Jeanie Buss Discussion: Jeanie Mohr?

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by alam1108, Aug 15, 2018.

1. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Dude you don't know who's on the squad mane. @OX1947 says we're meeting in the cage in Temecula lol

You are a welcome new member, and I've enjoyed reading your posts. But yeah, seriously, we do have mad respect for @TIME as a long time member and moderator, and he was recently promoted to Administrator. That should tell you our community holds him in high regard, so I hope you come to know him and appreciate him like we do. It's not like moderating a board during a peak crazy free agent season is easy to do, and this is volunteer stuff. Mad props, and it's been fun to mix in some new folks with great takes.

2. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    [​IMG]

3. Chick the G.O.A.T.

Chick the G.O.A.T. - Rookie -

capital gains

I'm not everybodies cup of tea and I'm good with that. I never insulted him. "Try and keep up" is not an insult. You're an a****** is...see the difference? I'm done with this though that's all I have to say about it

4. sirronstuff

[​IMG]

If he didn't feel insulted, he wouldn't have responded. Several people read what you wrote and were like umm, not cool. That's not how one addresses Father Time.

So you can PRETEND what you said was not an insult, but telling someone "keep up" or "sit in the back seat on the short bus" etc all comes across the same. If I didn't think you could be a valued member, I wouldn't have bothered to say anything.

:Brandontea: #but that's none of my business (Cheers with tea)

abeer3, Big Mamma Jamma, tada and 4 others like this.
  5. jlkr

jlkr - Rookie -

old fart
    Ceez, you can say whatever you want. But when several others are calling bull on your view, maybe you should consider the possibility there is at least some substance to their words. Not saying you should apologize, just saying you might step back and see the possibility of standing in someone else's shoes. Sometimes it's not what you think of what you said that matters, it's the context others get from your words that matters more and if you do not take that into account, you can run into issues that you didn't need to run into. These things happen in real life, not just here.

Kinda like the he said, she said level of argument. He didn't consider that his words were nearly as bad as she was taking them. But he would have to reconsider that point of view if she was taking it poorly enough to jeopardize whatever was going on between them.

Don't get defensive ... just think about it, that's all we're asking.

Big Mamma Jamma likes this.
  6. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

AIn't the fist time it's happen by a long shot. Simple. Respect another's viewpoint, If they don't like to be talked to that way, try seeing their viewpoint instead of explaining to them why the are wrong. Better to respect another's wishes as regards courtesy than try and explain to them that they should think differently.

Big Mamma Jamma and LTLakerFan like this.
  7. Chick the G.O.A.T.

Chick the G.O.A.T. - Rookie -

capital gains

Very hard to discern what you really want to convey (such as a comical attitude or sarcasm) thru text I get that. I already told @TIME via PM that I wasnt insulting him and that was never my intention. I'm a little rough around the edges, I like sarcastic banter. Adds a little more fun to monotone text conversations but it's not always easy to get across the way you actually meant it to come across.

It's an open forum but I dont typically get involved in others disagreements so I have tried to steer clear of member comments regarding the situation ( not really a situation..). I respect what you're saying but it is what it is

Big Mamma Jamma likes this.
  8. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Ceez and I are good.

9. LakerFanIam

LakerFanIam - Lakers 6th Man -

Not sure what this is all about 'cuz I chose to ignore this member from the get go.. Just Sayin'

10. sirronstuff

11. Paperplanes

Paperplanes - Rookie -

Interesting comments from Adam Silver about star free agents going to big markets.

Adam Silver isn’t concerned that biggest free agents went to biggest markets because the successful teams, the Nets and Clippers, are “non-traditional big-market teams,” and, “we want to be a league where strong management is rewarded.”

I would take that as a slap in the face to the Knicks/Lakers. Winning alone doesn’t mean we have a strong front office. Longevity, sustainability and respectability with winning does.

Big Mamma Jamma and KB24 like this.
  12. Jaguar

Jaguar - Lakers 6th Man -

That’s what it looks like. Did anyone read anything that said PG actually wanted to come to the Lakers from Indiana, but somehow was routed to OKC? I thought i saw someone say that a week or two ago.

Big Mamma Jamma and SFGOLDRUSHER like this.
  13. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Btw maybe a less divisive thread title, mods.

14. TIME

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    :KobePoint:

15. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

I hope people use the same amount of energy and emotion to praise Jeanie during the forthcoming good times as they did during the bad times. FFS.

Your dad told you to let your older failure of a brother run basketball Ops. Granted, until the Deng/Mozgov signings there was no real reason to cast blame on Jim. That said she put aside nepotism and acted decisively and fairly quickly. Some might say coldly. She was never a basketball ops person other than assigning leadership there so stop blaming her for decisions made other than hiring for which she clearly reached out for advice on. People said "she's a Walton girl" obviously that mean sh*t as Luke is gone. Magic, is what it was. She has handled the spat between Magic and Rob with Magic leaving gracefully. So that it isn't a "thing" this is a lot harder to do than you can possible imagine. If she ousted the entire FO when Magic did his romper-room whine then we would have looked even worse. Jeanie is not the flaky leader many on this board portray her to be, nor is Rob the terrible GM many warrant him to be. Plan B was a nice thing to see it showed me the FO is on top of it. Not just from a "planning" aspect but a "PR" aspect. These guys worked the phones. They were ready for the Kawhi betrayal far before Kawhi pulled it. It was a nice try by Ballmer but we were ready for the bluff. Green and others waited because of our phone calls. Our FO deserve more credit than they have got. Anyone saying they could do better are full-on armchair GMs and owners IMO. Supposed "experts" keep saying how Rob could have done this or that with absolutely NO inside knowledge as to the relations and willingness and so many factors are pathetic. Hindsight is always 20/20 stop pretending you knew what's up.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    Toklat, Wino, TIME and 3 others like this.
  16. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Eh, you can easily argue Rob should have never been hired. Rumor is she wanted Kobe, he didn’t want the job, so she hired who he recommended. That’s still nepotism. There was no lengthy process, she hired Kobe’s former agent with zero experience because Kobe recommended him. To run the Lakers, the greatest franchise in the history of the NBA, no experience, eh, you were Kobe’s buddy. That’s not a smart way to run a team, the Lakers should have, and probably would have had the best of the best lining up to interview for that job, as rumor also had it many were mad they never got the chance. The Magic stuff wasn’t exactly a quick cleanup either, he trashed us on SC, then First Take, then went right to ESPN again to blab about his dealings with Kawhi and uncle Dennis. None of that is directly her fault, but it goes back to the whole should he have even been hired in the first place thing, when has he ever proven to be competent regarding basketball decisions when he’s not actually playing. His coaching tenure was a joke and his basketball personnel takes on Twitter are a disaster. Then, she brings back Kurt Rambis, a man who has failed in everything he’s ever done outside of being a bench role player and being a funny guy to look at because of his hair and goggles, because her best friend is his wife, he had got in good with Phil Jackson, and he’s an old Laker family guy. It’s not a good way to run the franchise, despite any success we have.

I wish for success, I’m not rooting against Jeanie, but if we do reach it, a large chunk of it will be thanks to LeBron joining and getting AD to demand to come here. Once he’s gone we have to then rely on AD as a recruiter and hope that Rob has become a consistently good GM. He had a very good offseason though, so it’s a good start, we might very well luck/back into success, and I’ll take that if it means a trophy or two, but it’s still not in the long run a recipe for sustained success. She/the FO have made some good moves and deserve credit though, they put together a seemingly better medical staff, and at this moment what looks like a more competent coaching staff, that can always be picked apart later, as you say, hindsight being 20/20. At the end of the day though there are way worse owners in the NBA, so it could be worse, at least she’s committed to trying everything she can to continue to get stars here and going after titles. We got used to Lakers exceptionalism, but now that’s kind of gone, and it’s the next chapter, and hopefully Jeanie can bring it back again over time.

17. sirronstuff

Jeanie represents all that is right in the world.

:Carusohearthands:

18. TIME

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    I like Jeanie, but I think it's pretty obvious by now that neither Jim nor Jeanie is going to fill the giant shoes of Dr. Buss. I'm just hoping that she learns and grows on the job.

Kenzo, LTLakerFan and Wino like this.
  19. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Certainly with the intelligence it has been reported many tmes that both she and Rob possess, learning and growing in those positions from the experience should be a reasonable expectation. No one is standing still here. Too much at stake.

TIME likes this.
  20. sirronstuff

With Jeanie, Rob, the Rambi, and Lebron on our side, I just don't see how we can go wrong.

All positive radio all the time.

KKLB