Isaiah Thomas Thread: He’s Gone Again

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by therealdeal, Feb 8, 2018.

1. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I like that our own players are making our upcoming FA decisions more difficult

2. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    Stu says it all the time and I love it as well. He hits big shots and walks back like its nothing, this is who I am. He knows he's great and doesn't need to do anything extra. "Act like you've done it before"

3. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
    great problem to have

4. Toklat

Toklat - Lakers 6th Man -

I care less and less about free agents everyday. Paul George is coming and that is all I care about. I wanted IT a couple of years ago and hope somehow we can keep him. He brings alot to the table. Keep the next dynasty intact.

5. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

With Ingram out, let's see how much Walton relies on Ball and Thomas to run the offense... Keep Caldwell-Pope from that.

6. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Time for MVP caliber IT to step up tonight. Everyone needs to play great to get this win. Julius watch out for the homer refs who will want to get you in trouble early and then we're really f*****. No dumb charges or stupid **** tonight. And oh yeah you need to Beast. Lonzo keep it going kid just like against Miami. And of course need Kuuuuz to have a big game. Wouldn't suck for KCP and Zubac to keep it going. Brook come strong.

Toklat and JohnnyComeLately2k6 like this.
  7. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
    21 pts and 7 asts and even though he didn't shoot it well, he was our closer at the very end hitting those important FTs to make it a 4 pt game. Putting the final nail in the coffin.

Cookie, OmarE, raviator and 5 others like this.
  8. johnnyboy

johnnyboy - Lakers 6th Man -

Im Satoshi Nakamoto
    Not saying IT doesn't do great things on the court, but it seems like every time he comes in, the lakers lose their lead. When he steps off the court they make a run.

9. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
    I disagree and I am sure this isn't the case. It's also hard to judge him when we're limited in our depth but in the 7-8 games IT has played with us even dating back to his first game @DAL he has been at least good when in the game. Having the scoring and playmaking threat who can command the offense has been really nice. Oh and his ability to hit huge, clutch FTs.

10. revgen

revgen - Lakers 6th Man -

I disagree. He gives us another competent perimeter playmaker to go alongside BI and Zo. Kuz and KCP are shooter/scorers. He's been important for us with BI and Zo injured. There were times when the bench unit pretty much couldn't do anything unless he created a play. So even if teams go on runs with him on the floor, the runs would be worse if KCP or Ennis took his role.

11. LTLakerFan

His shot hasn't even started dropping at a MVP consistency yet but he's already got good %s I bet. Plus he's so money at the line. So cool to have that at the end of close games.

12. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

Again, excellent closer, brings some veteran stability and free throw shooting, and keep in mind he just started playing with the team. It can only get better. I was quite happy with his effort last night.

lakerjones, Toklat, revgen and 3 others like this.
  13. Kobe Bryant 8

Kobe Bryant 8 - Lakers 6th Man -

Hating the C Bags
    He's playing for his only huge deal. Not sure where he'll be next season, but he's playing well.

At his age and height, combined with his serious surgery, I could never bring the Brinks truck out. If we don't land the FA's we desire and wait one more year, give him a fat one year deal.

14. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

This is his best role and he could be part of some championship squads as a super sixth man. Definitely a bummer for him that his best years never amounted in a giant contract. Boston took that chance away by letting him play hurt and then dumping him instead of paying him.

As for the notion that we're better without him on the floor, that's just false. What he does for our bench has been vital to our success. Having a playmaker of his quality off the bench means constant pressure offensively the entire game and puts guys like Zubac and Kuzma in easier positions to score. He's been a big part of our success.

15. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

Actually, he has great chemistry with Zo and Zubac.

16. raviator

raviator - Rookie -

Definitely wouldn’t mind bringing IT back for at least 1 year after what I’ve seen. I was holding out judgment until I had seen how he would fit in and he’s done just that, fit in. And like a few have mentioned, doing it better than JC had did. My confidence in signing James is waning by the day and to a lesser extent PG, so I like the fact that as well as IT is playing with this group it makes bringing him back much more sensible than going out and digging through scraps. I just worry his agent is gonna aggressively push for a big multi year deal if not with us then with someone else. With IT even without James and PG, I still think this is a playoff team next year

17. LTLakerFan

Stop with that confidence waning thing.

:Lonzoball Watching:

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  18. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    We don’t even want LLLLL. That’s just all rumors of his agent. All of the front office staff can’t stand him.

Speaking it into existence :Brows:

19. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

I'm rooting hard for IT2. I want him to prove everyone wrong and play like an MVP again for us.

I would be more than happy to bring him back on a 1-year deal once we secure PG13 and re-sign Randle (and LeBron ultimately spurns us for Houston or Philly).

IT2 is an easy player to root for and even tho he was on the C-bags for so long...I liked him as a player and it's so dope to have a player like that on our team now.

he's injecting confidence into this young team like he did with Boston a few years ago when they traded for him mid-season and nobody expected the C Bags to make the playoffs that year as they were "rebuilding"

20. Doc Brown

Doc Brown - Lakers Starter -

Doctorin'