IPhone / ITunes Question: Help A Brother Out

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by TIME, Sep 29, 2017.

1. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    I picked up the new iPhone8+. I have the newest version of iTunes. I've encountered an issue with accessing all my individualized ringtones for different contacts. The new version of iTunes has eliminated the ability to access or manage your apps. My ringtone App, Zedge requires that you sync the downloaded tones using iTunes, but because the app no longer shows up in iTunes I'm stuck. Has anyone found a work around for this issue?

2. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    Wish I could help you out. I'm a Samsung user. We don't have those problems. Just kidding. Sort of.

I wonder why Zedge isn't there any more. It's still showing up in the Play Store.

3. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    This is what Google is giving:
    1. Open iTunes and make sure that your iPhone is connected to your computer.

2. Click on DEVICES -> APPS -> scroll down to FILE SHARING -> highlight the tones you wish to sync -> click on theSAVE TO button at the bottom and save this, for easy access, to a file (maybe title it My Ringtones) on your desktop.

3. Go back to LIBRARY -> and drag your tones, from your desktop file, to the (bell icon) TONES (this took the place of the RINGTONES tab under DEVICES -> APPS, if you are not showing this icon then go to EDIT -> PREFERENCES -> GENERAL tab and make sure that the TONES box is checked).

4. Click on the arrow just left of the name of your device. You will see a list of folders.

5. Drag your ringtones to the (bell icon) TONES.

6. Check on your iPhone -> Settings -> Sounds and the new ringtones should be at the top.

User comments:
    When you have these files in the folder, make sure you fill out everything for Get info if there are'nt any. iTunes might recognize it as incomplete if the original mp3 files does not have all the info. So just type and fill out with something and follow the steps I described some posts before.

Besides all that you have to go to Preferences then Advanced then make sure that "copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library" is NOT TICKED. Then click OK. Then do what everyone else said.

Folks, there is a BUG in iTunes. If you've reached the step where your ringtone is visible in iTunes, but is refusing to sync with your phone, you've hit it.
    1. Under Devices, select your phone.
    2. Up at the top you'll see a series of "Tabs" (they look more like buttons to me).
    3. Click on "Tones" and I'll bet you "All Tones" is selected for you.
    4. Change it to "Selected Tones" and select all your tones, otherwise what you do have on your phone is deleted.
    5. Sync and your tone should show up on the phone.
    That should do it. Just remember, the "All Tones" sync selection is busted.

This software is apparently for Windows only and you posted on the iTunes for Mac forum. If it was on a Mac I would tell you to use force quit to stop it running but I don't know how to do that on Windows.

TIME likes this.