How Bout Them Cowboys!

Discussion in 'Other Sports Discussion' started by TIME, Jan 13, 2015.

1. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

NFC East is now what was the Southwest of last season. No one knows who's going to take it. Cowboys could sneak in.

2. The Original 81

The Original 81 - Rookie -

Dem Boyz are still in it even with today's loss. Things don't look good though, we need to hold fort until Romo and Dez return. Hard to fault any team for failing to win without their starting quarterback and wide receiver. I fault the FO for not bringing in a quality backup for Romo and Terrence Williams for failing to step up in Dez's absence (pathetic effort on that one comeback route)

Hardy produces on the field but man he sure seems like such an ****** off of it.

TIME likes this.
  3. Lakers2015

Lakers2015 - Lakers Starter -

The NFC East is so bad this year. The Giants looked even worse than they did last week against the Eagles. They needed three interceptions and a kickoff return to win by a TD. The Cowboys had a chance to win this game and they did the only did they've been consistent at the last 20 years and that's giving games away. It's sad how pathetic they're without Romo and Bryant.

4. The Original 81

Look at the Steelers without Roethlisberger. Now imagine if they were without Antonio Brown. That's the Cowboys in their current situation. Star QB and star WR out simultaneously. Sub in Matt Cassel and Terrence Williams and this is what you get, pathetic.

I agree the NFC East is awful this year.

5. Lakers2015

Sounds like Dez is gonna play against Seattle. Not expecting a big game statistically, but just his presence out there will free things up for this struggling offense.

TIME likes this.
  6. Lakers2015

This team is an absolute disgrace. I honestly don't know how I should be more embarrassed of. The Cowboys or the Lakers. I'm so sick to my stomach. The SECOND game they gave away. They had every opportunity to take those games and be the clear cut favorite in a pathetic division and they couldn't get it done. The defense played out of their minds. Say what you want about Greg Hardy, but the dude is a great football player. He made a hell of a play on that interception of Wilson. We're 10 f***ing yards away and we can't even get in the end zone.

These two backup quarterbacks make me really appreciate Tony Romo. Yeah he's had his moments where he's made some numb skull decisions, but he's also won plenty of games over the years, made phenomenal plays, played hurt, led the team to an improbable victory, I just miss the guy. This team needs him so badly. This is on Jerry though for once again refusing to get a competent backup quarterback. With just average QB play we win three of the five games in this streak. These bums can make a great receiver like Dez Bryant look subpar.

7. The Original 81

Tony Romo is without a doubt the MVP of the Dallas Cowboys. Without him, this offense is terrible. Romo IMO is one of the most underrated players in the league.

Matt Cassel is terrible. You though you couldn't get worse switching from Weeden to Cassel. 97 yards passing? In a time where two QBs can combine for like 1,400 yards in a game? I understand it's the Seahawks but their defense hasn't been as dominant this year and even so you HAVE to come up with more than that.

8. Lakers2015

Joseph Randle released. To think Jerry and Stephen thought this bum could replace the game's leading rusher from a season ago. Now all we have is McFadden and Michael. Better pray McFadden can hold up or we're screwed. It will literally be all on Romo's shoulders when he returns.

9. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    Any opinion on today's release of photos of Greg Hardy's girlfriend and the abuse he inflicted on her?

10. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

He's a piece of ****. The NFL enables him. In the end it won't matter.

I'd see him spend time in prison, but his then-girlfriend was paid off so no jail time.

John3:16 likes this.
  11. Lakers2015

Well it was bad, but I don't believe for a second the Cowboys didn't know about it. Jerry doesn't care about PR or anything like that obviously. He wants to win and he believed signing a guy like Hardy would help him do that. If Ray Rice could still play at a high level they probably would've tried to bring him in as well.

People can hate it and I understand why, but that's the way Jerry operates. As good as Hardy is part of me wishes they used the money they signed him to re-sign Murray instead of signing an over the hill McFadden and signing a decent backup QB. Cassell and Weeden simply are terrible quarterbacks. Michael Vick was out there. Ryan Fitzpatrick was out there. Matt Hasselback was out there. They chose to stick with Weeden even after his horrible showing against Arizona last season. This is what they deserve. Romo hasn't played a full season since 2012. Odds are he was gonna miss some time and he has. Now they sit at 2-5 and if they don't win tomorrow night against the Eagles they may as well shut down Romo. Would probably be best to cut Hardy because you won't win with him anyway.

12. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    As a 49er fan, we had Aldon, McDonald, Culliver, and a few others who had trouble with the law. Our owner said he wants to win with class and got rid of all of them, as well as the coach he felt encouraged (or overlooked) this behavior. Now look at us, fighting for the #1 pick. It's a fine line in the NFL. Few can win without having a few bad apples.

Hardy is an exceptional talent. But my personal morals -- I couldn't employ someone like that. That's someone's daughter. But I believe in 2nd chances and if he expressed remorse, got counseling, and stopped that behavior, I'd be willing to support him. However, I haven't seen any of that out of him. The pictures were bad and his story didn't add up. I simply don't believe him.

And I agree with you @Lakers2015 - Jerry Jones wants to win and doesn't care about anything else. I'm not saying that's good or bad, I'm just saying I couldn't do it.

Lakers2015 likes this.
  13. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I'm not one to kill a man's career over a momentary lapse in judgement, but he was never punished adequately for what he did. He got a four game suspension instead of the ten game one the NFL handed him to begin with. Somehow he gets out of even the six game punishment you're SUPPOSED to get for domestic violence cases.

I thought it was terrible he got off so easily. When he came back he showed absolutely no signs of remorse or regret. He's a bad dude and I certainly couldn't employ him.

gcclaker and John3:16 like this.
  14. Lakers2015

Wow it is just unbelievable how many times his team finds a way to choke under pressure. Romo has always been accused of that and at times he has, but once again even with the "great" Greg Hardy they couldn't get a stop. Only makes the signing look even worse. If you're gonna bring a guy like that in you better be good. They're 2-6 and will probably finish 2-14 or 3-13.

15. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    ^^^ in that horrible division I can see you guys making the playoffs.

16. Lakers2015

Seven straight games. How does Jason Garrett still have a job?

17. Lakers2015

Great win today for Dallas. Romo definitely had a profound impact on both sides of the football. Being able to get a lead and the pass rush got loose and smothered Tannehill. McClain all over the field today. On that last drive the Cowboys looked like they did for so much of last season running down teams throat.

Redskins and Eagles get destroyed so Dallas is only two games back now. Giants on a bye, but a huge challenge coming on Thanksgiving. Carolina being undefeated. Certainly worry about Romo on a short week especially after how he looked last week against Philadelphia. That's why it's imperative they run the football well. Liked what I saw from Turbin today as he was able to spell McFadden. Next to no room for error so the Cowboys have to keep winning.

18. Lakers2015

Cowboys sign DE Cedric Thorton. He will probably play DT in the 4-3 scheme that Dallas runs. Good pickup. It's a four deal on 18 million. The Cowboys have lacked beef on the interior and this helps with that. Thorton was part of that stout Philadelphia defensive line that caused our line fits. He's gonna take up space and is a terrific run stopper.

19. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

Pokes get their back Elliott.

20. Lakers2015

Love the pick. McFadden played well last year, but the run game wasn't dominant like it was in 2014. Elliot has that kind of ability. He's a much more explosive and dynamic version of Murray. Still a lot of holes on the defensive side, but that's why we have six other rounds.