

It is incredible to me how so many people have taken her comments as 'Anyone not joining the Lakers is a loser.' When that isn't even remotely what she said.

She didn't even say 'Anyone not joining the Lakers because they don't want to play with Kobe is loser.'

What she said was very specific and yet everyone heard what they wanted to hear.

And she's right.

Anyone in the NBA that wouldn't join another team because they were scared of playing with a player on that team is a coward and probably doesn't deserve to be in the NBA. Crittenton is out of the league, they're safe now.

lakerjones likes this.
  12. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, and to me it wasn't even that heavy handed, but on point. If she found out who was talking nonsense that person gets canned. I have no problem with that. She was completely professional. As usual she carried herself and the Lakers name well. And she did a nice job standing up for Kobe just as I think she would for any of our players. That's the kind of person she is. I'm not putting her on a pedestal - everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. This is one of her strengths though: she carries herself and speaks well in public. She's earnest and I respect that. I think it's wise for her to defer to her brother and Mitch on the basketball ops, on the other hand. That's not her expertise.

13. DjBelvedere

DjBelvedere - Rookie -

If anyone hasn't seen it yet

14. cthroatgtr

cthroatgtr - Rookie -

Jeanie needs to be herself and not try and be her father. Kudos for standing up for Kobe and the Lakers franchise. I love how they say "Lakers haven't even been to the finals since 2010"....ha ha in the past 4 years that would only be 8 teams.

15. Kasumi

Kasumi Lakers Girl Staff Member

Coffee
    Thanks Belvedere - I hadn't seen it so glad to see her speak. She is incredibly well spoken when you look at the interview as a whole.

And, I have to applaud Jeannie, I love seeing a strong woman earn respect from a team's players and fanbase. She has earned and keeps on earning it. #finalhammer

lakerjones likes this.
  16. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Seriously, and how many teams have never been there.

17. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    Anyone see that hit piece by Kelly Dwyer? What a waste of flesh. It's not worth posting.

18. LTLakerFan

Now who was being hammered..... by Dwyer? This is a new article today?

Never mind, I just saw it front page on Yahoo of course. The choice of words he uses in the headline are a lie and disgusting, not what Jeanie said at all. I hate these guys.

19. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Jeanie was on Olbermann today too, she really made the rounds at ESPN. Kinda makes me wonder if ESPN needs the Lakers and their fans more than they let on and this upset a lot of people so they decided to do a tiny bit of damage control. I don't really get the timing of this otherwise, and why she was allowed to go on so many of their shows and defend herself against one of their guys.

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  20. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    DjBelvedere and alam1108 like this.