How Bout Them Cowboys!

Discussion in 'Other Sports Discussion' started by TIME, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Lakers2015

Lakers2015 - Lakers Starter -

Yeah I think Jaylon will get there, but he just looks so slow out there.

Woods needs to start at SS. I’ve seen enough of Jeff Heath.

Lewis looks like an excellent pick.

Just gonna have to pray Lee stays healthy and these young guys start to mature.

2. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Fortunately our offense is young too so we have a little time. I still think I'd look to move Dez this offseason to free up some room to go out and get a couple impact players on the other side of the ball. We're paying Dez top 5 receiver money and not only is he not a top 5 receiver, Dak likes throwing to Beasley better.

3. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    The Cowboys anytime Aaron Rodgers is near.

[​IMG]

4. PosterFormerlyKnownAs_MC

PosterFormerlyKnownAs_MC - Rookie -

Robotics Process Software Developer
    You win games in the trenches........ This team is under performing right now..... OLine..... seems to me they miss Leary at G. When you look back, every time they tried to replace Leary, either by injury or an attempt to move on, the line begins to struggle....... Right now this team is struggling up front for what is suppose to be a top 3 line in the league.

Dline is the Dline..... a bunch of quite not good enoughs to be consistent with pressure...... maybe 1 or 2 keepers ...... Lawrence finally has blossomed so that is a bright side......

LB..... struggle if Lee is not there ......... Jaylen is not quite back, it won't be until next year IMO that he will truly be closest to his old form post injury ...... This year is a bout learning, trusting that the knee is good and showing flashes of what's to come from time to time.......

Secondary..... banged up comes to mine ....... hard to perform at this position when the Dline is not getting pressure late in games ....... Brown is under performing somewhat, Lewis looks like he's going to be a fighter out there....he's going to be the best corner from this year's Cowboys draft selections ......

After saying all that, I think a WC is still well within range ....... 2 changes up front on the Oline this year....chemistry will get better......too much talent not to get a bit more consistent than they are right now ...... they need to get Elliot going somehow so that they can get back to controlling the clock ..... they don't have enough depth defensively to over come the offense not dominating the clock ........

5. Lakers2015

Cowboys dominate the 49ers 40-10.

Great win. Yeah I know SF sucks, but they’d been competitive in most of their losses until today.

Dallas dominated them from start to finish.

They got back to running the football. Zeke had an incredible game. Looked like Zeke of last year.

Dak didn’t need to do nearly as much as he has had too this season and that’s a good thing.

Defense was able to pin their ears back on the rookie QB and was all over him.

Very encouraging sign. This team can still make some noise if they keep playing like they did today.

TIME and Savory Griddles like this.
  6. Savory Griddles

I agree with all that. But our upcoming schedule is pretty brutal. Those two blown losses to the Rams and Packers are going to come back to bite us in the butt. We should be 5-1. The sucky part about it all? Id Zeke would have taken the suspension, it's be over right now and we'd still probably be 3-3. Now we have this looming hammer. Watch. We somehow go 4-0 in our next 4 games against the Skins, Chiefs, Falcons and Eagles, then Zeke finally gets suspended for the last 6 games for the home stretch.

7. Lakers2015

I don’t know about brutal, but some of those teams have come down to Earth.

Falcons are a mess.

Eagles look good, but just lost Hicks & Peters for the year.

Skins lost like four O-Linemen and Allen for the year.

Chiefs are having defensive issues much like the Cowboys.

I don’t expect us to win all four, but if they play the right they did the other day I think 3-1 is doable.

Savory Griddles likes this.
  8. Savory Griddles

3-1 would put us solidly in playoff contention. We still have some tough games after that though including the Eagles and Skins again, as well as Seattle and Oakland and a suddenly competent Chargers team. I really just chose the next four games because I was trying to envision how sucky it would be to lose Zeke for the last 6 games. That was how the math worked out.

No one in the NFL is running away with it this season. I actually like our chances at a Superbowl better this season than last season if we can get in. There isn't that dominant team that makes me worried...now that our achilles heel is out for the season (Rodgers).

TIME likes this.
  9. Lakers2015

Bottom line for Dallas is being able to sustain the way they played the other day in SF the rest of the season.

Obviously they won’t be facing a winless team every week, but they have to dominate on the ground consistently.

Their defense obviously isn’t good, but with the way they have the ability to score points and wear teams down with Ezekiel Elliott that’s how they’re gonna win games.

TIME likes this.
  10. Lakers2015

Ugly win, but a win is a win. Redskins always play the Cowboys tough and they did a good job getting after Cousins and they continue to dominate on the ground.

4-3 now and in prime position to go on a run in the second half of the season.

11. Lakers2015

Zeke’s suspension re-instated. Six game suspension starts this week vs Kansas City. Eligible to return for Week 15 matchup @ Oakland.

Huge loss. Have to go 3-3 at worst to stay in the hunt when he returns.

12. Lakers2015

Cowboys looked dominant today.

Held a really explosive Kansas City offense to just 17 points and that was with the ridiculous play at the end of the first half.

I know Wentz & Goff are getting a lot of the hype and praise and it’s not unjustified at all. They’re terrific, but Dak Prescott deserves some too.

Some of the plays he makes unscripted are incredible and even though he doesn’t have the flashiest numbers he just makes the right play. He spreads the ball around. Hits the open man. Doesn’t make mistakes. Just such a composed young quarterback.

Great win for the Cowboys. They needed this one because in all likelihood Zeke is still getting suspended.

Savory Griddles likes this.
  13. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

...just stopping by and saying thanks for beating the Chiefs. They will still win the AFC West but this Raider fan will take what he can get.

Lakers2015 likes this.
  14. Lakers2015

Cowboys just got destroyed in Atlanta. Chaz Green had one of the worst performances I've ever seen from an LT and for some reason Linehan and co. refused to give him any help. Dak was a sitting duck in the pocket. He never had a chance. Defense is just a joke without Sean Lee. He's a great player, but he's so injury prone.

Goes without saying they need Tyron Smith back in the worst way. Otherwise they've got no shot against Philly next week.

15. Lakers2015

Cowboys are a god damn disgrace.

Zeke returns from suspension and we don’t even use him in crucial situations.

At the 3 yard line and three straight passes WHAT THE f*** MAN.

Garrett. Linehan. Fire them NOW.

Dak has struggled the second half of the season, but I’m not giving up on him.

I saw what happened in Los Angeles once they got that young QB a legit coaching staff. People were already labeling Goff a bust and then McVay comes in and he’s completely turned it around.

This team has no playmakers. Dez isn’t a #1 anymore. He needs to take a pay cut or they need to move on.

Witten and Beasley are still capable players, but they’re complimentary pieces.

Other than Zeke we have no game breakers or dynamic players at the WR or TE position.

Seriously. Was at the game and every time Zeke had a nice run. He was getting 4 to 5 yards every time we’d throw a pass and have a turnover or a penalty.

Why would you go away from what’s working? It’s no secret Dak is struggling so keep running the ball to help him and our pathetic pass game.

Linehan and Garrett are f***ing morons.

16. gcclaker

^Change the color to Silver & Black, substitute Lynch, Del Rio and Downing...same script.

trodgers likes this.
  17. Lakers2015

I’d agree with that.

Raiders/Cowboys were my Super Bowl pick and they’ve both been dissapoints.

Both rosters still have plenty of talent, but need more depth and probably coaching changes.

18. gcclaker

I really think putting your rookies on defense especially the secondary from the get go will reap benefits. Can't put a price on experience. Sean Lee though is underrated. Kuechly gets the pub but I really think Lee is not that far behind, just as good if not better.

Interesting bit about Earl Thomas angling to play with you Dallas.

19. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    Rumor is the Kobe Bryant of the NFL is retiring to join MNF.

20. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Seeing John in a Cowboys thread, I was like WTF?!?

Reading John in a Cowboys thread, I was like boy just f***ed them up!!! haha

[​IMG]

John3:16 likes this.