Isaiah Thomas Thread: He’s Gone Again

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by therealdeal, Feb 8, 2018.

1. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

God damn you guys are a quixotic bunch...you know its a GOOD thing if guys are arguing with each other about blown assignments?

Randle and IT have shown amazing chemistry on the court and if they're arguing the way they did, I'm happy about it. Shows these guys really care and want to be better. Randle said him and IT are good and they even dapped it up after that argument.

I want IT back on this team if we strike out on LeBron. Having him for a full year plus PG13 and Randle = Top 4 seed in the west.

2. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Randle might have given the PC answer but even Kuz has made comments about getting yelled at by IT. As a vet/leader type that IT can be, you dont need to be yelling to get your point across, its gets old and if they were losing its gets really annoying/frustrating.

3. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

We'll have to see how this all plays out. IT is a plan B or even C type of player for me so far. Sounds like he re-aggravated that hip again last night, too. I'm on the fence with him for sure. Not a priority signing right now in my estimation. But, as ever, have to see what happens this summer.

4. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I tend to agree, especially since they squashed the problem a few minutes later. Two guys trying to fire each other up and win a game. They're fine. They have some of the best numbers in the NBA when they pair up. I'm not concerned about that.

I don't have any problem honestly with IT holding these guys to a higher standard. That's a good thing. When the bigger, better players get here, they're going to do the same thing (hopefully). All that said, he continues to show me why I'm not exactly itching to re-sign him for anything more than a 6th man role.

5. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

So our contingency plan spoke and if he is to come back next season if we whiff on George/Bron, then it won't be for a role off the bench.

6. Azndude2190

Azndude2190 - Lakers 6th Man -

Even if Randle was being nice with his words and is secretly annoyed, I don’t think you say stuff like, “I would go to war with him”, unless you actually meant it. Otherwise Randle would be a psychopath.

7. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

no thanks then....offer 3/30 to Tyreke Evans, he'll just be as effective offensively and he's not a midget. Could potential be a backup for 1-3 (with his play making ability and sz). Mem can't afford to give him anything more than MLE as they're hard capped and dont have birds rights on him.

8. therealdeal

[​IMG]

9. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i'm out. he'll be the last to realize who he is.

curious to see who's offering him a starting job, though. name the team desperate enough at pg to do it.

10. therealdeal

This is what I was thinking too. Who does he actually think will give him the shot? Chicago? Atlanta? Is his pride really that colossal that he'd rather be "the man" on a s*** team than be the 6th man on a great team?

If it is, fine. Good luck, man. I don't have anything against him, but if he makes this call in the off-season he's a fool.

11. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    I think that’s a realistic scenario. I could see a team like Atlanta give him a 3 year/$60 million deal with guaranteed starting spot or something along those lines. Obviously he doesn’t deserve it but it helps them tank and they can still try selling it to the fan base as a major acquisition.

12. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

13. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

Well, its no secret he's looking for a payday and I think his comments are still in line with that. I get the feeling he would be okay with signing with a bad team to get paid.

And who knows, his financial situation might be at a point where he really needs to maximize whatever value he has. He's not going to get as much as he hoped but there's usually some team out there willing to overspend.

Won't be us though.

14. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

Can we sign and trade him for Clarkson? :D

15. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

If he's that adamant about starting, then bye.

If his ego's to big or he can't realize that he's just as effective coming off in a bench role as he does starting, then he doesn't get it.

Manu is a prime example of this. On ANY team, he would be a starting SG. But he knew in Pops system, he would be most effective and get the most opportunity to score off the bench with Parker and Duncan running most of the offense. Off the bench, he's the FIRST option, instead of the third starting.

Our team currently has a LOT of mouths to feed. From Ju in the paint, to Ingram, to Lonzo. But our system is unselfish enough to not necessitate the reliance on just one option, rather getting the best shot possible.

As well as IT has looked for us, he's also straying away from our core culture of unselfish basketball, despite him making some nice passing plays, they revolved around just him though. Down the stretch, it's okay, he's a solid creator when things get tight, but this team still needs to build it's culture of unselfish play and he's bringing a different mindset to it.

16. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

The double negative in that sentence isn't helping to convince me. Taken at face value it actually confirms what we think - that he is in fact a sixth man.

17. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Smell you later Jerry...

18. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

No wonder IT and LeBron didn’t get along. Their egos are too big. IT had a great run in Boston but that team was custom made for him. He is not and maybe never will be the same player. Right now he’s a short traffic cone defender and turnover prone. Plus the guys falls down as much as Hibbert.

If he wants to be a starter, it won’t be for this team. I understand him wanted to get a big payday and wish him luck. Hopefully it works out for him. I think his injury came at a terrible time but if Boston wasn’t willing to pay this guy after all he did for them, I don’t see other teams lining up.

I like players keeping each other accountable. The problem with that is in order to have credibility, you have to walk the talk. IT tries sometimes, even if he’s overmatched on defense. But too many times he’s just wondering around the court while his man scores with ease. Getting yelled at by a player who is a big part of defensive breakdowns, will get old quick.

19. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

:Worthywave:

Don’t let the doorknob hit you in the lower back on the way out.

20. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

IT - doorknob - lower back? More like a neck