2019/20 Players' Transactions: Breaking News , Trades, Free Agents, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Abeer: the way I see it, LaBron is as plugged in as anybody. When the Lakers came into town to play the Cavs, he mentioned Jules by name. So I'm thinking he'll know what the Lakers situation is and how a timeline necessitates his decision if he were to choose us. In regards to PG, he will know of Jules situation through their shared agent, Mintz. So I ain't worried about how Jules RFA timeline may conflict with big time free agents this summer.

2. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

his def rating hasnt been much better than jc, his saving grace is his recpectable 3pt %....not to mention his constant injuries

3. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

what? it affects how mgmt has to match or not an offer or wait out those guys fa decision

4. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

the point Vas was making is that the guys we're targeting know we don't have forever to wait and decide. Randle and PG share the same agent, so the thought is that we can count on him to give us an idea of what PG is thinking because it would be in the best interest of both his clients. Vas is right, the matching window is likely a non-issue for us this summer.

Barnstable, Big Mamma Jamma and Khmrp like this.
  5. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

Plus we have KCP's agent which is under Lebron's agency. I'm sure there will be communication through the pipeline on whether or not they will consider them as destinations.

It'd be in those Max Player's interests to get things done quickly with the Lakers rather than wait and other dominoes start to fall.

wallangong likes this.
  6. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    I haven't looked at the contracts of some of the players we'd be interested in but thought I'd throw this out there to see what you all would want or think we could do.

7. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

There's very little of interest in New York. They're over the cap and their contracts aren't attractive to us.

They don't have an attractive expirings package. Any deal would almost certainly need to be a 3-way trade.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  8. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

Clarkson would be a good player to move for their first rounder.

But they don't have any room or expirings to make things work.

9. vasashi17

KCP is an expiring and is an unrestricted FA, so he can sign with any team of his choosing via free agency. However since NY is capped out and is a desirable destination, trading for him would allow the Knicks to bypass certain cap restraints that they would inevitably run into if they were to sign him via free agency. Not to mention that NY would be able to pay him more if they trade for him (which we know Rich Paul is all about). But NY has no assets other than a 1st round pick, which I doubt they would part with for KCP...so in a round about way, what Real said in regards to a 3 way deal.

Also Portland is getting into the DJ sweepstakes...

...and Bucks just fired JKidd. You can almost smell the headlines already...."Should Lakers bring in the Master (JKidd) to teach the apprentice (Zo)?" I mean you already have Magic there and then if you bring in LaBron, holy s*** does Zo have a plethora of "father figures" that may lead to a full mutiny against Lavar.

And here's a more juicier story...Giannis and Kidd were tight....uh, does the Freak demand out of Milwaukee if this whole thing goes sideways? Rob did mention Giannis in his recent "Connected with..." interview...hmm.

10. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i worry about defensive ratings on teams with an obviously dominant defender. you could get punished for simply not playing enough minutes with gobert. importantly, he has the tools to defend either wing position and can shoot the three. that's valuable.

11. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

they have their pick...i like hermongomez but you right no expiring...only guy close is kanter n we'd have to ensure he'll opt out or a 3rd team

12. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
  13. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

14. vasashi17

Love on the block?

15. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Finger pointing coming soon to a roster near us that gets along great? Tossing that out there for when Mr. looking to solidify his legacy in next 2-3 years with 1 or 2 more rings comes to the Lakers and it's not quite happening yet with the young guys? Needs more help?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    sirronstuff and Barnstable like this.
  16. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

love's gotten a bad name there, imo. he hasn't stayed in as good a shape as he was in the end in minny, but he's still a very good player. just seems like an easy scapegoat due to his salary and never having great success as a first option. in truth, though, had irving still been in cleveland, he'd be catching blame right now, too.

can't we just say things are kind of stale there? that's how it feels. it happens. gs is even a bit stale, and they still have the kd new car smell. imagine having the same crew for years, going to the finals every year, losing a key player and struggling a bit. things can unravel.

i think they're right to just ride it out, though. no panic trades. still possible to flip a switch, and it's a better bet than integrating a new part in the latter half of the season.

17. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

This same drama happens every single year mid-season with a LeBron James team, and every year we still get a LeBron James team in the Finals. 3 years of drama in Cleveland over coaches, roster, rough patches, and in the end 3 years in a row of Cavs/Warriors Finals. I can see LeBron leaving at the end of the season, but I don’t see the outcome of this season as any different than the last 3, unless there’s some major injury, big trade, or Gordon Hayward miraculously comes back and is great right away.

jbiggs, alam1108, abeer3 and 3 others like this.
  18. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Let’s trade for Love!

Then we know LLLLL won’t be coming lol

19. DjBelvedere

DjBelvedere - Rookie -

I know people are not sold on DC but I guess having him and PG would be just so perfect. And we would be set up long-term instead of a declining LeBron.

A group of Cousins/Nance Jr./Ingram/PG/Lonzo with Kuzma as the 6th man along with Hart and whatever we can get is a solid team for years.

20. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Headcase, not a winner, bad teammate/influence, yada yada yada. Guy can ball and i would love to have a great big man again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.