Jared Dudley Discussion: Mavs Assistant Coach

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by therealdeal, Jul 2, 2019.

1. LakerFanIam

LakerFanIam - Lakers 6th Man -

I don't expect much, but a Vet who can shoot & is a irritant + has Playoff experience. There are much worse ways to fill out the bottom of your roster when all you have are Min Deals.
    & let me remind y'all, I hate his F'in Face.

Purp n Gold and therealdeal like this.
  2. xkirax

xkirax - Rookie -

35% from the 3 last year. 42 FG% 70% FT lol if he was you know 27 i would not be worried yet his shooting will only get worst..

3. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Sounds like you are describing Mudiay tbh

wallangong and Purp n Gold like this.
  4. xkirax

xkirax - Rookie -

Year 1 people was trying to explain how they was not trash and they was not bad signing just slightly over paid and we had to spend the money anyways. Lol i told everyone they was trash and we should not of even signed them to MLE i was told i was wrong looks like i was right... We had to trade Russell 2 get rid of 1. and then we had trade 3 more years of cap space to get rid of the other...

5. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I mean you picked out his worst season after many many years of shooting better than that, but even then 35% isn't "cant shoot" it's literally league average. A guy who "cant shoot" would be worse than average wouldn't you think?

And like others have said: how in the world is this even remotely like Mozgov or Deng when the guy is here on a minimum contract?

Toklat and Purp n Gold like this.
  6. xkirax

xkirax - Rookie -

1 is young and can still imrpove the other has no where to go but down from the trash he already is...

7. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    Wow didn’t expect such intensely negative reactions around here for this move.

I like the signing, he can shoot and still defend. Brings some toughness and seems like a great locker room guy.

With that said, with or without Kawhi, I’m hoping he’s not being slotted into the main rotation. Hoping both him and Daniels are considered third stringers and we can get some better minimum players too.

PG / PG
    Leonard / SG / Daniels
    James / SF / Horton-Tucker
    Kuzma / PF / Dudley
    Davis / C

8. xkirax

xkirax - Rookie -

Lol i said people was making excuses for those trash not that there contracts was the same... lol he is OLD players who are old get worst the odds of him improving from his are slim 3% 2016/2017 37% 2017/2018 36% 2018/2019 35% Hmm notice a trend but your right its not that he is washed up and getting worst its that i picked his worst year...

therealdeal likes this.
  9. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Well, I was hoping no big signing news would break while I was watching Spidey. Got out, saw a lot of alerts and updates on my phone. Thank you Kawhi for waiting and not upstaging Dudley's moment in the sun.

Don't like him, but that's because he's always been the irritant on teams I don't like. Not a lot left, but he will contribute. Savvy vet who can hit a better 3 ball than last year's squad. Great locker room addition, everyone loves having him around.

I wonder if this prevents Melo from coming or if they have their own load management and split the 82 games between one another.

[​IMG]

therealdeal likes this.
  10. Purp n Gold

Purp n Gold - Rookie -

@xkirax Dude, we get it, you don’t like Dudley. Other than that you’ve just been inaccurate in describing him. All this grief for a guy who’s probably gonna play 15 mins on his best nights. You’re acting like this is going to submarine the season.

Chick the G.O.A.T., shoe and Toklat like this.
  11. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

12. xkirax

xkirax - Rookie -

QUOTE="Purp n Gold, post: 313491, member: 797"]@xkirax Dude, we get it, you don’t like Dudley. Other than that you’ve just been inaccurate in describing him. All this grief for a guy who’s probably gonna play 15 mins on his best nights. You’re acting like this is going to submarine the season.[/QUOTE]
    Lol what that i said that is not true did he not shoot 35 from the 3 and his 3 ball accuracy is getting worst? Lonzo on a bad knee shot 33% from the 3 last year your going to say he can shoot? Your going to tell me his old slow arse can defend? Last year we hurd this same bs about your acting like x player is going to submarine the season. Yet those guys did best example is Lonzo games without Rondo Lonzo played a lot better he could get into groves. Also we had a way better record on games he did not play then onces where he did...

13. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    Woj just dropped a podcast with Dudley after the signing.

Surprised at how much positive things Woj had to say. Said that if Dudley wasn’t in the league anymore he’d be one of the “elite reporters in the game” and Dudley is “one of the greatest gatherers of information” that Woj has met “in any walk of life”...

Not sure what that all means, but if it’s true you’d have to think Dudley made this decision with some belief that Kawhi was on the way.

Another thing that Woj said was that one of the great values Dudley would bring to the locker room is that he’s such a good media guy, that he could be a shield and deflect attention from the stars. That the media knows they can go to Dudley and he’ll give them good interviews while protecting his teammates.

That would definitely be a good quality to have in a locker room that we’re trying to attract Kawhi to.

shoe, tada, alam1108 and 6 others like this.
  14. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

In his defense, Dudley seriously is a massive ahole. It will be extremely hard to cheer for this guy.

LakerFanIam and Purp n Gold like this.
  15. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Already recruiting, gotta love it.

therealdeal likes this.
  16. Jaguar

Jaguar - Lakers 6th Man -

I’ve always hated Dudley, but when he said “the cheat code”, my mind changed. Welcome aboard JD!

Chick the G.O.A.T. likes this.
  17. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    Any other fat old guys we could sign? Or how about some just plain old obnoxious guys with punchable faces? What's Kendrick Perkins up to?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Chick the G.O.A.T. and xkirax like this.
  18. Purp n Gold

Purp n Gold - Rookie -

@OX1947 And I agree. Hated him for years. But to think that he’s Luol Deng or that Dudley “can’t shoot” is just not what I see. It’s not a diaster signing, and Dudley will bring something to the table. All this typing for what? @xkirax don’t like the dude we can just keep it at that and move on.

19. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

Glen "Big Baby" Davis? Now, look what you made do Ju... :)

20. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

One thing is for certain, he loves him some twitter. He might as well take over the Lakers social media department. He's rocking 25.7k tweets.

Battle Tested20 and sirronstuff like this.